Womens Running

What's up Weekend (Read 12 times)

Anonymous Guest

Not much here. I am happy to be home. Small doses of mom are good. Just about hit my limit. She gets anxiety when she's out of her comfort zone, and we pushed her right out there. She did pretty good. My niece did a great job planning things to do and see while we were out there. Her apartment is right in Little Italy, and I totally understand why she loves living there, especially as a young person. So much right there in walking distance.

I think I'm going to skip my baby runners this morning. I'm just too tired to people. Got home late last night and then couldn't sleep for quite awhile due to excited doggos.

I can't remember anything anybody said over the last few days, so no personals from me!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, glad you're back safe and sound.  Always sweet when the pooches miss you.

10-11 on tap for today.  Slept for about 12 hours last night.  Was nice, except for the dog fights on my bed.  The young shit doesn't like the old shit on the bed.  They're getting more intense.  Someone is going to get kenneled soon.

Dreary out.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 16. It's sunny and gorgeous 50F but the sun and no shade right now because it's winter, it's not, it is, it's not, has left our trees still somewhat bare. I might either do the TM or split the run because I don't want to burst on fire as my last long run.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Damaris, hope your 16 went well!!

I ended up with 12!!  I had 3 hours on my schedule and figured I wouldn't get to 12, but I did.  Tired but pleased.  Run/Walk at first, then walking, then it felt like crawling.  Glad it finished when it did.  4 tomorrow, AFTER work, ugh.

Not much else.

OH, question.  For those of you who wear ear buds, if you do, what brand do you wear?   I like the in ear ones.  I have Apple and they're not working right and Apple doesn't know why.  But it sucks to put them in for a run and one bud doesn't work - chronic issue.  Time for a new pair.

Happy Saturday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't run 16. I ran 5 and couldn't breathe so I'll try again tomorrow. Plus my leg is dragging too much today. FFS, I need to figure this out. It's the good leg but ever since the fall and injury, the hips don't move as fluidly and I drag the foot a lot on certain days.

I wear Bose or JBLs, Kat.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 followed by strength training.

No help on the headphones, I don't wear them while running.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I've been having the best weekend ever.

I'm not allowed to tell ANYONE but I can't hold it in and I know you won't say anything. It's still super early but apparently my baby is going to have a baby. I'm going to be a Nana. DS is absolutely terrified. This wasn't planned as they're still early on in their own relationship but they've already previously mentioned marriage and surprises can happen any time. So the Little was an unplanned surprise. He's happy but oh so scared. And hubby and I are absolutely thrilled. They're only approximately a month into baby brewing so I know it's way way early but I'm so excited for them. And of course me.

Oh and I ran 5 miles with hubby

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I just wear cheap ear buds because I'm so hard on them. I swear through them and burn them out. Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congrats, Lori!

Damaris

Karen, I here ya on small doses when traveling with a parent.

Kat, nice 12 yesterday!  No ear buds here.

Damaris, annoying about the asthma flare and leg issues. Taper time for London?

HCK, nice workouts.

Lori, wow on being a gramma!  Hope things go smoothly.

Trail work day at Muir Woods went well.  I cleared trails for 3 hours then ran 9.5 hilly, technical miles after that.  Very few people actually wander beyond the park floor (sort of like Yosemite) so the upper trails were pretty open.  I wanted to test out my trail legs since I have a hard 50k next Sunday.  Training in March sucked so I'm considering changing to the 35k.  Felt okay yesterday, but that was less than 10 miles and 2000' of climbing.  I don't have to decide now.  It's an out and back race and I can play it by ear on race day.  Heading out for 4 easy miles.  After one more cup of coffee.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Margaret, the leg issues have been arising since the injury (this is the good leg, not the injured one). No idea why. Some days I drag it worse than others. Yesterday was such a day. FFS, it's annoying.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Can't stop sneezing. Allergies have not been bad the last several years, but the grass and cedar are getting me this spring.

I ran 5 this morning. Back on the horse.

Congratulations Lori! That's so exciting.

Margaret, what a beautiful area to volunteer and run.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles this morning with various intervals. Still windy, so tough in spots.

BerthaSlayer, congratulations!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kats, I wear Apple ear buds that came with my Nano (loooonnnnggg time ago) because they fit the best. For computer ear buds, I use the cheap ones. They don't fit as well. The ones with the removeable pads never fit at all so I could not wear them. Perhaps your cable to the non working ear bud might have broken internally. 

Lori, congrats on the news!  

Damaris, could the good leg be reacting because it was possibly compensating because of the injury? Hope it is only temporary. Sorry about the asthma. 

HCK 2.0, good work on the run, especially with winds! 

Karen, sorry about the allergies. It's getting to be a worst time of year.  Lots of sneezing can irritate the nose, too. 

GatsbyBird, excellent running! 

Been running all week, then adding the 10 stairs and floors sets. Legs seem to like the stairs. It helps to be in a high rise because I can do things even in a snowstorm. 2 days off and starting the regular workout pattern tomorrow.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yup, it was definitely compensating due to the prior injury but it started in October or November and it's only gotten worse. Annoying, not necessarily painful. I'm going to see if I can go to a chiro this week.

Damaris