Womens Running

Weekenddailies (Read 10 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Anyone doing anything exciting runningwise this weekend?

I think Damaris was on the fence about Monumental.

Me? I ran 5 with hubby today. He's trying to rebuild his endurance. He's already informed me that soon he will leave me in his dust again. Lol.

Tomorrow I will try a long run myself.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Good morning!

Lori, nice (or annoying?) that your DH is feeling so optimistic.

Damaris, enjoy Monumental (or rest day?).

Nothing too exciting for me this weekend.  Tracking a few friends at Rio Del Lago 100.  I've got 10 on the schedule today.  Dinosaur Valley is in two weeks, eeek.  Just hoping the back and rib pain is gone by then.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, we stayed in bed, lol. I have 3 later on the TM because the wind is brutal.

Lori, nice 5.

Margaret, enjoy the 10.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Meh. Hubby has always been faster but I can outrun him mileage wise. I just don't brag about that out loud to him because then he gets in a pissy mood. Lol

Our wind advisory is for this afternoon. We will get Damaris' wind later.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope not! Right now we have 53mph gusts.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Gah, it felt like early summer out there. Warm, humid & sunny. Glad I did not register for the free running club HM tomorrow, it would be miserable. 4.5 mies. They sucked. As expected. I feel like I owe my Garmin an apology. It predicted a problem a month before I fully realized it.

BerthaSlayer, no exciting plans.

GatsbyBird, hope the back & ribs feel better soon. Is the coughing mostly over?

Docket, at this point, I'd probably DNS with those conditions. Been there, done that. Don't need to do it again.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hope not! Right now we have 53mph gusts.

Sadly yes. We've a wind advisory for later of 70-80km/ hour wind with isolated gusts of 90km/hr.

Which reminds me that I should move my lawn chairs. Before they land in Kansas.

Lori

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

6 miles this morning and a leg workout.  My longest run in a while!

Dinner was great, we went to this place with BF's brother/sil a few weeks ago and wanted to go back (it's in a neighboring town). Anyhow, lots of good food and then the kids made some 'cake balls' which we had with some ice cream once we got home. So, I definitely needed a good run this morning!

Lori - nothing exciting here! I may see if DD wants to go on a walk later but we have some rain coming through. Winds are supposed to start picking up here, as well. Happy early birthday to you!

Margaret - enjoy your day and have a good 10 miles!

Damaris - yeah, that wind would have been miserable to run in, staying in bed sounds like a much better option!

Kathi - this warm weather is wild! Nice 4.5!

Anonymous Guest

We are home. Need to look back at the last few days here and catch up. The trip went really well. It would have been better with a couple more vans, but overall everyone seemed happy with it. One lady was really cool, retired school teacher that has done lots of amazing camping, rock climbing, hiking stuff. She recently finished up chemo and was doing this trip to see if she still had the stamina and strength to use her van, plus wanted to learn more about how to use it. She was fun and said she'd watch for any other trips we did, ready to sign up. She also said we should put together a girls van trip sometime.....could be fun. The other van was a couple from Tennessee. Older, retired, just bought their van about 8 months ago so had never taken it off road before. Everyone (even me, as I had to drive our van the whole way while DH lead the group in his Forerunner) felt better and more confident about driving on various terrain, using 4wd, etc. at the end of the trip. Tired now though, as DH and I were pretty much "on" nonstop for the last several days.

Anyway, no running for me at all. I didn't even take running shoes. And I didn't even miss it, probably because I was so busy, and also because I needed the break.

Laura, happy birthday a little late!

We had the southern end of the storm system hitting Damaris today and Lori later. I looked at the radar map when I had a little bit of internet yesterday and the storm system stretched from where we were all the way up into Canada. Winds were crazy yesterday afternoon here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, glad the trip went OK. I wondered if the tornadoes in TX yesterday or Friday were part of this storm system.

Damaris

LC Runs

Thanks, Karen!! Glad you had a fun camping trip!

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Nice day for a run here, but I'm probably not even going to go out. Since I've already taken several days off, figure i'll do one more. My achilles has been bugging me again, ever since my 50k a month ago. If the almost week of rest doesn't fix it, I'll have to get an appointment with a sports doc.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Watching the NYCM on TV. 6-7 miles later.

Karen, ugh at the Achilles.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

10 miles today. I likely ran the first 8 way too hard because I limped through the final 2 miles. But overall I think I'm getting a bit faster.

Lori

Happy NYC marathon Sunday!  And turn-the-clock-back-an-hour Sunday, for most of us.  I was tracking a few folks at the Rio Del Lago 100 this weekend.  Trail Sisters all finished!  Of my local running friends, most finished, although one did so with an ankle fracture and is probably done with running for a while so it can heal.

HCK, yes the coughing is 90% done so the ribs and back pain should get better too.  Weird about the warm weather.

Lori, hope the winds aren't too bad.

LC, fun birthday!  And nice run today!

Karen, sounds like a good trip, especially for your first as leaders.  Even without a lot of people, that much peopling sounds tiring.  Sorry the achilles is still bugging you.

Damaris, enjoy your run later.

6.4 miles today, including uphill strides.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR