Monday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

4 easy for me. They sucked. I am tired.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sucky day here to Karen.  Though I’m at work.  Either my computer, or more likely my charging cord isn’t working.  Taking it in after work.  Joy.  

SHIT day at work.  One staff member is a nasty bitch. Pulling major attitude.  They are completely inefficient today.  Two hours to do a 30 min appointment.  

Tralala.  

k

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

I was pooped after a busy, good, but exhausting weekend at Monument Valley for the 50k.  Flew to Las Vegas on Frontier, about as low budget as they come, lol.  As Karen knows, if you want the cheap fare, you are limited to one "personal item" that has to fit under the seat in front of you.  Not sure how often this happens, but before boarding, each passenger had to put their "personal item" into the sizing template in the gate area, to make sure you weren't sneaking something too big onboard.  And if yours didn't fit, you had to pay $99.  Or not travel, I suppose.  They didn't go through that routine on both legs, just one of the flights, but still, it made for a slow boarding process.  Not sure if I'll every fly Frontier again, but at least I know what I'm getting into now.  After that, I drove 6 hours to Kayenta, AZ, which was about half an hour from Monument Valley.  A very interesting but long tour of Nevada and northern Arizona.  Probably should have coughed up a little more for a flight to Phoenix, which would have been more like a 4 hour drive.  Anyway, now I want to go back and see the Grand Canyon and the other parks in northern AZ and southern UT.

I put some pics on Strava and FB.  So many photo ops!  Really spectacular scenery, and I kept stopping to take more pics, I couldn't help it.  Not a race for a PR, lol.  But I was still 2nd in AG, so that was good.  Posted a mini RR over in the Trailer Trash group, take a gander if you're so inclined:

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/Trailer_Trash/forum/Post/cca81f7ec4a447a18cf958bf20e4bdb1#focus

Karen, Kat -- sorry your Mondays sucked.  I took today off of work, which was probably for the best since I've no doubt my Monday would have sucked too.  Always so hard for me to get back into the boring work routine after an adventure.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had a great day with my day off, a massage and soon Pilates. And then the sink is not flowing. FML. Called and left a message for the plumbers and they haven't called me back. It's OK to come tomorrow, we will survive but at least I need them to come for sure.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day for me today. I've been really tired lately.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**