Womens Running

Mailbox Monday! (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Post!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Just got an email that after 3.5 years, we finally have a mailbox at our Colorado home. That's right, the place that hates short term rentals and is trying to permit/increase fees on them out of existence, built our place with not enough mailboxes. Because they didn't expect them to be occupied full time. When we lived there between houses here, I was told I could wait for one to become available and until then I had to rent a PO box at the post office downtown. I guess they finally put up some additional mailboxes and the post office has a key for us. Problem is I don't think our property manager can pick it up for us and we weren't planning on going up there until July. They better still have one for us! You can only forward mail for a month, so when we stay up there for three months, our mail has nowhere to go.

Anyway, sorry about the Super Bowl loss, HCK.

And now I will head out to run. Hopefully I will feel better than yesterday. I thought about a rest day but tomorrow is supposed to be super windy and possibly rainy, so I'm gonna save the rest day for that.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, enjoy the run.

RD for me. Massage therapist appointment.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, good luck with the mailbox.  The post office is a model of efficiency.  When I got this house it took a good month just to get a key.  Hope your run was better today.

Damaris, enjoy the RD.

4 meh miles today, need to up my game some.  I got a tiny bit of running in, need more time on my feet, not necessarily running I think.  Talking things over tomorrow.  Decided I will do a 25K the first weekend in March, Crazy Desert in San Angelo TX.  3 hour drive, stay over the night before and head home after.  After that I am hoping to go do a 12 hour race with Lisa in May for her bday.  Finances will dictate.

Super Bowl get together was quiet, only a handful of us.  I personally found the game, halftime, and commercials very lackluster.

Nothing on tap today except some chores and hopefully nails.  They're way overgrown.

Enjoy Monday, if possible, everyone.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Mailbox? Reminds me that I should go empty ours. It's been a few weeks since I've been. It's probably crammed full with junk mail.

Laid off again this week. Apparently,  according to rumour,  we were supposed to be laid off last week but some bigwig  was supposed to do a tour of the plant and so they recalled us back to work. This bigwig,  according to rumour,  messed up on the paper work required to cross the border (makes no sense to me because usually a passport is sufficient) and subsequently couldn't cross. Maybe they didn't have a passport? And so we ran out  of parts again and are laid off. Lol. I hope somebody makes this shit up because if true these are the folks running this corporation. Into. The. Ground.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Took a couple hours off of work this morning for a doctor's appointment in SF.  I forgot how much I hate city traffic.  And prices... $8 for one hour of parking but it's better than parking on the street and risking having a window smashed, which is common.

Nothing exciting to report about our mailbox.  It's the old fashioned kind, across the street in a row with a few others.  Most people around here use a PO Box at the post office but I think it would be a pain to go there to get mail all the time.

Karen, weird that Pagosa Springs would be difficult about short-term rentals.  Isn't that what most of the places are there?

Damaris, hope the massage therapist is good.

Kat, time on feet definitely doesn't have to be time spent running.

Lori, annoying that company management is so disorganized.

Hi to everyone else.  Running rest day for me.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

DH and I both took the day off work. Picked up lunch and went to see his uncle. 40 minutes on the treadmill + strength training. This not going to work is nice.

AnonymousGuest, seems like a good move to run today & take the rest day tomorrow.

Docket, enjoy the massage.

KatS, agree on the lackluster commercials and half time show. Game was about what I expected, I think KC was the better team.

BerthaSlayer, I wonder if there is different paperwork for work vs vacation when crossing the border?

GatsbyBird, yea, city traffic and parking is crazy. Heck, here some of the hsopitals in the county make you pay for parking.