Womens Running

Monday Mood (Read 13 times)

Anonymous Guest

What's yours? Mine is just alright.

Cloudy and 50s/60s here again, so I will go run a few in a few. Then groceries for the boy for the week (and travel snacks for me). Then finding my warmest clothes because it's going to get cold in IL.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate Mondays again ever since we returned to the office. Today was no exception. Woke up at 5:30am (one hour earlier) and was super awake; then went back to sleep and was like a zombie at 6:30am. Then had to shave quickly as I have a massage this afternoon and forgot to do it last night. So I was scrambling all morning to make it out for work by 7am.

Massage therapist and Pilates for me this afternoon. Leaving work at noon will make me feel better.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm in a crappy mood tbh. Family drama. It never seems to end.

However,  I'm going to try to not let it ruin my day.

Marathon training starts today with a rest day. (I ran 10 miles yesterday. Slow but nonstop which is highly unusual for me. I like my walk breaks). Technically I'm supposed to run 3 tomorrow but I probably won't because I have a followup cardiologist appointment after work tomorrow. I'm hoping not to continually have to skip the workouts but I think 3 miles can be ignored on first week.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

I'm resigned to the fact that it's Monday.  But, glad I do not have to commute any farther than downstairs to my home office.  Had a productive weekend but now I feel like a need an extra day off to rest up from all the productivity, lol.  Easy 6 miles yesterday, something easy this afternoon.  I'm about 50 miles away from 2200 for the year which sounds like a good goal (gotta love how I set my goal at the end of the year, which is why things like the "running game" don't work for me).

Karen, what's the weather looking like in IL?  Snow?

Damaris, I do not miss commuting.  How far away is your the office?

MTA: hi Lori, cross posted while I was refilling my coffee.  Sorry about the family drama.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I live around 22-25 miles from downtown, so around 30-40 minutes. Traffic here is not too bad at all. 14 miles in Miami were 1-1.5 hours.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I ran 4. It was enough for today.

Damaris, yay for leaving work early! Hope the massage is good-painful, and the Pilates goes well.

Lori, sorry for the crappy mood. I saw that 10 on Strava yesterday and was impressed.

Margaret, brilliant goal-setting plan! Productive weekends are good, but they do make Mondays exhausting. Weather is cold. Highs around freezing or a little above, lows in the 20s. Unless I stay past next weekend, when the highs are only going to be in the 20s and the lows go down to 10-15. Thinking I'll start back Sunday afternoon or Monday to avoid that!

My sister's husband is going deer hunting next weekend, so we are joking that we're going to test run the Golden Girls house for our future. We realized my mom is probably going to outlive us all, so she'll be our Sophia. And odds and genetics say we are both very likely to outlive our spouses.

Yesterday I made camping reservations for Big Bend for the second week in January, so looking forward to that! We are going to figure out some sort of westward loop after that and meander around for a week or two. Will probably try to stay south to avoid the cold and snow, and will hopefully be able to meet up with our San Diego van friends somewhere for part of it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Margaret, brilliant goal-setting plan! Productive weekends are good, but they do make Mondays exhausting. Weather is cold. Highs around freezing or a little above, lows in the 20s. Unless I stay past next weekend, when the highs are only going to be in the 20s and the lows go down to 10-15. Thinking I'll start back Sunday afternoon or Monday to avoid that!

Lows in the teens for us from this weekend on, so same. But we don't hit lows below 38F until then. We are missing the blizzard and getting rain instead, lucky.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Lows in the teens for us from this weekend on, so same. But we don't hit lows below 38F until then. We are missing the blizzard and getting rain instead, lucky.

Makes sense weather would be similar. I believe my hometown is almost straight west from you.

Yep, just looked at google maps, about 300 miles straight west.

Anonymous Guest

Margaret! So the DH has decided that wandering west after our trip to Big Bend in January would be a good time to have a guy he knows in CA do some work on our van. The guy is in San Carlos. I don't know the timing yet, but according to my Google maps, I'm going to be practically in your backyard, and  you and I need to go for a run. Or dinner. Or both.

Margaret! So the DH has decided that wandering west after our trip to Big Bend in January would be a good time to have a guy he knows in CA do some work on our van. The guy is in San Carlos. I don't know the timing yet, but according to my Google maps, I'm going to be practically in your backyard, and  you and I need to go for a run. Or dinner. Or both.

Yes, definitely! San Carlos is just over the hill, as we coastsiders say. We will be away January 2-11. Hopefully your visit is after that?

LC Runs

My Monday mood is I'm glad the work day is over - was definitely a Monday LOL

No run for me yesterday or today, my left knee has been aching since Saturday afternoon, no idea what that's about so I'm taking some extra rest. I did get some shopping done yesterday, I am at the point where it feels like the more I do, the more I still have to do. Bleh. I am just not a fan of Xmas, I know some people just love it but it is just stressful and I am usually glad when it's over!

Karen - you will probably enjoy the cold weather for a few days!  Big Bend will be fun!

Damaris - I still hate Mondays, even at home (though I'm sure I would hate them even more if I had to commute). Hope you had a good massage!

Lori - sorry about the family drama, it's just so draining.

Margaret - nice yearly mileage! My highest is 2257, I think in 2014? I didn't do well with the yearly challenge game (did it 2021), too much pressure!

Anonymous Guest

Laura, ugh. Hope a couple days rest does the trick. I used to love Christmas, but now I just don't really get into it that much. Probably partly because we're down here and the families are all up north. Anyway, hang in there - just a couple more weeks until it's done!

Yes, definitely! San Carlos is just over the hill, as we coastsiders say. We will be away January 2-11. Hopefully your visit is after that?

We will be in Big Bend until the 12th, then want to check out the state park next door to the national park for a day or two, then will probably take a few days to get up there, with maybe a meetup with our San Diego friends in there somewhere. May stop either coming or going at Joshua Tree or Death Valley. And may do one way or the other on Highway 1, which would take a lot more time than I-5. Anyway, earliest we'd be up there probably would be 19-20 time frame, could very well be the following week. I will definitely let you know once we figure things out.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yay, Monday! Ok, not really.  In the office,  which is just annoying since I think I had 1 conversation about work. Short spin workout and upper body after work.

We will be in Big Bend until the 12th, then want to check out the state park next door to the national park for a day or two, then will probably take a few days to get up there, with maybe a meetup with our San Diego friends in there somewhere. May stop either coming or going at Joshua Tree or Death Valley. And may do one way or the other on Highway 1, which would take a lot more time than I-5. Anyway, earliest we'd be up there probably would be 19-20 time frame, could very well be the following week. I will definitely let you know once we figure things out.

Yay, good!  Sounds like I'll be here.  My DH is going to the Philippines on 1/15 so you will probably not see him.  Keep me posted once you have a plan in mind.

Hi LC and HCK!