Womens Running

Stormy Tuesdailies (Read 11 times)

It was so stormy this morning--skipped spin class.

Kat--I hope today is a calmer work day.

HCK--Are you near Baltimore? Saw the bridge collapse on the news this morning. Yikes!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles

CrazySue,  yes, I could see the Key Bridge from a few hills near me. I thought I would see a bunch of helicopters when I ran this morning from the one hill. Nothing,  but that's due to a no fly zone. I work in the city,, it was definitely visible there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Crazy about the bridge.

I have 7 and the massage therapist.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

An alert I got "the Key Bridge is closed indefinitely ". You think? It's gone.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

An alert I got "the Key Bridge is closed indefinitely ". You think? It's gone.

No shit.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

That bridge video is awful. It doesn't look real. I wonder how long it will be before ships can go in and out of the harbor again.

I am trying to get my long run motivation up. Weather says it won't hit 60 degrees until mid afternoon, so as long as I get done by lunch/early afternoon it should be nice weather for it. Just gotta get out there and get started.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, tick tick tick...

Kathi, at least the collapse happened in the middle of the night.  Horrible at any time, but can you imagine at rush hour?  Indefinitely.  Gee, really.

Damaris, enjoy your miles and massage.

Feeling so much better today, but then it might have been the Xanax last night.  After several years of not having any, I asked for a small supply for really intermittent use.  (In two months I have taken two pills)  I took a whopping 0.5mg which is low.  That's a cat dose, and it knocked my ass out!  Guess next time I'll try a half tab.  Felt good though, nice sleep.  Still can't wait to go to work tomorrow and have a "chat".

4+ on the books for today.  We shall see how I feel out there.  Other than that, nothing.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

So I volunteered to go down to our PG county location to do an in person training,  see their new building and actually meet staff. Tomorrow  Looking at Google,  traffic doesn't seem too insane, it actually says 45 minutes, which is quicker than expected.  Luckily it's midday and spring break.

Anonymous Guest

Got my 16 in. I stopped by the house at about mile 10 for water and had a really hard time getting back out there. I had been feeling tired with all kinds of little aches and pains. But the last six actually felt much better.

Kathryn, glad you're feeling better today. Nice run.

HCK, I'd think if you avoid rush hour, getting to/from PG county wouldn't be too bad. Hey, you could stop at Arundel Mills and maybe actually get a parking spot on the way. Haha.

On the bridge, I read the ship sent out a mayday and they immediately close the bridge - it could have been even worse as far as fatalities.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

One of the local stations was trying to figure out what do you call the beltway now. Usually it's refered to as the inner or outer loop. No more loop. I'm curious if they change the rules in the city. There are overheight cameras for trucks on common through routes in the city. They need to send proof of delivery to the city to avoid tickets (had to make a bunch of calls to get this info for a vendor).

AnonymousGuest, no timeline on anything. They are still doing search and rescue (call me a pessimist, but the water is 40 degrees, I think it's recovery at this point). Anyway, the officials are focused on that. Apparently they got some fancy cranes at the port for when the removal comes.

KatS, yea, I think the outcome is about as "good' as it could be. Rush hour or any time there is an incident on 95 or 895 would be so much worse. I suspect next week traffic will be an absolute cluster.

Docket, enjoy your 7.