Womens Running

We’ve Been Waiting For YOU, WEEKENDS!! (DAILES) (Read 22 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Slept in this morning and waited til afternoon to run. It was raining until after lunch, so it worked out. Got in 7 miles, they went better than I expected since I have been congested all week.

Lizzie, do you just drink coffee before you run? I find I have to eat something after I drink coffee or my stomach is not happy.

GatsbyBoird, I find Strava gives me an extra .1 to .25 miles.

CrazySue, hopefully the yoga helps your hip.

AnonymousGuest, glad you're feeling a little better.

Seloc, your basement sounds like ours DH will run with the fireplace when he works in the shop. Nice for him, not so nice to run on the treadmill.

Re birds not sharing, here's a recent example.  This isn't even the junk drawer, but if there's one bird in a drawer, then someone else wants to go there too.  Trying to separate them with the microwave door didn't work for long.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Liz - Glad you still had a nice group run - but, sorry about the GI issues.  I will say that is the problem with having to be somewhere to meet up for a run, the pressure is on to make things “work” before yo7 go...yep, more poop talk LOL

Susan - Nice job on the 5k.  That hip has really been a nuisance for you!  

Karen - oh my gosh, that sickness sounds just horrible!  I’m sure being rundown after your 100 didn’t help.  Glad you are feeling a little better!  

Margaret - I love the picture of your birds...LOL.  Too funny that you have to referee them!  So, do they fight each other???

Laura - Nice 5!!!  Glad the Christmas party was good!  Are you doing any of St. Pats?

Damarias - Hope you have a good race today!

Kat - So, at this point you are doing Screaming Monkey?  

Sandy - Glad all is calming down for you!

5K went fine, (1st out of 14 oldies - LOL) had a good time with RB’s!  Got the ugliest shirt ever! Normally the shirt (if you buy it) is a nice Brooks L/S gender specific shirts with a Christmas theme color and old fashion “Run like the Dickens” logo.  This year we jokingly called it “reindeer poop” brown with some kind of top hat as the logo, and was cheap A4 brand....  yuck! 

question for all of you ultra - runners.  For a first 50k what are the pros/cons of looped vs one loop event?

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7 for me this morning.

Good run! Legs are tired from yesterday. Still getting used to new "easy" pace. Finally wasn't raining but rain will be back tomorrow. Going to be "warm" for a few days then the temperature will be back to cold again just in time for the first day of Winter!

Lots to think about after our meeting yesterday. We are waiting on them to get back to us on a few things - close date being one of them. After the meeting we stopped and got some Mellow Mushroom pizza! YUMMMMM.

Nothing exciting today..just errands!

Margaret - So glad you are feeling better and were able to get out for a run. Do you get migraines often? I don’t think I remember you mentioning them before. I used to get them YEARS ago but ever since I stopped waiting tables they went away. Interesting Smile GREAT run! You were speedy! Fun fact - I have never seen Wizard of Oz. You were a busy bee Friday! LOL at your birds! Smile

Karen - Aw, I can’t say that I am surprised you caught DH’s nastiness. Sorry that you did, though. I hope you are feeling better soon! Get plenty of rest!

Laura - Hmm..Strava posts my stuff weird sometimes. Nice run!

Kathryn - We died laughing at Rugers photos! Was work busy this weekend?

Susan - My goal for next year is the SAME!! More on the stretching/foam rolling. Trying to be better about that. Nice job on the 5K!!

Sandy - GREAT news on the house closing!! Congrats!! WOHOO on the procedure being over. A wreath elf?! Maybe its a “welcome to the neighborhood” gift?? Thats so cute!

Run4kupcakes - Nice run yesterday! Glad you are starting to feel better. Yes, I was eating a piece of toast with peanut butter. I never drink coffee before my runs but have been trying it before the group run so I can try and use the bathroom before I leave! I think I just need to skip the coffee. I know its not the toast - I eat that all the time before races with no problems.

Carol -YES!!! Exactly!! So much pressure Smile So with all this poop talk you got a poop brown shirt?! LOL. Congrats on the 5K AG win!!! That is great!!

Docket - Are you racing today?!

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Carol, yes,  I'm doing the race.  Looking into lodging.  Will send you a PM.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Hi everybody. I attempted a long run today. I decided to go for time vs distance but added a couple extra minutes to round up the distance. OCD. I could have and probably should have ran outside but DH and I decided to head to a rec centre with an indoor 200m track. I did at least 72 laps (9 miles) in 2:06ish or 14mm. I honestly thought I was moving faster considering a few weeks ago I WALKED 9 miles at 13:35mm. Ummm too bad I'm not fussy about walking and prefer running.  🤔 Also DH walked for the 2 hours but ran a few laps himself. He wanted to see how bad it could affect his vertigo. It didn't make it worse so he is happy. It's been over 4 months since he's run.

Anyway no time for personals but Karen I hope you feel better.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

LC Runs

5.2 TM miles.  I probably should have gone outside but it dropped about 10 degrees from yesterday and I just did not want to deal with the cold.  TM is getting more tolerable lol

Karen - Ugh, the stomach bug is the worst...I am glad you are over the worst of it!

Hi Kat! I hope you got that wine glass re-filled!

Sue - nice job ont he 5K!

Margaret - glad the migraine is gone and nice miles yesterday.  Your birds are so cute!

Sandy - glad that is all behind you!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Damaris - that is cold, I am already over this weather LOL.  I want at least 35 degrees!

LC Runs

Carol - nice job!  Which 5k did you do?  I will probably sign up for the Irish Double again!

Lizzie - nice 7 and glad the meeting went well!

Lori - wow, that is a lot of laps!  Great job!

Carol, nice job on the "oldies" win!  A brown race shirt?  Who thought that was a good idea?!

Lizzie, migraines are not a big deal for me now but I had fairly often when I was younger.  Less often now partly because I figured out what things were triggers (e.g. red wine, dehydration) and partly due to getting older (hormonal changes).  And I have meds that work so I don't get too fussed about them unless it gets in the way of a run, lol.  Exciting about the potential new house!

Kat, are you working on getting 50 states?

Lori, you have a lot of mental fortitude if you can do 72 loops around a dinky track.  But great that both you and DH got out for a run!

LC, nice miles!

HCK, so you got the Strava ego boost feature too?  

Sandy, yay for the "cleanse" being done and the house sale being behind you.  My birds completely freeze and do nothing interesting when we have visitors, except for the one who dances for peanuts.  Like that frog in the cartoons who sang Hello Dolly and danced except when people were watching.

Ran 6 today with strides.  Did some errands and grocery shopping after that, and laundry is whirling away.  Going up to my Dad's house again to help with Christmas decorating.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, I'm only half-heartedly going far 50 states.  I don't expect I will be running long enough to gather all, but it is fun to go new places.

TIRED.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

8 miles today. Now waiting for some frozen stuff to come through overnight. I really would like a delayed opening.

16.4 yesterday. 12 something today in a mashup of trail sister runs/hikes.

Carol-the monkey will be fun! Loops vs p2p... I thought I would despise loops but they can be actually pretty fun. You have an expectation of what is ahead and can enjoy a really good aid station vs questionable middle of nowhere aid stations. Point to point is exciting as you feel you really have gone somewhere.

Lisa

16.4 yesterday. 12 something today in a mashup of trail sister runs/hikes.

Carol-the monkey will be fun! Loops vs p2p... I thought I would despise loops but they can be actually pretty fun. You have an expectation of what is ahead and can enjoy a really good aid station vs questionable middle of nowhere aid stations. Point to point is exciting as you feel you really have gone somewhere.

Carol, forgot to answer your question about loops.  I was happy with the 6 x 16.7 loops at Woodstock.  But I would not do loops much smaller than that.  The good: easy logistics (your car and drop bag are right there); coming into the start/finish can be energizing; good support at the S/F; there will be porta-potties at the S/F; you know what to expect on the course.  The bad: if you don't like the course, knowing what to expect is not a good thing; if you aren't happy with how the race is going, it's easy and tempting to stop; seeing the same loop repeatedly can be boring.