Womens Running

Fridailies (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

I ran 8.8. It was going to be 10, but it started getting hot (okay it was 75ish, but climbing quickly because I got out late). I got a little dizzy and sat down on the side of the road for a few minutes, then decided I should cut it short and headed straight home. All good now, just a combo of altitude, full sun, probably starting a bit fast for 10 miles, not taking any water with me, <insert all other excuses here>.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good choice, Karen. No need to pass out.

Feeling better and allowed to TW until I feel well. Part of me thinks it's stupid to take Monday as TW but I'll see how I feel Sunday. I slept the whole night through!

I will try a short run and/or weights. Something light.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I slept the whole night through!

Hooray!!!

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles this morning with short intervals and strength training after work.

AnonymousGuest, smart movev to cut the run short.

Docket, yay for the sleep! That has to help with how you feel.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It did! It's been 13 fucking days since I slept the night through! Even with what I take for sleeping I've been unable to until last night.

I ended up not exercise, but I did a ton of laundry and house stuff. Feeling energetic again. Still coughing though. Will definitely run tomorrow!

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Did I mention I forgot my bike helmet and therefore bringing my bike was dumb? I don't want to buy a new one here since I just bought a new one here last summer (and then left at home). DH walked over to Ace Hardware this afternoon, and while out texted "what size is your head?" Me - normal size? Then I found a tape measure and gave him a rough idea on size. He found a helmet at the sporting goods resale shop for $10 and if fits perfectly. We're going to just leave it in the closet here (we have one that locks so renters can't get our stuff) so this doesn't happen again. I have a tendency to lose and/or forget my helmet. Anyway, gonna try some mountain biking next week.

10 miles after work.  Ran into a couple of RC friends so I had some company for a few miles.  DH and I are driving up to Oregon tomorrow for a long weekend so I ran today instead.  Visiting a friend of his in Silverton.

Karen, lucky to find a cheap bike helmet!  Good idea to leave it there.  Ick on the hot run, good call cutting it short.

Damaris, it's been at least two effin years since I've slept the whole night through.  I'm envious.

HCK, nice workout.  I've skipped strength work for the past couple of weeks, need to get back on the wagon.

Good nighty, all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR