Womens Running

Wake-up Wednesday (dailies) (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL. Unfortunately, they can't be sold at the price they used to so I am likely to donate them because I'm not going to give new and hardly used skirts for cheap.

I'll keep a couple I really like and then go from there.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Unless it's cold I wear InknBurn skirts.  I have short legs so they fit right on me.  I probably have a dozen now.  I only wear them at races though cause I'd feel silly wearing them anywhere else.  I bought the Jupiter ones cause....you know I'm a Sagittarius and it's my planet.  

WFH today while the A/C guys were here.  We have cold air again!!!! Woohoooo!!!

OMG--one of my neighbors was going to work about the time I would have been driving to meet my running friends (but I decided to sleep today and run tomorrow) and saw this in the road about a block from my house:

Image may contain: outdoor and water

I would have wrecked the car!!! Can you imagine being half asleep and driving past or worse, running past this???

Skirts: I like the INB, Brooks--don't really like the leg elastic in the shorties, I have one from Running Warehouse(?) that I kinda like. Damaris---you have 200+ skirts!!!!! Wowza!!

Lunch time hello!  I'm WFH today, kettlebells yesterday, running with the Meet-up group after work.  We're having a spell of "summer weather" meaning foggy and chilly, our norm for the summer months on the coast.

Lisa, yay for an espresso machine!  And a good birthday!  And popping the blister!

Lizzie, Turtles -- 5ks are hard!  It takes me 5 miles just to warm up.  And people run them so darn fast...    But it would be fun to try something different.

Sandy, wait, what?  Snow flurries?!  Does not compute.

Hi DHuff, nice to see you posting here again.

Damaris, ugh on the lack of sleep.  Is your body in shock from no running?

Karen, excited to see what your backyard looks like when the project is finished.  What would be the nearest trail races to you?  You know, for when I invite myself over and then retire and never leave.

Kat, that work situation sounds awful, it would stress me out to feel like people and their pets weren't getting the service they need.

Carol, good luck finding a skirt that you like!  The shorts under the RYP skirts that I like aren't really compression, more like lyrca bicycle shorts, but I prefer it what way, I like them lighter.  For anyone interested, RYP makes longer "touring" skirts too (I wear the shorter "racing" skirts).  If anyone wants an RYP discount code, message me.  A friend gave me her brand ambassador code (she said I could pass it along to friends but I still feel like I shouldn't post it since it's her code).

Lori, belated congrats on a strong 24 hour race.  Sounds like you learned a lot and can put the experience to good use for your next ultra.

MTA: cross posted with CrazySue... wowza on the beast crossing the road!

Okay, gotta get back to work so I can leave in time for the run later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - OMG....that thing looks huge!!!  Is it unusual to see that in your area???

Carol

Anonymous Guest

I spent the afternoon researching appraised values of houses in my neighborhood, recent sale prices, etc. Then I filed a protest to get my appraised value lowered (they are trying to raise it almost $30k, and since we have no state income tax, our property taxes are pretty high, so that makes a big difference). That was actually kind of fun and I hope it works.

Karen, excited to see what your backyard looks like when the project is finished.  What would be the nearest trail races to you?  You know, for when I invite myself over and then retire and never leave.

Rocky Raccoon. It's about an hour from my house. Come on over.

Susan, yikes, that would scare the crap out of me!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woah, that's a huge increase, Karen!

Damaris

LC Runs

Hey Everyone!!

3.4 this morning, very crisp out there, ideal Lizzie weather LOL!

I don't have too many skirts, 4 total I think.  I like the Skirt Sports but have a couple from Kohls.

Lisa - Wow, you have a great guy!!  Maybe I need to switch to expresso since I drink a lot of coffee in the morning but am always tired!

Lizzie - you would have loved it here this morning, sunny and about 36 degrees.  I actually found it refreshing until my hands got cold about half way through! Fun travel day for you!

Sandy - ugh ugh ugh on snow!  We are supposed to get rain tonight through tomorrow but at least it won't be freezing!

Diane - that TM sounds cool!

Cathy - you'll do great this weekend!  I still laugh everytime I read "Fartlek"  !!

Damaris - 200 skirts WOW Girl!!

Karen - bleh on the doctor appointments, I need to get myself in there for some of these things.  Nice 6!

Kat - that sounds so frustrating about work, I don't blame you for being ticked off.  Hope they get their crap figured out soon!

Carol - nice 8!  My BRF will be running the 10K there this weekend!

Hi Lori!!

LC Runs

Susan - OMG, I would have cr@pped myself if I ran past that thing!  I guess that's one way to get in some speed work LOL!!

Gatsby - sounds like a busy and productive day!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I've always been weird in that running makes me gain weight.  I don't eat more but I used to be super thin before I started running a lot.  So, so far, I've lost almost 2lbs in 4 days.  Wondering how many pounds I'll get off before I start running...

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 miles with 4 x 6 minutes of tempo. We had a luncheon at work, so I had lots of cookies and crap for lunch. Wound up being a decent run.

CrazySue, oh wow, I think I'd sprint home if I saw that.

MyMomRuns, ohhhh, espresso. Great gift.

Docket, do you have a ton of storage space in your house? 200 skirts?!

I've always been weird in that running makes me gain weight.  I don't eat more but I used to be super thin before I started running a lot.  So, so far, I've lost almost 2lbs in 4 days.  Wondering how many pounds I'll get off before I start running...

Wonder if you are prone to high cortisol levels, with all your work stress and working out a lot. Eliminating running might be reducing cortisol, which could explain weight loss.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wonder if you are prone to high cortisol levels, with all your work stress and working out a lot. Eliminating running might be reducing cortisol, which could explain weight loss.

Probably.  I have never lost weight with running and on the contrary, always gained.  No idea how to solve that because I'm not going to stop running, so...

Damaris