Womens Running

Wintry Weekend (Read 12 times)

Anonymous Guest

At least it's sunny today, and temps should get above freezing for the afternoon. I'm procrastinating a few more hours until it's close to or above freezing to run. Tomorrow I'm meeting some people for a 5-mile trail run in the afternoon. I was going to go last year (they do it every year on Christmas), but ended up spending the afternoon in the ER after DH broke his wrist mountain biking.

We should be in the 70s by the end of next week, so the winter weather is short lived for us!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Karen, I had to re-read, thought DH did it AGAIN!  Phew.  It doesn't feel as cold when the sun is out LATER in the day.  Now, not so much.

Just returned from the grocery store, again...  Went yesterday and got a turkey, but forgot butter, can't have turkey without being it bathed in butter...  I have plans tonight/tomorrow, but love turkey leftovers, my favorite.  So I bought my own anyways.  No turkey tomorrow - smoked brisket and a salmon.

Met up with the girls, and later their hubs, for drinks and had a grand time.

Besides Tommy the Turkey today, and a late Christmas eve dinner, it will be a Hallmark kinda day.

Happy Holidays to all.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Finally slept yay! I have 5 or 7 on the TM later.

Karen, enjoy the above-freezing run.

Kat, you cannot have turkey without butter, I agree!

Damaris

I hear it's been a wee bit chilly elsewhere in the country?  60* here today.  Went for a nice walk with DH.  Have been pretty immobile for the past few days with this bronchitis.  Still coughing and hacking up lung gunk so I'm avoiding running for now.  Covid tests continue to be negative.  Rather than share this "gift" with my dad and extended family, we will be celebrating Christmas at home by ourselves for the first time ever.

Karen, Christmas trail run sounds fun!  Hopefully no drama this year to derail the plan.

Kat, Tom turkey bathed in butter sounds delish.  And it sounds like you have some lovely holiday plans.

Damaris, yay for sleep.  Hope the TM run went well.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and yours.  Happy Holidays as well. 

GatsbyBird, I'm sorry about the bronchitis. Hopefully you won't end up with Covid as well.

Doing cardio 30 minute workouts every morning, then run again on Monday.

The circuit breaker box will be replaced in several apartments (planned) on Tuesday, I think. The weather was so awful on Friday that the electrician could not get here. I don't blame him. The zero and below temperatures (not to mention the wind chills) were causing streets to be difficult to clear and the winds were a sustained 26 mph. Scary. It's snowing again right now. We may get up in the 'teens Christmas night.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!!

I hope you all have a lovely day with friends and family.

Yesterday was turkey day, with butter.  Though I didn't actually try Tommy, just the stuffing as I had a lovely dinner with my friends Mom.  She made a wonderful prime rib, really tasty.  Today is the misfits day!  Brisket and ham, no salmon.  I'm bringing the ever traditional guacamole.  I think there are 5 or so of us invited, so thoughtful.

Back to work, so much for my fantasy life...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Merry Christmas all!

I hope you're feeling better, Margaret.

Heading out shortly for a Christmas trail run. It's sunny and 50 so should be quite pleasant.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Merry Christmas!

I have 5 later on the TM since we are still in the negative windchills although I think we will hit 0F today.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Merry Christmas.  Heat wave today. All the way up to 27. Yesterday was brutal, so naturally I ran 7 outside in feels like -2 or so. Today was 30 minutes on the treadmill before going to my parents house.