Womens Running

Yay Me Wednesdailies! (Read 12 times)

I actually ran today!!  Walked the dogs, then went for a 3.6 mile run in the hood.  I did take a couple of walk breaks, but I consider it a win. And my hip flexors are really sore. It's like starting all over.

Hopefully today work won't be so awful. I felt like I pissed off my supervisor as soon as she looked at me online. 

Happy Wednesday!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Yay Sue! I'm glad you're feeling better.

I ran 5 in the rain today. I love summer rainy runs

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Yay CrazySue!  Hope your supervisor directs her attention elsewhere today.

Lori, nice rainy run!

I did 5 miles yesterday.  Hill repeats after work today.  Big meeting regarding the re-org at work this morning.  Last few meetings have been a waste of time.  Now, supposedly, we're getting more details about our new "division", like new supervisors, new assignment processes, blah blah.  I have a feeling like it'll be a lot like the old office, just more work.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

ccoakley

Sue, awesome you got out for a run!

Lori, yay on the rainy run!

I had been doing pretty well with my 45 min run/walks but ever since Sunday I've just lost all my energy.  The alarm goes off at 6 and I cannot get out of bed.  I might try drastic measures and go to bed at like 8pm for a couple nights and see if that helps.  But at least my desire to run is back so small progress.

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

ccoakley

Gatsby, hope you come out OK with the new setup.  Did you get your 1st choice?

5k 24:53 (2020) |10k 52:24 (2021) |HM 1:57:14 (2019) |FM 4:24 (2007) |50k 5:57 (2022)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Cc.... Any chance you're pregnant? That could account for the fatigue.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

ccoakley

Lori, I highly doubt it as I just had my period.  My guess is it's still lingering covid effects.  I really wore myself down Sat and I think it just takes me longer to bounce back.  Getting older probably isn't helping.

Gatsby, hope you come out OK with the new setup.  Did you get your 1st choice?

I did get my first choice, which is basically the job I was doing before. I guess it’s my own fault for choosing to stay here.  But I still think it’s better than the other options. 

Post Covid, my neighbor experienced a lot of lingering fatigue, similar to what you’re describing. But he’s now on a 2-month trek through the Australian Outback, so apparently it gets better, just takes time.

Hey, forgot to ask, enjoying the non-working life?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

8 miles in the heat this morning. I felt miserable at the end. I came home, ate breakfast and had a cup of coffee, then jumped on the TM for the 4 miles I didn't do (I was supposed to run 12). Not as good as 12 straight, but better than not doing 12 at all. The TM was less miserable than the other day, maybe because I was very aware of just how miserable I'd have been outside. Plus I turned the a/c down to 74 which also helped.

Yay Susan!!!!! Glad you're finally feeling better.

Lori, I would LOVE a rainy run right now. No rain in the forecast here though. In fact, I have to save my paddle boarding for CO - DH tried to go fishing yesterday and said the lake was so low he had to walk out really far in the muck just to get to the water. I don't wanna do that.

Margaret, sounds......boring. I hope everything works out well.

cc, I'm glad you're getting your running mojo back! Give yourself a little grace and extra time - covid and job stress and no-more-job stress and who knows what else have probably taken a toll.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! Forgot to check in this morning. I have an RD but my plan is to do some kickboxing.

OK, BBL for shoutouts. Meeting, sigh.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Running rest day. Did upper body & core. More rain here. DH and I went to the mall for new bath mats and the down pour started as we pulled onto our street. We sat in the car for a while before we ran into the house.

CrazySue, yay for the run!

BerthaSlayer, our rainhas not been gentle at all, so not the type you can run in. This is barely able to see across the street type storms.

GatsbyBird, you're almost 100% remote? So at least if it is a really boring meeting you can sort of do something else as opposed to be in a meeting room.

ccoakley, I'd suspect it could still be the covid. Or the heat.

AnonymousGuest, nicce job getting the 12 in.

Docket, enjoy the rest or kick boing.