Womens Running

Tuesdailies (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Post em!

My followup appointment is today so it's probably a rest day. I anticipated it running late as usual so I did my miles yesterday. I'm working this afternoon if the shift isn't canceled. Dayshift was cancelled due to lack of parts so I'm hoping to get a robocall as well.  My fingers,  toes and boobs are all crossed. Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 on the treadmill.  My treadmill is ancient and is not calibrated. The indoor setting on my Garmin is highly dependent on recent outdoor runs. If I did a race or speedwork, treadmill runs are "faster". Easy pace, treadmill runs trend slower.

BerthaSlayer, hope you get the afternoon off.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My tm isn't calibrated properly either. It's ancient and loud. Oh so loud.  But it gets the job done. If the mileage isn't accurate on it,  so be it.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

My tm isn't calibrated properly either. It's ancient and loud. Oh so loud.  But it gets the job done. If the mileage isn't accurate on it,  so be it.

It's treadmill or 20 degrees and dark. Since I  do laundry,  I'd much rather wash shorts and a tank! I tend to do everything by time on the mill, so I figure it's good enough.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! WFH and waiting for the garage door people to check the third garage door which tends to not want to close no matter how I press the button. We will need that third garage for this weekend's storm so that we can put both cars in and have space for the other crap we keep there (snowblowers, rakes, cat food, trash and recycling bins, etc).

I will run 10 assuming my back is fine. It feels fine (it was sore and hurting most of the weekend). Might need to be on the TM as the garage people gave me a 4 hour window to wait.

Lori, may you get the call.

HCK, nice run. Most newer TMs (like Nordictrack) can't be calibrated anymore but they are, IMO, more accurate than the Garmin. For some reason, they are coming out better than the ones before, like my Sole that needed calibration even when moving 1" in location. And lately, I've been feeling the same. If I have a short run even on a good weather day, it takes longer to get dressed for outside than just hop on the TM in a bra and shorts.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My ticker is still ticking, no significant deterioration,  and much to hubby's horror the doc said I can keep running. Not that I'd have stopped. But I no longer bring hubby to these appointments. Lol.

Lori

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My ticker is still ticking, no significant deterioration,  and much to hubby's horror the doc said I can keep running. Not that I'd have stopped. But I no longer bring hubby to these appointments. Lol.

Yay, great news!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket,  I just don't feel like dealing with the dark.  There is barely an hour of daylight either before or after work (when I wfh), so it's just easier to use the treadmill than have 45 minutes tops. We don't really have room for a newer & bigger treadmill,  which sucks.

BerthaSlayer, good news!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket,  I just don't feel like dealing with the dark.  There is barely an hour of daylight either before or after work (when I wfh), so it's just easier to use the treadmill than have 45 minutes tops. We don't really have room for a newer & bigger treadmill,  which sucks.

BerthaSlayer, good news!

I used to run in the dark after work before Covid. Now I just don't want to. So weird.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I used to run in the dark after work before Covid. Now I just don't want to. So weird.

Ever since I took a hard fall from not seeing a dip in the pavement in the dark, I haven't.  I will start when it's just getting light in the morning if it's not freezing,  but then it's only a few minutes of no visibility.

Anonymous Guest

I made it home - hooray. This afternoon will be spent doing laundry.

I have two very clingy dogs.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Woohoo, Karen!

I ran 10, felt meh the whole time but it's done.

Hubby came in with a fever and a stomach virus. 

Damaris

Started feeling under the weather last night and woke up with a fever, coughing, and chest congestion. Covid test was negative but it’s probably too early to trust it. Ugh. Just in time for Christmas. All I want to do right now is curl up in bed.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Started feeling under the weather last night and woke up with a fever, coughing, and chest congestion. Covid test was negative but it’s probably too early to trust it. Ugh. Just in time for Christmas. All I want to do right now is curl up in bed.

Oh, no. Feel better!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, hope DH feels better and keeps his germs to himse6.

GatsbyBird,  hope you feel better. Did the earthquake impact your area?