Womens Running

Where ya at Wednesday? (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

Me? I'm going camping.

If my mileage game team didn't win last week, I was going to go out for a longer run today in hopes of making it to my goal with little to no running Thursday through Saturday. I suggested we push last week to take it in two so we could all rest this week. They listened, we did great, and now that the results are out, we are all taking it easy. I am relieved as my mojo is tired and I need a break. I'll take my trail shoes but may not run again until Sunday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Me?  I'm actually off but getting a tattoo.

I HAVE A FRIDGE!!!  Well, my smallish garage fridge was delivered this morning.  Highlight of my day.  I can get milk!!!  And stuff for breakfast/lunch.  I threw away $$$$ of shit.  At least the house fridge doesn't seem to smell rotten.  Maybe hit Costco later to get a few things.  Like baking soda to keep absorbing odors until it's fixed - possibly next Wed if the parts come in.

Running, HELL NO.  Running shoes make me shudder with the blisters I have.  Luckily only some recovery walks which are going to be in Birkenstocks.  During the race I was thinking of bailing on Rocky 100K in Feb, but of course after finishing, even with the horrible feet, I am all aboard on doing it.

Happy Wednesday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Me?  Sitting at my home office desk, looking at the hummingbird eating at my feeder. 

Karen, that’s why I’ll never do that mileage game.  I don’t like feeling compelled to run for any reason besides my own selfish goals. 

Kat, annoying about the fridge going kaput.  But wasn’t it worth it?   Yay for keeping Rocky on the schedule. 

I did 4 easy miles yesterday. Have 6 easy on the schedule for today.  Still have a sharp pain in my back which is annoying. Not sure if it’s the ribs or muscle strain.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon. 5 with strides after work.

Karen, mine did too but not like I contributed or anything, still being on IR.

Kat, congrats!

Margaret, nice run.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My mileage team has been in front all year. We've a very consistent strong team. Too consistent because our competition set their sites on us and has likely beaten us. We have a small chance of coming back but it's doubtful.  So I took a rest day too. I had to get my ekg and ultrasound done so I used that as an excuse.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My mileage team has been in front all year. We've a very consistent strong team. Too consistent because our competition set their sites on us and has likely beaten us. We have a small chance of coming back but it's doubtful.  So I took a rest day too. I had to get my ekg and ultrasound done so I used that as an excuse.

We were in front for one week, though, so not all year. 

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

3 on the treadmill before work and a short total body strength workout after work. Had to find some lifting gloved to protect my hands, the one still looks gross. As I expected my ferritin is low. Last year when running was really bad, it was 21. This time, it was 13. I actually haven;t felt as awful as last year (aside from the 5k).

My mileage team was at the bottom for most of the first half of the year. Since June or so, we have been down to 5 members. All are really consistent, but it was a huge hole to start. A number of MIA folks who ran just enough to stay in the game and not be eligible for IR. Technically, we are not mathematically out, but it's even less likely than BerthaSlayer's team.

AnonymousGuest, enjoy camping.

KatS, yay for a working fridge. Was it warm while you were away? We've hadd neighbors come back from summer vacations after power outages and that isn't pleasant.

GatsbyBird, that back pain from coughing is the worst. I had to get a chest x-ray about 2 weeks after the first one for pnuemonia because my back was so sore from coughing and I pulled something when leaning into my elbow to cough.

Docket, enjoy your run after work.