Womens Running

Tuesdailies (Read 11 times)

Good spin class this morning.

We got rain yesterday!!!!  Woohooo!!! 2.8"!! You know you are old when you get excited about rain.

Lori, sorry about DH's uncle.

Kat--sheesh on the friend drama. Good thing you had another option to the airport.

Later y'all!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

52F this morning, so I ran 3 before work. Pilates later.

Kat, some people bring the crazy out of them sometimes. No need for drama, get her out of your life.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Rest day here.

Susan, super jealous of that rain. My TX house had a cold front come through the other day - dropped the daytime highs out of the 100s for a couple days and we got 0.25" rain. First rain since June and first measurable rain since April I think they said. No more in the forecast - I hope the el nino predictions of a wet winter come true for us!

Damaris, nice job on the pre-work run.

Kathryn, how annoying that someone's attitude could have such a negative effect on your trip. Hope you made it home okay!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good morning!  Made it home last night around 7pm.  All in all, feeling pretty good, except for some rather bad extensor tendonitis in my left foot.  It developed over night while I was running, making it very painful to flex/extend the foot for the last 20 miles.  I hobbled it in anyway because the longer the race, the stupider the runner, lol.  Still hobbling now, but will give it a few more days before seeing someone about it.  Need to give some thought to why it happened.  Wore Hoka Speedgoats, but that's not a new shoe for me.  Terrain was rocky, but I've run rocky stuff before.  Will research it a bit.

Still processing my thoughts about the race overall.  MTA: wrote up a RR over in the Trailer Trash group: https://www.runningahead.com/groups/Trailer_Trash/forum/5da175dddfa9458e859fd8419d0ea758/resume#focus

With pics! Photo credit to Kat for the one of me at the aid station and my DH for the one of me trudging down the road to the finish (he walked out a couple of miles to meet me).

Most importantly:

Kat, sorry for the negative experience with your runner.  She is not your friend!   I'm glad that you came.

CrazySue, I definitely get excited about rain. Counting down the days until October when the rainy season is supposed to begin.

Damaris, hooray for decent running weather.

Karen, enjoy the rest day.  I'm with ya.  For a while...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with intervals befre work, core & stretch DVD afterr. Just finished take 3 with grape jam. Last 2 times didn't set. i think this time did. I hope. Still lots more grapes to pick. need to figure out what to do with them.

KatS, sorry you had to deal with the drama on your trip.

CrazySue, I'm hoping we get some rain. It's getting rerally dry again.

Docket, jealous of your weather.

AnonymousGuest, well, I guess that makes it sound like we're drenched here. It's just below average and some areas are in a drought.

GatbsyBird. congrats on the race. Sounds like a mentally challeniging course.