Womens Running

Twitchy Tuesday (Dailies) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thank you! Smile Smile

Yes, I have!  They are now owned by Zappos.  Totally legit.  

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Docket – Mosquitoes in the house?! Oh hell no.

We are near the equator.  That's...normal. 

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I am beat. No running today, but I'm planning on it tomorrow morning before I meet the realtor to look at condos and houses. Long day of travel. DH had to go into his office for meeting all day today, and I am happy to report that the dogs did fine home alone all day. No evidence of anything eaten or destroyed. At least that he had found.

Walking - when it's that hot and humid, straight running, even slow, is impossible for me. HR goes up just sitting outside, imagine what happens when I move. Since I know that I need to slow down and walk some for my ultra, and that there's no way I'll get more than 6-8 miles in without walking, I just start adding in walk breaks from the start, before I need a break. Slow with walk breaks beats sitting on the curb on the side of the road because I can't get home without a break.

The only time 10 miles at marathon pace feels easy is the first ten miles of a marathon.

I think a lot of newer marathon runners do their long runs at marathon pace. They don't run a lot during the week so they're able to go farther without slowing down as much. But since they're not running a lot during the week, they're not building the endurance they need and tend to flame out and slow way down at the end of the race. So many people in my old running club would do their long runs so much faster than me, but their race times would always be slower.

Lori, I would be so pissed at your neighbor. I'm sorry your husband doesn't like your running. I would to say mine is supportive exactly, but he knows better than to complain about it. He complains when I travel for races sometimes, but I just ignore that.

HCK, I forgot to say congrats on first AG in the 5K over the weekend.

Hi to all. I ate lunch really late, so am probably just going to snack instead of going out to get dinner. Too tired. I want to get to bed early so I can get a decent run in. IT'S GOING TO BE 50 DEGREES IN THE MORNING HERE.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

3.5 miles that made me feel guilty. Sorry. Then yoga after work.

Carol-I had never even heard of Ultra Bird and that is in Michigan in November but I think Dead Horse trumps it. Lots of them are within driving distance for me at least. I hope you come and join us at some of these!

Lizzie-you're probably best off focusing on the quality of the training and the race then so that you can be happy with your outcome. That's good to know about yourself. Not to add too many marathons close together so that you aren't able to perform at the level that makes you feel good. I love that there is no right or wrong way to do this running thing and that there are so many different options out there to fit what brings people joy. Life is way too short to spend time doing stuff that makes us unhappy... such as non-animal races in 2020. 

Damaris-we get them in the house here too but not too often. Since doors tend to be kept pretty shut and screens on windows.. maybe not as much in Miami? I don't remember.

Diane-PMed you my email. Thanks! Ditto on no shame in walking. If anything it's harder because you are out there longer so more pounding and you have all the monkey's in your head whispering dumb things.

Sandy-no expert here but I might suggest that those on the marathon training group runs aren't actually running their marathon pace if they end up going slower in the actual marathon... that would be their actual marathon pace. The other would be their "this is too fast to maintain for an entire" marathon pace. Or it's their "I wish this was my" marathon pace.  I mainly speak from experience of having done the same thing.  I did pace at the end of Superior 100 a few miles. Moose would be tough but it's the only distance I wouldn't have to worry about cutoffs. The 50 there is crazy tight.

Kat-the deer flies sort of look like little stealth bombers. Their wings and body are the exact shape and they are sort of gray/blue. Could be called the same things. I usually think of horse flies as looking like really big black house flies. They suck as well. I was passed by Galloway at Missoula also. I guess just explain what happened and the actual words used. Apologies usually help.

Cathy-I am so bad with training plan stuff... I read "For some reason 10 miles at marathon pace always feels super hard in training.    The plan has me yadda yadda yadda  (run faster blah blah blah), then marathon pace.  So I think yadda yadda yadda my legs are tired!  blah blah blah endurance based phase, blah blah blah.  I love that one.     yadda yadda yadda long run with blah blah blah.  I am looking forward to that one... Yadda yadda yadda my goal pace for the marathon, blah blah blah 4 hours. (SAY WHAT?)  I think a BQ yadda yadda yadda.  I'm not sure I want to go there.  (there? where are you going? do they have a race with an animal in its name?) And I honestly mean no disrespect or to make fun of anyone other than myself. I am a TERRIBLE listener and apparently reader of actual marathon training stuff.

Lori-talk about it with him rather so that he knows how it makes you feel and you know what he is really thinking. I can attest that a rift over running can be very bad. Hopefully you two can talk about it to understand at least where the other is coming from and figure out a way to both be happy somewhere in the middle. then again I am divorced twice so should not be giving any sort of marital advice... or maybe I should I don't know. But I do like to see people happy and talking things through usually gets them there.

Karen-you are wise... even slow forward motion is far better than sitting on the curb. Ugh on your weather!

Happy Wednesday ladies... by the time some read it will be wednesday so I'm thinking ahead.... hey! I guess I am a planner! 

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We barely have doors but the amount of mosquitoes outside in this swamp is larger so when you open the door and maybe leave it open for 10 seconds to take the trash out, several come in.  We live in what used to be part of the Everglades, rather than near the coast where it's not that much of a problem.

And let's talk about the dozens of ants inside the house.  Mostly because it's hot AF outside and they come in the summer to feel a bit cooler.  We are constantly putting salt around the corners to keep them out but we can't use much else because of the cats.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I came back from my run & was talking to DH on the deck for maybe 5 minutes. I now have giant mosquito bites. 5 miles with some short intervals.