Womens Running

Cold Front Friday! (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We keep our a/c at 76, but our heat at 68. I'd turn on the heat but keep it low, like low to mid 60s. You'll sleep great and can always turn it up some if you need to once you get up.

OK, maybe not 70 then.  65 just scares me, ha.

So, yesterday Duke Energy sent me an email with a forecast amount of this month's bill.  $90.  WTF.  I just paid $150 in Miami and that townhouse is 1/3 of the size as this one.  Lordy, I love this house.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cathy, my husband will never keep the heat low.  He likes to roast. I'm fucked.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – AWESOME on the good nights sleep! You’ll have a great run later after pasta. GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! You are going to do so great!

Susan – SO EXCITED for a three day weekend! 15? She needs a hobby.

Carol – Which podcast was that about the running and injuries? I should probably listen to that. Good luck with the LR! I am no good at golf either. I always found the alcohol cart.

Diane – BRRR that is cold!

Karen – I completely understand the excitement over cooler weather. I was having my coffee outside this morning enjoying it. Anxious to hear how the doctors appointment goes! OMG you are right – it is my last weekend single! Didn’t think of it that way. I saw the new season of Goliath was out!!!! That is next on our list after we catch up on Shameless. Possibly thinking about the half for Myrtle. I need a break. Maybe the Hawaii one will be enough. We will see.

Cathy – Enjoy that much needed massage 😊. I have a feeling you may venture out for a run. You will need your Winter gear! I have to see if I can find my running pants.  Hmm, didn’t think about my heart rate being lower. You are probably right! A mid-week long run on the treadmill? Phew. But I get why you would need to do that! What is your usual peak mileage in training?

Sandy - Saw your sisters snowy post!!! WOW!!!

Have a good afternoon/evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

It was 75 when I went out with the dogs first thing this morning. Storms and cold front came through. I ran 2 miles in 67 degrees. I went to the doctor and when I came back out it was 58! Then I was the quintessential southern girl during the first cold front - I went to Kohl's and ended up buying some plaid flannel pajamas, a pair of sweatpants and a sweater. Because it was 58 degrees out! I did stop myself from buying any of the Christmas stuff.

Run went okay, foot started to hurt a little before a mile, then I ran a second mile and it didn't get any worse and at times felt better. It wasn't really painful, just I could feel it. My doctor worked on the foot and ankle for awhile and it didn't seem like he was able to find as many ways to inflict excruciating pain, which means it wasn't as bad as it was on Tuesday. He said it was quite a bit better, run cautiously and don't try to build up too fast, and I'm going back next Tuesday.

Cathy, I will consider that deal. There are so many good marathons in the fall, it's a shame not to run one of them. While I run all summer, it is so hard to do quality workouts here. I guess i could use the TM some. And I'll be in Colorado some. The half in Myrtle Beach is fun, and would come at a pretty good time to help you figure out MP for an April 11 marathon. I ran the half back in 2009 I think. They have (or did at the time) a bike ride the day after and DH and a friend of his did that.

Liz, no shame in a March half. I almost feel like unless I "need" the state, the half is a better option when traveling. Doesn't knock you out as much for doing/seeing other things and for travel back home. Then again, the full is flat and fast. Plenty of time to decide.

Before Goliath 3, we watched all 8 seasons of Dexter on Netflix. DH had binge watched it a few years ago when he was off work over Christmas. I missed a ton of episodes then because he kept watching while I was at work every day. He had forgotten a bunch of it, and a bunch of it was new to me. That was a really good show.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Holy weirdness, it is 52 out!!!  And WINDY!  Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It's so windy a portion of my fence is halfway down between my house and my neighbors.  I guess I can't put off fixing it any longer.  The back portion has been kinda wonky and my gate is kaput.  I am hoping it can stay up over the weekend until a estimate can be done.  I have my tumbler "partner" coming over shortly, I will get him to help me move the outdoor couch frame over to see if that might help.  UGH UGH UGH.

Nothing else.

Seriously.

TGIF!!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My run was 49-44 and pouring rain.  Ran in a short sleeve until the wind got worse and then I switched to a jacket at Mile 3.  I loved it.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Still in California. I was supposed to go to Spokane this morning. Woke up at 3:30, thinking I might get a short run in and then head to the park & ride Flyaway bus to the airport. I had plenty of time before an 8:20 flight. Nope -- fire started last night. Every route out of the Santa Clarita Valley was closed. I tried Little Tujunga Canyon (narrow, twisty turny, one lane each way, hairpin bends, blind corners) and could not believe how many idiots thought that they could take an 18 wheeler up that canyon. Struggled a few miles and then we stopped. And did not start again. After a few stationary minutes with nothing coming the other way I figured there was an accident or something, turned around, tried for the train because I figured I could take the train to Union Station then the flyaway bus from there to the airport. No train service due to fire. Gave up, went home, rebooked the flight for Saturday morning (please God the freeway is open) and contacted DD to let her know she didn't need to come to the airport today.

Would love a cold front. All we get is Santa Ana winds.

Karen, congratulations on the closing!

Damaris, hope the floors have dried out.

Lisa, sensible not to go volunteer midnight-dawn if you still have a cold.

Susan, your boss is a piece of work. ANd that is not a compliment.

Cathy, congratulations to DD!

Carol, hope the LR went well.

Tired and heading for bed soon, I have an early (6 AM) flight out tomorrow. Leaving DS in charge of the cats. Or the cats in charge of DS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I actually have to leave the fans on while in Chicago to dry the last portion. The insurance guy came in today and it sounds like they have to change the whole 4100sqft of floors, sigh.  Oh, well.  There are boards up and removed; it looks like our townhome in Miami, ha

Tessa, stay safe!

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Hi Damaris, ouch on the floors replacement.

Safe (so far) at LAX. Very early because the various websites offered conflicting information about whether the freeways were open or not, so I left early in case I had to do a long (60 miles approximately)detour. I did not. So here 3 hours early. Oh well. My pick of seats, outlets, and secure that as long as the plane shows up, I'm on my way.