Womens Running

Wowza Wednesdailies (Read 12 times)

I took Scamp for a run this morning.  He pooped and I didn't have a bag,so we had to run home and then back to that house for a courtesy pickup.  5.37 miles! Wowza!  I haven't run that far in a while.  Just can't kick the running funk. Not sure if I am done altogether, but I still don't want to stop.  Decisions decisions.

Staying busy--work is the usual trainwreck. The golden child on our team made a really big mistake in calculating samples for the year's worth of training classes.  I came up with a plan, and I will be the one to make more samples. She is afraid to tell our boss....I'm not going to throw her under the bus, bc mistakes happen. But after watching what happened to other teammates who made mistakes I understand why she doesn't want to come clean.

We are getting a new fence this week. The old fence was taken down Monday.  The pups miss their yard, and walking them continually is getting old. I sure hope the new fence is up by Friday. Saturday we are keeping the grands, and I don't want to have to juggle them and the pups.

I'll try to catch up.

Later!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Either 5 with strides or an RD, depending on what time I get home from the large bankruptcy court hearings.

Sue, wowza indeed.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, no fence is frustrating.  I had four beasties when the side fence was replaced.  UGH.  I haven't been out for a run since my race.

Damaris, good luck with the hearings!

As I mentioned, no walking since the race, though we cruised Austin on foot.  It was nice to see my friend and her BF and 15yr old daughter who was a pleasure to be around.

Quiet week, off again today.  Cleaning and fridge repair.  Work 10th-15th, then DINO VALLEY with the ladies!! Woot woot.

Not a lot really, been taking it easy.

Happy Wowza day.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

4 miles this morning followed by a weight workout.

Sue - nice run! My running mojo has been elevated for the past few months...just in time for ice/snow/cold LOL.  I feel for your co-worker, I imagine the boss won't be very nice about a mistake!

Damaris-  have a good run later!

Kat - glad you have fun visiting with your friend!!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My mileage team got taken out and since I'm tired I'm not going to run today. Hubs had a seizure and would probably prefer me to stay home anyway. Tomorrow I will get back at it.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad I decided on the RD today because I'm so sore from lifting yesterday. There are plans that I can thrive on and then there are those that should only be done if you are 20 years old. That is all.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

CrazySue, DC would certainly understand about fences. He is awaiting the install of a line of fence to enclose the back yard (already ones on each side). It is hoped that the fence will keep out the deer. They mosey down the river edge, then ramble up into the yards and feast on various plants in each yard. Since the river edge is down a short but steep hill, we think they will not have room amid the trees to jump the fence into the yard. We shall see.   Up till now he has had to spray everything.

LC runs, great to hear the mojo is back. Maybe global warming will add a little less cold this winter.

Damaris, do you get sore at all from doing weights?

Kats, a fence is a real necessity for pets.

Lori, I would bet your hubs is really grateful for your being there.

Yearly checkup with the PCP. I've gotten another half inch shorter so he ordered a DEXA scan. It's been ages since the first one and it already showed osteoporosis and osteopoenia. The running has been going well so far. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. Had to go into work today for a meeting with state Medicad reviewers. Fun times.

CrazySue, hope the fence goes up soon. Since we have no dogs, we took ours down after a car took down a section.

judyruns, deer can jump pretty well from a stand still. We've watched the progression of the fencing people across the power lines took with the chciken wire fencing around their garden. They started with 3 foot and even the babies could clear it from a stand still. Now it;s 8 feet tall and no deer get in.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

HCK2.0, also, I heard that the adult deer are more particular about the flowers they eat but that the babies eat anything.   I know the fences down where he is can only be 4 feet. Wow about the deer jumping from still position, but yes, they are huge animals. Then there is always the possibility of them coming up the driveway from the front yard. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK2.0, also, I heard that the adult deer are more particular about the flowers they eat but that the babies eat anything.   I know the fences down where he is can only be 4 feet. Wow about the deer jumping from still position, but yes, they are huge animals. Then there is always the possibility of them coming up the driveway from the front yard. 

I've always assumed the deer in my neighborhood are so picky about what they eat since they have so many choicces.