Womens Running

Tough it out Tuesday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket - Saw they had a party for you!! Shit is getting REAL!!! Smile Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

Well crap, the storms were upgraded to a tropical depression this morning and is now Tropical Storm Imelda. One of my neighbors posted a forecast that shows the predicted path of the eye of the storm and the comment "the line goes right over our house!" Of course DH commented on it with "whew, at least we're out of the way then." Because it's going over the Murray house, not ours. Glad I bought groceries, including a couple chew toys for the dogs. The little one is going to have lots of extra energy if he doesn't get to go out and play ball 8-10 times a day.

Sandy, looking at houses can be overwhelming. I remember when I was looking in CO and I liked almost every single one. Making a decision was hard! And then making another decision, and then another, but I digress. Hopefully your realtor got some good takeaways as to what you want and what you like. It probably seemed even more overwhelming on a lack of sleep and the emotional hit with the life insurance. Don't worry about it, take your time and the right house will be there for you.

Lori, awesome on signing up for the 50K! You know we're going to need more details, like when and where. Never mind, I see you've come back and given us that info.

Cathy, great job for DD at her meet! Pushing hard in that weather is tough. Heck, running easy in that weather is tough. Um yeah, those girls need to get themselves healthy and keep those germs away.

Kathryn, I can't speak for everyone, but I am not at all annoyed by the tumbler posts. I think they are awesome and love seeing what you are able to do with them. It's really cool that you found something crafty that you are good at. Not a lot of people (myself included) can say that.

Elina, floor ball is the focus right now. Get out there and play your heart out.

Carol, I did do the New Jersey Marathon. So did Lisa. I think it was 2013 that we did it? It's a nice race and I thought it was well done. I think it's my second fastest one, it's super flat. Got a bit of headwind at the end (running along the water), but nothing too awful. I haven't done any of the Mainly Marathon races but I know lots of people that have. I've heard generally they are organized well, but the courses leave a lot to be desired. Often multiple loops in a park kind of thing. Since my reason for doing the 50 states is to see places I wouldn't otherwise see, they don't hold a lot of appeal for me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

Finally felt ok enough to try a run. 3 miles and some light strength training. Don't feel utterly exhausted now, so hopefully I'm getting over whatever went around. Found out today that some cold/virus thing has been circulating at work, yay me, I caught it.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening!  Read everything but I went to court, back to Miami to attend my goodbye lunch, back to court and ran 7.  I'm beat.  Serving dinner and watching a movie.  I might be drinking a martini. Hello and goodnight!

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

I agree with Karen on the Mainly Marathons races. One each day for 4-5 days so you can add a number of states to your list, but they're mostly multi loop courses and unless I have no choice I don't want to do 6 4-something mile loops or 12 2.4 mile loops (BTDT). I like seeing new cities and different places. One big loop or a point-to-point, please, by preference.

Lisa, sorry you are not feeling well. Hope the doctor can figure it out.

Kat, I bet there are other jobs you could do, and do well, though you're right, it could take time to work up to the amount of money you're making now. Like the kitty tumbler!

Liz, RFP? Good luck. Being the defender in a Request for Proposals is not fun.

Susan, hope you are nowhere near any storms.

Karen, Southwest already told me that Imelda is expected to hit Houston. But it's tomorrow and Thursday, I think. I change planes there on Friday and I'm not being offered the chance to reroute as yet.

Sandy, it is tough. You're glad to have the money but you would much rather have the person.

Lori, thought there might be another race coming up!

Cathy, 15 inches? I hope this is rain and not something else. Poor DD.

Damaris, when is the actual move?

Kit kats are doing well. All of them are in the 700g range, I think. Little piglet Kimba is close to 800g. All 5 are gaining and I think we will be returning 5 fat sassy healthy little kittens shortly.

Running, not great. The furthest I have managed in this training cycle is 16. This is going to be a slogfest. But I hope I can finish.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Movers are coming Saturday, I am leaving Wednesday of next week.  First day there is the 30th.

Damaris