Womens Running

Wintery weekenddailies (Read 11 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Post em if you got em.

If you don't got em,  post anyway

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

10k with hubby today.  It was cold but most of the route was clear of ice and snow

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Worrrrking in the rain, I’m working in the rain…

Thats my day.  Woot woot. 

Went to HH with the girls, over 3.5 hours!!!  Felt super bad for the server, went back and gave her an extra $20 since we hogged the table.  

Not much else today.  Work till 4.  Maybe pick up.  Maybe not. MUST clean….  Housesitter coming…

Hungry now.  Salad for lunch.  Ugh.  Hot food sounds better. 

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Not sure if I got them but I'm posting 5 or 8 depending. Not sure yet.

Little panther meows when we go to her but while I was giving her the drops, hubby rubbed her belly and she opened her legs more so she must be willing but scared I'd say. Still hiding behind boxes. Has not used the litterbox nor eaten but her water levels went down significantly so she is drinking water at least.

Damaris

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, is there even one single white hair on that little panther? She probably is TMI about all the new smells in your house. I hope she acclimates quickly. She is beautiful. 

Cardio Youtube workouts today and tomorrow. Run again on Monday.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

She does have some little white hairs near her spine. Similar to Trixie. She is almost identical except for her crazy meow and her behavior.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Another easy 3 for me this morning, testing running two days in a row. It went okay. Could feel the calf once on a downhill, but other than that no problem. Kept it nice and easy again.

Nothing much else going on here.

Karen... which location is your next travel destination?

No big trips planned. Nothing until Boston in April followed by two trips to Big Bend. Then home to do a 5k with my mom and sister in May, Alaska in June, then to CO for July-September. While in CO we're going to try to do a northern California and Oregon coast trip, and run a van trip in Colorado for others. Them my 100 in October.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Another easy 3 for me this morning, testing running two days in a row. It went okay. Could feel the calf once on a downhill, but other than that no problem. Kept it nice and easy again.

Nothing much else going on here.

No big trips planned. Nothing until Boston in April followed by two trips to Big Bend. Then home to do a 5k with my mom and sister in May, Alaska in June, then to CO for July-September. While in CO we're going to try to do a northern California and Oregon coast trip, and run a van trip in Colorado for others. Them my 100 in October.

That sounds a lot to me!  So exciting.  😁

Lori

7.8 miles walk/jog this morning with a RC friend who was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor.  Just last Wednesday in the ER, heartbreaking.  He's a WS 100 finisher, sub-3 marathoner, and today he could jog maybe 20 feet before having to walk.  He has doctor visits this upcoming week to figure out what exactly is going on and what treatment is possible.  One of those times when things in my life are really put into perspective. Niggles, annoyances, work stress, crappy runs... so, so unimportant.

Lori, you asked the other day about my upcoming races.  The big goal for the year is Oregon Cascades 100 at the end of August,  A few races before that, for fun and/or training.  Might add a 50 in June/July.

Kat, sounds like a great HH!  Woot for Rocky!

Damaris, aww poor baby kitty.  Change is hard but she'll soon learn that she hit the jackpot with you.

Karen, good that the calf seems to be okay.  Some fun travels in store!

Hi Judy!

Doing my longish run tomorrow instead of today.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

Hmm, now that I look at it, I do have a pretty fun schedule planned. I was thinking about big van trips when I said nothing much.

I am not running today. Those two short runs and a walk with DH the last two days and my legs are tired and a little sore. This kinda sucks, but at least I'm on the comeback. Just need to take my time and not do anything stupid. Speaking of stupid, I am probably signing up for a 5k next Saturday. More for the social aspect than for running fast, but that means convincing myself I don't need to run as fast as I can.

Margaret, that is so so sad. I hope there is some sort of treatment for him.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Margaret, oh, no. Hoping it's like my husband's (benign) and taken care of soon.

Little girl pooped in the bed but we had all the plastic and pee pee pad stuff on it so we didn't need to do much cleanup. Now she left the bedroom because we were there and is hiding in the bathroom.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love the Tesla app. Downpayment made and picking up tomorrow. All through the app.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday. lots of driving. Went to Philadelphia for the day for my aunt's funeral. .I had figured that my parents wouldn't be able too get there (it's a 4 hour drive & my dad's health isn't great) and I would be the family rep. 10 today. Now need to run to the grovery store before football starts.

BerthaSlayer, always good when there is a clear path (or it is 100% covered).

KatS, I do a semi hot burriot bowl salad. Hot ricec, black beans, peppers and Mexican corn. Add lettuce, salsa & guac.

Docket, sounds like you're close to having the car. Good thing you had all the protection on the bed.

judyruns, hi!

AnonymousGuest, that's a ton of traevl. Check calendar, yea, we have nothing. Did not that it takes about 75 minutes from our house to the Philly airport with DH driving. Basically the flight selection from BWI sucks, so we would need to drive further. I think Philly is easier to get to than Dulles, DH disagrees (hello, DC area traffic!).

GatsbyBird, that's tough about your friend, Hopefully they can come up with a treatment plan.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Today i just didn't have it in me mentally for my long run. So I halved it and ran 7. But it does make me worried about my upcoming race. Hopefully i get one in next week.

Margaret,  I hope your friend has a good prognosis. It does make one stop and think about what's really important in life.

Lori

12 miles this morning.  Felt harder than I thought it should, I was dragging after 3 miles, lol.  Maybe it was all the walking yesterday?  Anyway, got it done plus leg/hip workout.  Have the Niners game on while taking care of some chores.  Heading over to neighbors' house at halftime for crab and game watch. A lot of mistakes by the Niners in the first half, ugh.

Damaris, yay for the new car.  We've had a Tesla for a few years.  An old one (2013) that we got from BIL.  Make sure to program the car to charge during off-peak hours.

Karen, with all your travels, will you have time to train for a 100?  Maybe you can look for races in your travel destinations, to do for training.

HCK, good that you were able to attend the funeral on behalf of your family.

Lori, 7 isn't too shabby.  Good that you got out there.

My friend has an appointment with a neurosurgeon tomorrow.  I think there will be a biopsy so that they know what they're dealing with.  Thanks for the kind thoughts.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR