Womens Running

Finally Fridailies!!! (Read 13 times)

TGIF!!

Work has been just worse than I thought it could become and I have been so upset I just don't even talk anymore. I'm so over it.  My coworker has called several times in tears and I have been talking her through the day. This is just wrong.

Been running with Scamp -- he is a great running buddy. I worry about running with him in the heat of the summer though. Yes, I do run early in the morning, but it will be hot and steamy soon. And he really just trots along with me. Not working hard. I do feel better not being out there alone. 3.5 miles this morning, including multiple potty and sniff stops.

DH had an angiogram Tuesday. All clear. Yay

Margaret--I've been watching the news--hope you are safe

Karen--looks like a great trip!

Lori and Damaris--hang in there!

Have a great weekend!  DGS#2 will be 3 years old --party tomorrow. Grandma better get busy with cupcakes!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 8 after work.

Sue, boss related? A bad boss can wreck so much. Sad

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Finally a decent long run this morning. 16 with 6 at marathon-ish pace. Tired now though. Camping was fun, then we had a great turnout for the 5k group last night.

Susan, I'm sorry work sucks so bad. The times I had a toxic work environment were the worst. It would spill over into every part of my life. I hope it gets better. Running with Scamp sounds awesome, not to mention safer than running alone.

Damaris, hope the 8 goes well.

Margaret, looks like more flooding from the latest round - hope all is well where you're at.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue, so sorry work has been do awful.  Glad at least running with Scamp is going well.  Good for DH on his angiogram.

Damaris, enjoy your 8.  TM or the great outdoors??

Karen, glad your run was positive!!!  16 is a good amount.  YAY on the 5 turnout.

Just a work day here.  Stressed over an earlier case.  Sent a dog for surgery, always stresses me out that I didn't make the right decision.  At least the clinic we sent it to will evaluate everything we did as well.  Also we are SO short staffed.  I have one tech till 3pm, then one tech assistant until 5pm.  I already fit one sick double booking in and they wanted me to fit more.  NOPE.  Not gonna happen.  Staff me appropriately or so sad, too bad.

Nothing tonight.  Will relax on the couch.  Last night I went to the pub and got a super upset stomach and came home early and just went to bed.  Hoping tonight is better!!!

TGIF to y'all...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

TM. I'm not confident in not feeling like shit for 8 miles outside. Not yet. Plus we are super windy today and we are getting a dusting (but it's raining now). Sounds like an injury waiting to happen.

Damaris

Damaris-- I would choose the TM too.

Our supervisor has turned our great team into a train wreck. Retirement cannot come soon enough.

Ready for the weekend! We are riding in the park tomorrow morning.  We bought a new truck and I have a fabulous BIKE RACK to try out!!!

Happy Friday!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Sue and kats, I'm so sorry about the toxicity of work.  Sadly too many of us seem to be relating lately.

Today I was formally informed of the additions to my current job that will take place after we return from layoff. i cannot wait until i am finally allowed to go to my new one. They told me they aren't in a hurry. Ummmmm....I am. So hopefully it doesn't take me having to go to first aid to get the process rolling. Anyway,  rest day today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Had hoped to get up slightly earlier than usualy, but wound up getting up a little late. had time for 5 with strides this morning. Another ugly day here, cold & rainy. I knew the fake spring wasn't going to stay around.

CrazySue, glad DH is ok. Ugh on the boss, that makes work just miserable.

Docket, yea, that weather just doesn;'t sound enjoyable, I'd use the treadmill too.

AnonymousGuest, nice job on the long run.

KatS, hope you can get some relacation in. Short staffing absolutely sucks.

BerrthaSlaayer, ugh on the job changes.

Well, the atmospheric river has been a big nothingburger for us so far.  A few hours of heavy rain yesterday, then it stopped.  Sun came out today.  I think another storm will arrive Sunday or Monday.  The concern is that it's a warmer weather front from the pacific so it will cause snow to melt in places that had a lot of snow.  Plus warmer air typically holds more moisture than colder air.  Hence the concerns about flooding, although so far it isn't an issue where I am.

CrazySue, yay for good test results for DH, sorry about the toxic work environment.

Karen, yay for a good LR.

Kat, frustrating about the staffing issues.  Hope the stomach is better!

Damaris, hope the TM run went well.

Lori, annoying about the job issues that you're dealing with.

HCK, ugh on the crappy conditions

SRD for me, 7 yesterday.  Longish run tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR