Womens Running

Abnormally Warm Wednesday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

At least that's what the local weather guy called it. Heading out for another short and slow run this morning - overnight low of 68 in the winter is just wrong. Better weather next week.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill.  Could barely see across the field behind our house this morning due to fog. Just saw something that there may be snow Saturday.  Lovely.  I'm taking my car in for an oil change. If it's crappy weather,  forget asking about test driving new cars .

AnonymousGuest,  at least there is an end in sight?

No abnormal warmth here, 40s and 50s, about right for this time of year.  Forecast shows upper 30s overnight next week.  Mostly I'm happy that we've been getting some rain, with more to come this weekend.  Easy 5.5 yesterday.  Still trying to get the hang of my watch.  Can't quite figure out how to stop it after a run.    I should probably read the informational material.

Karen, that's too warm for December, ugh.  I'm with you on the short, slow runs.

HCK, I suppose it's the time of year for snow.  Any particular new car that you're eyeballing?

Off to the salt mines.  Have a great day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

No abnormal warmth here, 40s and 50s, about right for this time of year.  Forecast shows upper 30s overnight next week.  Mostly I'm happy that we've been getting some rain, with more to come this weekend.  Easy 5.5 yesterday.  Still trying to get the hang of my watch.  Can't quite figure out how to stop it after a run.    I should probably read the informational material.

Karen, that's too warm for December, ugh.  I'm with you on the short, slow runs.

HCK, I suppose it's the time of year for snow.  Any particular new car that you're eyeballing?

Off to the salt mines.  Have a great day.

GatsbyBird,  either the Subaru Legacy or Crosstrek. I currently have a Legacy.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't run yesterday so I better run today. 5 or 7.

It is abnormally warm here too. December and 40-50s? Weird.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

There is an end in sight here. A little better by Sunday, then way better (highs in the 50s, lows in the 30s) a week from now. I ran 5, kept it slow because hot and humid.

HCK, snow! New car shopping sounds fun, but not in dense fog or rain or snow.

Gatsby, when I first got my current watch, it was set to turn the little button to pause or stop. I kept pushing the button and nothing would happen. I switched it to just pushing the button, but to end the run you have to push and hold for a few seconds, so often times I stop my run and don't realize until quite a bit later that it is just paused. Did you say which new watch you got? Assuming one with a better battery life....

Damaris, 50s sounds warm for you, but 40s sounds reasonable to me for December, but I'm just basing that on weather growing up a few hours west of there and I can't really count on my memory from that long ago anymore, so what do I know really. I was glad it was warmer up that way most of the time we were in IL. Although going out with the dogs in the morning with temps in the 20s a couple times was not a lot of fun.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, 40s sound reasonable here, but as the high, not the low. Low today for example was 49F. That for us is fall weather. We normally get 20-40s at this point and we don't get much colder than that. We hit the 20s at some point for a week and then back to a rainy fall weather. Been nice but weird.

Damaris

LC Runs

3 miles this morning - it was a bit dicey. We got some sleet and rain last night and this morning's temp was 32 so there was that lovely sheen of ice on the road. Luckily, I just got a new pair of shoes so the traction on them was good.

Nothing much new here, just trying to gear up for the holidays. I did get the house decorated and tree bought this weekend and am now working on gifts.  I managed a decent Amazon order last night LOL

Karen - hope you had a good run. That is warm, hope it cools down soon!

Kathi - nice TM run. .We had the freezy fog this morning, too, which didn't help road conditions

Margaret - whoo hoo on the new watch, new gadgets are always fun!

Damaris -have a good run!

I need to catch up on the board, I've missed a few days!

Anonymous Guest

Karen, 40s sound reasonable here, but as the high, not the low. Low today for example was 49F. That for us is fall weather. We normally get 20-40s at this point and we don't get much colder than that. We hit the 20s at some point for a week and then back to a rainy fall weather. Been nice but weird.

Ohhhh, I read that as 40-50s as highs, not 40s as low. That is warm (and would have been appreciated for the morning dog stuff.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ohhhh, I read that as 40-50s as highs, not 40s as low. That is warm (and would have been appreciated for the morning dog stuff.

That's cause I didn't specify! Yeah, it's been nice. We were supposed to get snow next week but it changed to a week of rain and 45-50s for the day. Our lows have been warmer lately and I suspect that trend will continue until the planet explodes, lol.

Damaris