Womens Running

Not Weak Weekend (over 40) (Read 20 times)

Linda

Lisa:  I haven't seen snow in a few years.  Those pics a re beautiful.

Camille:  I hadn't seen that website.  thanks.  I like berries, so it shouldn't be difficult to eat them.

Karen:  I have seen a few recommendations for pineapples, so I am going to try that, too.

I had a day of basketball.  The last game was so depressing.  The coach for the other team was cussing and carrying on.  The kids on the other team got something like 5 technical.  Their behavior was so bad and intimidating.  We lost, which was probably best, because there might have been a fight if we had won.  It was a disgrace.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

ginnyb

Goodmorning,

Lisa...how do you keep your footing on the snow runs?  The pics are beautiful, but I could live without the snow now, it is pretty for the holidays, but it can go away now.  Your DD definitely needs to cheer on the marathoners!

Tessa...hope you have gotten some sleep by now.  Thoughts are with you, wish we could help.

Marjorie...nice car!

karen...hope your cold is better today.

I have really become wimpy with the winter weather.  I don't even want to go outside.  We are snow and ice covered again, the streets and sidewalks are really icy, so no outdoor running for me.  I am so self conscious about how slow I am that I won't go to the gym and use the TM unless it is super, super early in the morning.  I wish I could get over this, but I just feel everyone is saying " she might as well be wallking" and it takes me forever to do 5 miles and it is sooooo boring  Darn weather!!!  I would rather just do my cardio DVD I guess, but that doesn't help me with my running.

Linda... my GD plays basket ball, so I have been to games like you attended, softball too.  It is a disgrace.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Good morning!

Lisa, I loved the snow pics and I'm very happy to see you out there again.  The pics made me a little homesick.

Marjorie, you are right. Pomegranate and tart cherries are supposed to be good anti-inflammatories as well as the leafy green stuff. My hip is improving, but it seems glacially slow. I have to remind myself how bad it was after Thanksgiving when I had  to put a pillow between my legs to get out of bed. It's just minor catching pain most days now, mostly in the groin. The lateral hip is better. We're going to give it two more weeks to decide if I should go in for a cortisone shot. Now I wish I'd done it at the start as my doc recommended.

Carol, just kidding on the big butt exercises. Last week, PT had me doing nearly an hour of Rt. thigh and glute work. It used to be easy, but he's pushing it.  BTW, good for your friend. I'm sure you've been a great influence on her.

Linda, bummer on the game. We stopped youth softball for my DD due to that kind of thing.

Ginny, life meant to be enjoyed. Do your DVD if you prefer it. My philosophy is that everything helps! Winter really won't last forever-except in Fairbanks where I was sure it did!  Prob. like you feel now.

I've got to get busy cleaning the house. A friend is coming for lunch and I have parts of projects scattered everywhere.  Gym with  elliptical this p.m.

LC Runs

4 on the TM, I have to help make sub sandwiches with my daughter's bowling team so I am short on time today.

Carol - I am so glad you're doing Bayshore, don't know how I missed that post

Sugarland - good luck today!

Linda - that is awful about the game.  I watched my first BBall game yesterday, my older son is doing a 6 week basketball camp and they scrimmaged yesterday.   No bad behavior, thank goodness

Ginny - I am  so over this weather!  I am in a funk this winter for sure.  I think it's a combination of how severe it's been, plus I have to travel in it a lot and it causes me anxiety and I can't even look forward to any days off of work for a long weekend or any reprieve.  Ugh.  Let's just count down the weeks till it's over..

Camille - can you come clean my house, too?   LOL, I need to get to that but it never ends....

ginnyb

I am so proud of myself!   I strapped on the ole' Yaktrax this morning and went for a 4 mile walk/run!  It was actually very pleasant!  No traffic, so I had the streets pretty much to myself and I didn't slip or slide at all.  I will admit there was more walking going on than running, but that's okay, it felt really good to be outside.

Thanks Camille, I know I shouldn't feel the way I do, and you are right...some exercise is better than nothing!

Looking forward to the Broncos/Patriots game this afternoon.   Go Broncos!!!  I will admit there will be a lot of junk food eating done today too!

I forgot to mention, that yesterday, I saw a man running with just shorts and t-shirt.  There was at least 6 inches of snow and it was about 10 degrees!   Is that even safe, shorts in that cold of weather?  To each his own I guess!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all,

Stayed up late (11:30!) finishing my book last night. The Orphan Master's Son. Very good. Next up is the latest Harlan Coben book, so that should be a quick, easy, somewhat mindless read.

It's supposed to get up to 45 today, so I plan on running this afternoon. Cold is still here, but I think yesterday may have been the worst of it. I'm still stuffed up and coughing and sneezing, but the achiness is gone and the rest doesn't seem quite as bad. Yesterday I went to the grocery store, got through the line and realized I had taken my wallet out of my purse to buy something online and left it out on the table. Yeah, I was not functioning anywhere near 100%. At least it was the store that was only about 5 minutes from home, so I was able to get there and back and get the groceries before all the frozen stuff melted.

Ginny, good for you for getting out there in the snow and cold. The next round of cold is supposed to hit us on Tuesday, so I want to get out and run both today and tomorrow. I've been kind of a cold weather wimp this winter, so will probably hit the TM most of the rest of the week.

Laura, you always have so much going on with four kids. I don't know how you get it all done.

Lisa, beautiful pics. To look at from afar. I honestly don't want to run in that, or even be in the same state as that.

Linda, I hate that. Do coaches like that think they are helping those kids at all? How horrible to influence those kids that way.

13 weeks until Boston and trying to figure out my training. I decided to do a 12 week plan because I wasn't mentally ready to start training at 18 weeks. Or 16 weeks. I don't think I'll have the time to do Pfitz 12/70 again, but Pfitz 12/55 doesn't seem like enough. Right now I'm leaning towards jumping into the Hanson's 18 week plan at week 13. Ugh, guess I better make up my mind.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

It's Sunday but I don't have to be depressed about going back to work because tomorrow is a holiday!  Yay, love three day weekends.   DH and I will go out for a long run in a little bit and then watch some football.  Go 49ers!

Karen, you're in such good shape that you could probably just find a training plan that matches your fitness level at week 13 of the plan, and then continue it from there.

GinnyB, great job getting out there with the yaktrax.  I'll be rooting for the Broncos today too.

LC, ironic that you're in a funk because of the cold snowy weather and I'm in a funk because of the warm dry weather.  Wish we could trade weather for a few days!  At least you know spring will come.  Who knows if/when we're going to get any rain.

Camille, glad you're seeing improvement in the hip but must be frustrating that it's taking so long.  Just tell yourself that it's taking as long as it needs to and you're doing all the right things.

Hi Linda.  Bummer that the basketball game was such a bad experience.  Is that something that can/should be reported somewhere?

Lisa, love the snowy pics.  Not sure I'll be seeing any snow in person this winter.

Marjorie, sounds like you are having a productive weekend with work and chores.

Hi to everyone else!   Hope the races today went well.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1. Didn't feel like doing more. I've cleaned the kitchen. Now our room and the office.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Linda - That is disappointing behavior at the ball game!

Ginny - Great job on getting out there!!!!  I find that once I am out there, I always enjoy the fresh air!  Don't ever feel bad for what you do, or your speed, or anything like that!!! You are being active, and that it most important!

Camille - Enjoy your lunch with your friend, and ellipical later.

LCruns - I'm so tired of running on icey roads too!  I would hate to travel alot in this weather as well.  I was thinking of rearranging my job at work, and they wanted me to drive to West Branch every Monday.....I opted not to do that   I knew every Sunday I would be worrying about that drive.  I can't believe I signed up for Bayshore  :0   Are you excited about Marathon training?

Karen - Can't believe Boston is coming up so fast!!!  Agree with Gatsby, that you are in such good shape, you should be able to jump into any plan!

Gatsby - Hope you enjoy your LR.

Marjorie - Nice job on the 10!

Ran 8 this am with RB's.  When we were done the wind chill was supposedly  -4.  Brrrrrr.  Then came home and packed DH up and made him go to Urgent care, has been sick for 3 weeks, saw PCP 2 weeks ago, I tried to get him go last week, and told him I thought he had pneumonia, so one chest xray later, sure enough, peumonia...ugh.  He was lucky they didn't admit him today.

Carol

LC Runs

Ginny - awesome job!  I love my Yak Trax, they are great in all but total ice.  Getting outside for just one run yesterday helped my mental outlook too!

Karen - ohh, I will have to look into that book, I got a Kindle Fire for Xmas and am on my second John Grisham novel (Sycamore Row).  Thanks for the kind words about the kids, it does help that I have a few quiet days per week when they're with their dad, but I still try and do what I can (today for instance). 

Gatsby - I hope you get some rain soon!

Marjorie - great run!

Carol - I am excited about training, I think it will help me that my friend is unsure about this (even though it was her idea ha ha) so I will have to put my trepidations aside and cheer her on, which will help my motivation!  Let me know if you ever do come to the WB site (McLaren, I'm assuming), the facility is across the street from where I work, so if it was on a day I'm in the office, we could meet for lunch!