Womens Running

King Tide Weekender (Read 12 times)

When the tides are exceptionally high and low, a phenomenon that happens a few times a year for sciency reasons.  Including this weekend, when NorCal least needs another big influx of water.  Such fun.    Will check it out when I go for a run.  High tide will peak a little after 9 am.

Any excitement in your neighborhood this weekend?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kat, nice job on the run/walk yesterday!  Good consistency getting out there.  Hope work is tolerable.

Lori, smart to take a mental health day.  Those are important.

HCK, true that there's no guesswork when deciding what to wear for a TM run.  There are days when I wish I still had one, mostly bad AQI days which we have not had for a while, fortunately.

Damaris, hope your 7 went well yesterday and have more good running this weekend.

Guessing Karen might be on the road back to TX.  Safe travels.

Glad the work week is over.  A stressful, busy week at work, although a little of it was self-inflicted.  I thought I had more time to work on something, but then I checked the scheduling order (thank goodness) and saw it was due earlier.  So yesterday was a long day.  But I got it done, and I won't be working this weekend, so yay?  shaping up to be a sunny day so I'll head out for a joggity jog, go visit my dad, and do some chores and yard work.  NFL playoffs this weekend, with Niners playing tomorrow, woo!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Margaret!   I guess this time it’s safe to say goooo niners.  (Who are they playing??). Enjoy the joggity jog.  Glad no work for you this weekend.  Unlike here for me.  Dingbat dogs already and we just opened.   Ugh.  And it’s chilly out.  I’ve been working hard on the running part. It’s a struggle, but only has been 3 weeks.  

Have a good Saturday all you ladies!!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I had a really comfortable 10k run today with hubby. Thankfully he's not at his fastest atm and just returning to running so I was running nice and easy. That said,  it won't be long until he's back to leaving me in his dust.

Football? I don't even know who's still in it. I'm not a football fan.  I did hear Rihanna is playing the half time. Meh. But who knows,  maybe I will like it. I usually only watch for the commercials anyway (however we don't always get to see all the American ones right away).

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! My lower back issues arose during the week but I started using a pillow my husband had bought but didn't like that is for the legs to stretch the back while sleeping and I haven't had pain in two days so will continue using it to see.

I have 6 or 7 later.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 miles with 4 x 5 mins at HM effort or something like that in the second half. COld & gray this morning.

GatsbyBird, hope there isn't too much additional water from the King Tide.

KatS, 49ers play Dallas. I'm sure the TV broadcast will mention a few times that the 49ers QB was the last guy drafted.

BerthaSlayer, nice run! Teams left: Kansas City Cheifs, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Buffalo Biils, Cinncinati Bengals plus the 2 I mention to Kat,

Docket, good news on the back.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cowboys?  Well hells bells, I am now REALLY REALLY rooting for the niners!!!!

Lori, glad you had a good run today.

Damaris, hope your back keeps being OK.

Kathi, hoorah on the 9!  Great.

Home from work, but thinking I am going to slip back out and get some Crumbs Cookies.  They had an Oreo one that was OMG when cold.  And theyre close on Sundays.

K

Anonymous Guest

Sitting in a Cracker Barrel parking lot in AZ for the night. Cutting the trip short as DH has some health concerns and wants to get back. So instead of a few more days in CA then meandering back home, we’re driving straight back and driving longer each day. Should be home Monday. Dinner with my cousin was so fun, he invited my nephew, who works in SF, that I didn’t think we’d be able to see with cutting things shirt. We had a blast.

I don’t think I mentioned that the last time I ran (Sunday) I pulled something in my calf. Every day I think it will be better, but so far not. It is getting better but slowly, so no time to run until we get back may be for the best.

Typing on this iPad is a pain in the butt, so I’m just gonna make this all about me.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no, Karen. Hope it's nothing major!

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Snowing here today. First snowfall since Christmas. It was hard to run in. Slippery. My pace sucked as I walked more than I wanted  of it but it was pretty. 9 miles

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We barely got 1" of snow which has melted for the most part. Bahumbug, ha.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

More than a few cowboy jerseys and logos today.  Par for the course here. 

Great fun this morning!!  3 miles, felt good for once.   It cooooold.  No snow at least, phew!!!

Busy working today.  Ready to scoot, but 90 min left.  

Happy Sunday all. 

K

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 on the treadmill + strength training.

AnonymousGuest, safe travels. Hope it's nothing too serious for DH.

Go Niners!  Productive weekend here. 10 miles yesterday, 6.5 today plus leg strength.  Finished taking down dad’s Christmas stuff and putting it away.  Did the laundry, cleaned the kitchen, bought groceries, and did some yard work.  And signed up for Oregon Cascades 100 in August. Sort of ambitious since my long run this weekend was 1/10th of that, but I’ve got a good coach and there’s plenty of time. 

Kat, I used to loathe the Cowboys in the olden days but don’t mind them so much now.  Except when they’re playing the 49ers, of course. 

Damaris, sorry your back is acting up but good that the pillow helps. 

Karen, as others said, hopefully DH’s health issues turn out okay.  Same for your calf.  So nice that your cousin dinner was fun. Cracker Barrel parking lot really sounds glamorous.    

Lori, snow?  Hope it was pretty at least. 

HCK, nice workout today and 9 yesterday.  No snow for you?

Monday again tomorrow? Ugh.