Womens Running

Merry Monday Divas (Read 15 times)

outwestrunner

Sassy - I saw your question from Friday's thread. I got this ST routine from a friend of mine who played college football. I expect to turn into a serious beefcake here shortly. :P  No, really, it's pretty aggressive, but apparently that's how I roll (as I was recently told).

monk717

RR: Ran 3 outside in 35 degrees... hadn't worn long sleeves until this morning, which is pretty good for me. But my legs were bricks, guess if I keep running outside in those temps I need to get some warmer pants. Ran 7 on Saturday with multiple walk breaks, learned that as I'm working back up on the training I need to take fuel along for more than 6.

NNR: Poor P has a cold, stuffy nose but no fever. We have an appointment for his first flu shot tomorrow so I need to call and see if he can still get it with a cold. Poor baby sounded so bad nursing this morning with all the gunk in his nose. He actually doesn't seem to mind the snot sucker this time around, maybe he knows it helps. I'm getting my flu shot this morning at work. Seems that I'm the only one in the house not currently coming down with something, so we'll see how long until I get it too.

We went to get A's halloween costume and then the pumpkin patch Saturday. It was fun, but packed. It was a nice weekend with getting a lot done around the house and fun and relaxation too. I really wish I could keep P sleeping in his crib in the kids' room consistently, then I could watch TV in our bedroom at night instead of football. Hopefully soon.

DH is going into an informal meeting with a potential job this afternoon... it seems like this place can move really fast if they like you and they seem really interested in DH, so hopefully something will happen soon. Meanwhile the other company (his old one that he reapplied to) hasn't called yet and DH is starting to think they won't, apparently they have a history of posting jobs and then not hiring. And on a totally different tangent, I'm drinking maybe the best pumpkin spice coffee I've tasted right now. Just wish it wasn't so cold in my office. OK, well now I better get to work becuase I was a little late.

lizo_77

we're a busy lot this morning!

MA: congrats on the awesome race!! hope you get a good chunk of work done!

mel: way to go on the ironman distances this past weekend! you must be tired!

sassy: poor G and his nightmare! awwww. And your poor big D and crazy project deadlines!

OJ: love it! muffins and tea!

outwest: awww. that's nice of you to go 10 with the dogs!

back later!

NorCal

Morning ladies!

RR. Ran 9 yesterday to finish off a 35 mile week which is high for me. Taper taper taper this week. Gotta just hope these legs recover and are feeling good for my half Sunday! Also, going to try to get back into a core/upper body workout routine this week as I've really been slacking on that. Might do a power yoga from Yoga Vibes.

NRR. Had a great weekend! Saturday, DH, L and I went on a long hike to the top of a local mountain. L did great, I was so proud of him! Then in the afternoon, DH and I took a bottle of wine and some chocolate out to a local lake and just relaxed and stayed until the sunset. So nice! Sunday we did our group run, then spent the day watching football and eating homemade pretzels from the recipe Sassy posted. So I guess I ate wayyyyy too much this weekend too, but plan on being good all week, as next weekend I'm sure I'll over indulge as well.

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

Hey time for personals! G's napping so I'm heading to DSW to see if I can find a pair of brown riding boots. I have black but I really want brown!!!!!!!!

Meli - wowza workout! Enjoy that massage today!

OWR - what a runnerful weekend! Dude, you can eat like crap when you throw down 24 miles in two days. I don't eat anything during runs less than 13, although I do eat a big bowl of cereal and banana before I leave. I'm doing 40 total this week, with a LR of 20!! Aggressive ST is the way to go honestly. I can't wait to go back to 4 running days (from 5) and bump up the ST. Despite my running I'm a lot less toned than I was a year ago (although my butt is perkier ... thanks hills!!).

Jewe l- ugh the two day hangover is the worst! Woohoo for vacation!

Monk - pooooo to the midwest winter weather starting up!

NC - Taper is the best! I love this marathon plan I'm on but I've got almost a month of taper ... I might go crazy.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

outwestrunner

Sassy - Good to know you and Jewel are not eating much on the "shorter" LRs, too. I keep thinking of how I ran out of gas at this race last year, because I didn't eat anything..but this time around, I'm doing twice the distance. I have a lot more LRs to do before the race, and I can figure out the food thing then. I think I'm just freaking myself out. I also think my goal might be just to survive the course.

SassySparky

OWR - yeah I figure as long as I eat well the day before (and the morning of) and drink enough then I can do 12-13 without fuel. I've felt fine doing that. When I did 14, though, I needed something and I had a fig newton (those are working for me!).

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

lizo_77

still pouring rain here. thinking it's going to be a 4 miler on the TM tonight!

monk: way to go on that cold run!

Norcal: love the wine and chocolate and local lake idea! awwww. sounds relaxing and peaceful! the home made pretzels sound awesome!

did I tell you ladies I'm running fargo next year? yay! I got my mojo back! can't wait to start announcing those longer runs again! Smile