Womens Running

Happy Monday (dailies) (Read 15 times)

Kilmisters

How is it already almost December!? Also, not sure what games you are reffering to (probably baseball or am-football?), but USA is doing realllly well in soccer World Cup so far!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Kat, you're in Vietnam!? How come? Why did I have the impression you only like Iberian peninsula countries, haha. Margaret, sometimes the working days where everyone leaves you the hell alone and you can do the small things - those are the best. Nothing new here except for ankle struggles, sigh. Very intense floorball season as the main reason, probably.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Hi Elina!!  Hope you’ve been doing well.  When is your trip?  Estonia??

Karen, it is a sad time indeed.  I remember my fathers funeral, the outpouring of people was touching.  It made a hard time better.  I am glad your family was able to have a nice time together.

Sitting the hotel bar, so some time to ramble…

Hanoi has been neat, well, it was yesterday.  Some photos are on FB.  I hired a private guide yesterday and we spent all day touring the city.  Some cultural, some just city.  And whoa boy and howdy the city!!!  The Old Quarter was wild.  Cars, mopeds, bikes, and people EVERYWHERE!!!  Walking was a feat, crossing the street was taking your life into your own hands!  NOBODY stops, even at lights, I swear.  Impressive no accidents.  And there were a bunch of close calls just with us.  Took a pedi-cycle tour of the old quarter (guy pushes a covered cart/seat from behind on a bike.). This meant we were IN traffic.  Yikes.  OH, and we had some local street food, nice to have a local guide pick the places, it was fun.  And the guide was sweet.  It was a nice day.  I contemplated something similar today, but for one person, it was too expensive.   There were trip advisor tours, way cheaper, but getting back after presented a challenge so I had a much needed rest day.

Today was just relaxing at the hotel, an a big loooong nap.  I didn’t sleep well the night before.  Tomorrow the trip starts, we go to the coast for 2 days on a traditional boat. Should be interesting, though rainy.  Sad

TraLaLa.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, cross posted.  My Mom and I were supposed to take her last trip together and chose Vietnam.  Part land, part cruise up the Mekong to Cambodia.  Then I fly over to Thailand for a week.  Mom had to cancel due to her advanced arthritis.  She just cannot walk now without severe pain.  I came anyways.  It is a neat and new experience.

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Vietnam photos are amazing!

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Kilmisters

Kat, thanks for the contest, but still - wow, what a choice of destination. I'll probably stalk FB for pics. Estonia trip is in precisely 2 months<3> </3>

LC Runs

3.4 miles this am, followed by an upper body weight routine.  Back to the work grind today...

Elina - college football - U of Mich vs Ohio State which is a big rivalry.

Kat - glad you are having fun!

Kat---enjoy Vietnam!!!  I went 15+ years ago for work and it was fascinating and beautiful.

Short run this morning felt pretty good, despite the sinus headache.

We have to report back to the office three days a week now. Bummer, but I met with my knitting friends at lunchtime so that was nice for a change.

Speaking of college football rivalries----Did y'all see the Texas A&M vs Louisiana State ????  What a great game!!! Gig 'Em Aggies!!!! Why they can't play that well all season long is a great mystery. I need to walk down the hall and razz the other division chief--he's a big LSU fan.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! First day of my week vacation. Slept in and ran errands. Pilates later.

Elina, yeah, this year has flown!

Kat, loving your pictures from your trip.

Laura, nice run.

Sue, nice run!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Back to work. Yay. Upper body strengtth training after work. Hoping I can actually sleep tonight. I did a mobility workout 2 weeks ago and it really irritated my hip. It bothers me most laying on my back or that side.

Anonymous Guest

Ready to head home tomorrow. Lots of crying today, but also fun hanging out with cousins this afternoon. We are planning a cousin reunion for next summer. We’ve talked about it before but this time I think we’ll actually follow through. 

Now to find my motivation to run again once we get home……

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel