Womens Running

Shop till you DROP WEEKENDS (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Anonymous Guest

Googling how long colds last, because I've got a tickle in my throat that feels like it's a cold coming on. Fuck.

Headed out to run a few easy miles....

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Messy weather day here - sleet and snow.  Ugh.  Ran 3 on the TM and did some weights.

Lizzie - My kids used to always make a list but most stuff they want nowadays is expensive, so I figure they can budget their spending money and get what they really want.  We probably will only have the tree up for 2-3 weeks, they just dry out anyway so I'm good with a short time frame lol.

Hi LIsa - any snow down there?  My son is not going back to Ann Arbor until tomorrow now, super nasty here.

Damaris - good luck with the 14!

Karen - oh man, please do not get sick!

Not doing much today, I do have to pick up my younger son, who is at a friends.  Kind of waiting for the roads to get better, bleh.  Have I even mentioned I hate winter?  Glad it's not a work day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Googling how long colds last, because I've got a tickle in my throat that feels like it's a cold coming on. Fuck.

Headed out to run a few easy miles....

Nooooo!

Ended up with 6. My legs are beat from the muddy races yesterday and my knee was being a PITA so I’ll live to fight another day.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's cold and raining, had no intention of going out in that. DId some strength training.

AnonymousGuest, I hope you are not getting sick.

Lizzie, I registered for 2 trail races, one a "half" on 2/2 and a 10 miler on 3/1. The half is about 12.7 miles. I would like to do the Salisbury half on 4/4, the price goes up 12/31, so I may try to decide before than.  Hopefully by then the housing stuff with my in-laws will be squared away. DH went up Friday  and found out his mom got a temporary apartment at the place where his dad is doing rehab.  We are helping with the move Saturday. This isn't her first choice, so guessing this is until February. IDK.

Anonymous Guest

I sure do hope this is just taper craziness, but it feels an awful lot like the start of a cold. I am not happy.

I decided not to run today and took a nap instead. Figured my immune system would be happier with that.

I've been trying to figure out the logistics for next weekend, because I want to get down there early afternoon Friday and I don't think DH will be able to do that with work. I had an epiphany this morning - he can get a ride down Saturday with the neighbor that is pacing me! Neighbor is planning on getting there and hanging out pretty much all day. Then DH can sleep in the van Saturday night and drive it home on Sunday. This is all assuming I don't get sick though! Grrr.

Liz, the first couple years I lived here Sunday morning was my favorite time to run. That was the only day they weren't building houses so there were no contractors or work trucks out. Nice and quiet.

Damaris, nice job on the races. I liked the RR.

Lisa, you made me laugh.

Tessa, from the other day, thanks for the thoughts on WA races. Niece doesn't want to wait until fall though, plus she really wants to go to Seattle. I figure I can suck it up and do the RnR. Especially if I end up just doing the half with her - people seem to enjoy those more than the full.

Oh, I forgot. I got an email Friday while sitting at my parents' house with the sick uncle. I did not get the job. She told me I was their second choice, but the first choice accepted the job. That sucks, but she did say they were impressed with my qualifications and my interview, so at least that was good to hear. I found a couple more to apply to - one is p/t. Eventually one of these has got to work out, doesn't it?

Well, aren't I just full of fun and happiness today. I guess I should go make some dinner. Although after four days of eating way too much, I'm not really very hungry.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Karen - NOOOOOO!!!! Take some cold meds now. That may help! Keep resting and keep taking the airborne. Sorry to hear about the job. Just means it wasn’t meant to be! I guess you weren’t meant to go to Saudi Arabia. IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! I can’t believe this is happening in a week! Wish I could be there!! I have severe FOMO. You aren’t sick you aren’t sick you aren’t sick you aren’t sick.

Laura - I am surprised you get a real tree!! My parents still do and so does my brother. My parents usually get a 9 footer! HCDH had to help my 85 year old father stand that bad boy up on the porch last week! They make the house smell so good! I guess my parents only have it in the house for the same time frame as you now that I think about it.

Docket - Nice job on the 6! Don’t blame you for taking it easy today!

Run4kupcakes - After running in the cold rain this morning, I still haven’t been able to warm up! I am guessing Feb is when the rehab is over? Maybe they will stay there because moving is a pain! Wishful thinking?

Raining and cold all day so stayed in for the most part. Ran some errands while HCDH worked for a little while. Tomorrow is going to be a long day in the car so I just want it to be over already. Sigh.

Have a good evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Karen, good call on resting today.  Take AirBorne, stuff yourself with fruits, veggies, and vitamin C, and keep resting.  Instead of a cold, it might be fatigue from all the driving, socializing, and other Thanksgiving hoopla.  Being back in your normal routine should help.

It's been gray and blustery all weekend but it hasn't rained too much.  I did an easy 3 miles this morning, for a total of 27.7 for the week.  Weird having so much free time, but I'm sticking to the training plan.  I think it'll be good to be rested going into the new year, plus the goal race isn't until May.  Today, I'm just doing chores around the house and watching football.  We don't do a Christmas tree -- just hang lights and ornaments on a giant potted plant inside and do lights outside, which are already up.

Safe travels if anyone has friends or family on the roads or in the air.

Going to be lazy and wave to everyone.  Feeling sort of mopey about going back to work tomorrow. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Karen- don’t be silly spending time thinking you caught something.  You’ve forgotten how dry heated air in the winter dries out the nasal passages. Not to mention driving with heater on for 14 hours.  Hydrate and get some steam to put things back in balance. Sounds like you’ve done the precautionary extra stuff that will ensure you don’t get anything this week. Pull out your Deena Kaster book and do some positive visualization.

Lisa