Womens Running

Totally Thursday - Supermoms (Read 10 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - what's in the spicy chicken tacos? hard or soft shell?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - what's in the spicy chicken tacos? hard or soft shell?

I made fire roasted salsa 2 days ago (used my gas burner to char 4 jalepenos, 4 vine tomatoes--place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to steam skins, scrape skins off and remove tomato goosh, seed jalepenos if you don't want it as spicy-- minced them and added 1/2 a diced onion, 2 cloves of garlic, a big handful of cilantro chopped, salt, pepper, and lime juice), browned 6 b/s chicken thighs and dumped in about 1 cup of the salsa and about half a can of salsa de tomate con jalepeno (mexican spicy tomato sauce, el pato brand) and put the other half a can in the remaining salsa to thicken it up.  Added a heavy handed dose of garlic powder, dried onion, some pepper, adobo seasoning, and some chili powder. Let it simmer covered until the chicken starts to fall apart, uncover until the liquid evaporates off and shred. I use corn tortillas because that's all I can eat- I prefer soft warmed on a skillet. DH had his in a bowl with lettuce, beans, olives, salsa, and tortilla chips.

You can do a very similar recipe for Arroz con pollo, except you need to sautee mushrooms with the chicken (cut into strips first and use white meat) and cook uncovered so the meat doesn't dry out and the liquid evaporates more quickly, then serve over spanish rice and top with cheese and tortillas on the side. Its better if you leave the cilantro out for this recipe though, so if you want salsa, just make an extra big batch and reserve some of the tomato, chile, onion mixture before you stir in the cilantro.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07