Womens Running

Kick A$$ Thursdailies (Read 11 times)

Spin class kicked my a$$. Seriously, my friend Cicely subbed for Renee and it was the toughest class I've ever done. That woman is a beast!!

HCK--yes, we were at the Hilton Downtown Toronto. We had a good experience there. Elevators didn't bug me. Wow--food there is crazy $$$!! I do wish I had thought to turn on my strava when we walked around Ward Island in the harbor. And I didn't get to spend enough time in the knitting shop. Otherwise, good trip.

Karen--Yes--that "Covid doesn't exist" mindset baffles me. I personally know two people who died from covid.

WFH today--chance to catch up on laundry between work and meetings. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That mentality is why Covid is still around. Silly people.

RD for me.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

CrazySue,  different Hilton.  We were at the Niagara Falls one. We could see toronto from our room. And yes, food was crazy expensive.  We got breakfast each day at IHOP since they were literally on every corner.  $70 CAD.

Anonymous Guest

I ran 8 yesterday and it felt great. Apparently if you want to feel good running at 7,500 feet above sea level, just spend 3-4 weeks mostly at 10-11,000 feet above sea level. I signed up for a couple 5ks (not this coming weekend, but one each of the following two) to see what I can do back down around 300 feet. Since my marathon is gonna suck so bad, I might as well see if I can at least run a fast-ish 5k.

Will try to run more this morning, then this afternoon we'll do most of the packing up of this place, then hit the road tomorrow for Texas. It has been a fun summer.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I've a migraine today that is kicking my ass so I likely will not run today.

I also have a consult today at the dentist. Fun stuff.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, forgot to answer from yesterday, yes, I'll only be in the office next Friday. Monday is a holiday, Tuesday is WFH, Wednesday I'm off, Thursday WFH, Friday office. I wish it was that way every week; it actually makes me want to go. Big grin

Damaris

I can’t exactly say that I’m kicking ass today.  Nor is my ass being kicked.  Somewhere in-between. 

Ran 6-ish after work yesterday. Doing 4 after work today, which may well kick my ass since it’s hot (for us), in the 80s. I guess our Indian summer didn’t skip us after all, although it’s later than usual. 

CrazySue, sounds like a fun trip aside from the accommodation snafu, annoying. 

Karen, more molecules of oxygen would help with running. Even if there aren’t an abundance at 7500’, there are more than at 11k.

Lori, hope the migraine goes away. 

Damaris, nice work schedule this week. This is one of those holidays that I always forget about.  Didn’t realize that I had Monday off until a couple days ago.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR