Womens Running

Pancake TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I. LOVE. PANCAKES. The cheap ones - Ihop. Actually considering going to a pancake house night before my marathon.

Who else likes pancakes? Blueberry pancakes?! Now I am hungry.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

5 for me followed by Body Pump!

I usually do a tempo run on Tuesdays or a MP run, but my legs are still feeling a bit fatigued from my weekend runs. Took it easy just to get an extra day of recovery. I guess I listened to my Garmin - after my 20 miler it suggested I take it easy for 3.5 days. Wink Pretty much jello now after Body Pump so that is good, too! I ended up going to Abs last night and it was mostly oblique work so I can't really move. Makes me happy I wear sweat pants to work.

Nothing new over here.

Margaret – Glad the procedure went well! Upper 30’s?! Haha, mine is usually in the 50’s. I bet they were surprised! Hope you are feeling more like yourself today.

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love pancakes too, especially the birthday cake ones at IHOP. 

I don't know which workout to do today but either 6 easy or 8 with fast paces, it will have to be on the TM. Knowing we are getting 3-5" of snow tomorrow, makes me think I need to run the 8 since that and yaktrax won't help with a fast run.

Damaris

Laissez le bon temps rouler!!!! Happy Mardi Gras! We are at work. Parades are too crazy--we never go to the big ones on Fat Tuesday.

5.1 run walk w Cissy this morning.  Warm and steamy. Did feel good to get out there.

MIL + Lady (German Shepherd) moved back in with us yesterday.  The pups were great.  I think Lady was lonely by herself in the trailer, and she was happy to see Skye.  Skye had a puppy paw-ty all weekend with the three labs at our house, so , hey, what's one more pup? Hopefully she can return her travel trailer tomorrow and get her money back. It leaks, and the flooring was molding under the linoleum.

Margaret, glad the colonoscopy went well.

Damaris-- I'm with you--flautas, baby!  My fave.

Blueberry pancakes--yum!!!

Throw me something, mister!!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Not a pancake fan here...  Now, give me some waffles or french toast, that is a different story.  Don't get me wrong, if a pancake is plopped down in front of me, I wouldn't turn it away...

Lizzie, sweat pants (or scrubs) are certainly a bonus for work clothes.

Damaris, good luck deciding on your run.  Cannot believe you and snow!!!

Sue, happy Mardi Gras!  I cannot Imagine being in NOLA for it.  I have some glitter called Throw Me Something, Mister!  (It is a NOLA based company and all their glitters have local names.)

Margaret, glad the procedure is over for you.

My wee little beastie boo woke me up around 6:30am wanting to get off the bed and I couldn't go back to sleep, but now I am tired.  I leave for Corpus in a few hours, hoping my laundry will be clean and dry by then...  Luckily I remembered to recharge my camera batteries.  I guess there are areas where the bluebonnets are already out.

That is it.  Nothing else of interest here.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Pancakes are yummy.    5 miles this morning on the TM.  It was nice to run without my legs being bone tired.    And a massage this morning, so I feel awesome.    It looks like the winter storm is fizzling out and going south of us, so we went from 4-11 inches of snow expected to basically no snow.  I won't complain.  It is breezy and cool out though!

Liz, good for you for resting.    That was a tough 20 miler.   I googled some orange roll recipes.  They do use orange juice.  But they don't taste like orange?  Lately I have been craving citrus.  I am probably low on Vitamin C!  I had grapefruit this morning.  You should utilize HCDH as your marathon crew.  

Damaris, enjoy whatever workout you do.  

Sue, happy Mardi Gras!  I did have a paczki.  

Kat, hope you see some bluebonnets!  My mom starts driving me crazy after about an hour...

Margaret, your HR was in the 30's?  What is it when you are resting?  Nonexistent?    I am following a plan from RunSmart Online, which Karen also uses.  I am doing the half marathon plan, for a half in early April.

Cathy

Well, be careful what you ask for... the RD of Dinosaur Valley decided to be aggressive in growing the event and offered a $100 discount on the 100 miler for the first 50 to sign up. Nicole (secret ultra girl from Rocky Raccoon) tagged me on the post and ... well... I am now signed up for 100 miles on Nov 21 outside of Dallas. The 50 spots are taken but the RD posted this today: "But I will continue to honor the code through Wednesday (tomorrow) night, so what I need you all to do is recruit some crazy runners to join us. Remember to tell them the code RUN100MILES and to get on it and register now! Share this post on your social media and to your running groups, and let's fill this race with lots of 100 milers this year. Registration page: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=75986

Don't forget to tell them that there's a belt buckle with a dino skull AND the shape of Texas waiting for them at the finish line!!" There are other distances down to 5 miles. I know Kat is in! 

Sorry I know noone cares that I run ultras but me. LOL Generous cutoffs and about 9k total elevation with no water crossings. 

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – I didn’t recognize any of those Mexican dishes.  LOL..that shows how often I eat Mexican. I like tacos! I agree with the 8 today.

Susan – Do you do anything special for Mardi Gras? I am tempted to buy a King Cake.  I hope your MIL can get her money back!

Kathryn – I think we have had this discussion before – FRENCH TOAST FOR THE WIN! I have it quite frequently. Have a great time today!

Cathy – Is there really orange juice in orange rolls?! LOL. Who knew? My mom always bought the Pillsbury ones. So good. I guess you can taste a hint of citrus, but not much. You just need to try them! I will make them for you when I come in October LOL. Nice run this morning! I bet that massage felt good. Hopefully your snow comes here instead! 😊. I would totally utilize HCDH but don’t want to rely on it. What if he messes up and doesn’t show?! Or falls asleep!? 😊

Lisa – Don’t say sorry! We are excited for you! I love reading/watching you run these crazy ultras! I am living through you 😉 AWESOME!!!

Have a good evening everyone!

Anonymous Guest

I had the dreaded 4x2 mile tempo on the schedule today. I did not complete the workout. I got the Stryd pod (foot pod that measures power) and was going to run with it on today for the first time. I put the little holder under my shoelaces and clicked it in. I glanced down about a mile in (nearing the end of my warm up, so going nice and easy) and it was there. The thing costs $200, so I wanted to make sure it was still there. I did the first 2 2 mile tempos. They were hard. 3 minute recoveries and I decided to walk them. I looked down after the second interval and the Stryd had come off my shoe! No idea when, as I was up to 5.8 miles at this point. I decided to abort the workout and retrace my steps and look for the thing. That was another 5 miles of running, and I did not find it. I was upset. I posted on Nextdoor, because most of the run was in the neighborhood next to mine so they wouldn't see it in our neighborhood facebook group. Then I emailed Stryd. Told them i lost it on my first run, I followed the directions, but it was probably user error. Didn't think they could do anything about it, but was just disappointed and wanted them to know in case there was some sort of issue with the little holder thingy. Then I took a nap, and when I got up an hour later, I had an email that they were sending me another one! That is some awesome customer service. I was really kicking myself. I still am, but it hurts less now that I'm getting a replacement and didn't spend $200 and get nothing out of it.

FRENCH TOAST FOR THE WIN!

I second this.

Lisa, I care!

After my emotional roller coaster of a run, I got nothing for personals. DH gets home tonight (yay!). Camping this weekend, then he's gone again all next week. I think the recent travel is partly making him want to move up his retirement date. Who schedules a big week-long meeting in March in Chicago? Having grown up in Illinois, he was not amused.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, Karen! Glad they are sending you a new one. I love mine and so far (knock on wood!) it has not come off once!

Damaris

Well, be careful what you ask for... the RD of Dinosaur Valley decided to be aggressive in growing the event and offered a $100 discount on the 100 miler for the first 50 to sign up. Nicole (secret ultra girl from Rocky Raccoon) tagged me on the post and ... well... I am now signed up for 100 miles on Nov 21 outside of Dallas. The 50 spots are taken but the RD posted this today: "But I will continue to honor the code through Wednesday (tomorrow) night, so what I need you all to do is recruit some crazy runners to join us. Remember to tell them the code RUN100MILES and to get on it and register now! Share this post on your social media and to your running groups, and let's fill this race with lots of 100 milers this year. Registration page: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=75986

Don't forget to tell them that there's a belt buckle with a dino skull AND the shape of Texas waiting for them at the finish line!!" There are other distances down to 5 miles. I know Kat is in! 

Sorry I know noone cares that I run ultras but me. LOL Generous cutoffs and about 9k total elevation with no water crossings. 

I'm in!  Signed up for the 100.  Might change distance but TBD.  That's cheaper than many 50k races around here.  Just being a smart shopper.

Karen, glad that the company is giving you a new foot pod.  Which tells me the pods must get lost a lot and that's built into the cost.

Lizzie, YUM on blueberry pancakes.  And also banana pancakes.  I loved those Pillsbury rolls that came in the tube.  Wonder if they still make them...

Damaris, lol on IHOP birthday pancakes.  Haven't had one of those for years!

CrasySue, happy Fat Tuesday!  Did you have some King Cake?

Kat, I'd be delighted to have a work uniform consisting of scrubs or sweats.

Turtles, my HR was 36 initially, and she did a double take and hooked me up to a different thing, which showed 39.  I never check my HR, hopefully I have one while resting.  Apparently I need more excitement in my life.  

No running today, something hard-ish tomorrow.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I used to get them the day before marathons! I need to do that before Carmel since IHOP is nearby. BTW, glad the colonoscopy went well.

Damaris