Womens Running

Warm Wednesday (Read 11 times)

Anonymous Guest

If Elina gets Cold Tuesday, I've got Warm Wednesday. One (hopefully) last gasp of summer heat today, which is why it's a rest day for me!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what I'm doing today, but it is not running! Not with a temp of 68 when I woke up and a predicted high of 97.

Lori, exciting news about your London trip. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

HCK, hearing something in the walls might only be toppled by then not hearing something in the walls and smelling something dead a few days later. Hope whatever it was just left you guys in peace.

Laura, yay on camping but yuck on that forecast! We actually have rain in the forecast next week (hooray) but I hope it doesn't make things messy for Ragnar Trail Texas the following weekend.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

My last few runs bring much doubt in my mind about Sunday's performance. Ihope it's just a mild case of HM Madness. They've been a struggle. And they've only been in the 3.5 mile range. That said,  barring injury I WILL complete my race. I can  comfortably walk a half in about 3.5 hours. My main goal is sub 3 hour which should be reasonable.  My shoot for the stars goal is 2:45 which is possible but not likely. I believe it will be in the 255 range. Weather is supposed to be 35 at the start and then warm up.  Sadly my capris bit the dust so I will wear shorts and either a long sleeve or short sleeve with throwaway arm warmers.

Our Airbnb was approved! So now we've basically doubled our budget. Lol  We're going to stay for 10 days vs 7. But be part of history! It wasn't our original plan to do this,  we only wanted to visit and tour but since the possibility came up how could we not try? (Our original date was May9-16. We're now scheduled for May2-12) . I'm so stoked. Realistically we will only see the backs of someone's head during the parade or whatever they do but at least we will be part of the atmosphere.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have either 4 or a 45 minute bike ride. Not sure what to do since I fell on the empty step (the one they took out to work on the staircase yesterday) on my way down from upstairs last night with the bad leg of course. Fortunately, it was the first step so I just stepped in but the extra 5-6'" of empty air surprise kind of tweak the same achy knee. Sigh.

Karen, and I was bitching with my high of 75F.

Lori, you can do it! And congrats on getting to meet the king!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles with a short interval workout. Everything felt good, so naturally Garmin says I was unproductive. Thanks watch.

AnonymousGuest, I'm a little worried whatever it was will be dead in the walls. DH sprayed wasp spray and said whatever was in there was not happy.

BerthaSlayer, at least the weather sounds good for your race. Hopefully it's just taper madness.

Docket, yikes on the missing step.

LC Runs

Rainy and dark morning, so just 2.7 miles. I also did an upper body weight workout.

Karen - it started out warm this morning but the temps are quickly falling. Yes, this weekend is still looking gross. We'll see how it plays out LOL  Have fun at Ragnar Trail, I want to do a Ragnar!!

Lori - I hope the weather is okay for you on Sunday. I think the rain is more Northern Michigan so you should be okay!  Whoo hoo on your London trip, glad the Air BnB worked out!

Damaris - ugh on the missed step. Hope you have a good workout!

Kathi - great workout!!  Garmin is dumb ha ha!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 miles with a short interval workout. Everything felt good, so naturally Garmin says I was unproductive. Thanks watch.

AnonymousGuest, I'm a little worried whatever it was will be dead in the walls. DH sprayed wasp spray and said whatever was in there was not happy.

BerthaSlayer, at least the weather sounds good for your race. Hopefully it's just taper madness.

Docket, yikes on the missing step.

Oh, boy. Things on the walls never end well.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oh, boy. Things on the walls never end well.

Hoping it was in a vent as opposed to the actual wall.