Womens Running

Thursday (Read 13 times)

Anonymous Guest

Even though I haven't posted a lot the last couple weeks, I need you ladies! How else am I going to remember what day it is? (Also for your love and support, of course.)

It is good to be back home. I think I will go for a short run today! I haven't gone since I got the call about my dad. I also need groceries. Speaking of, when we left town in a hurry and left the turkey in the fridge thawing, I also apparently forgot to put anything underneath it. We came home to turkey blood all over the refrigerator. We had to basically dismantle the entire thing to get everything clean. Dismantling required youtube videos. I found one to get the bottom shelf out and within the first thirty seconds it said "do not try to remove these clips, they will break and they are expensive to replace." I brought it over to show DH, who then showed me the clip he just broke......turns out they don't do anything but hold the glass in when you finally do get the shelf loose with different clips.

Margaret, great race and report. I don't know if I could have gone back out there. When Kathryn texted me and said something like "funny story I have to tell you at some point" I was not expecting that! Great job getting that second hundo!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Karen - Glad you are home, but Ugh, on that Turkey mess!   I am so sorry  for the loss of your father, he sounds like he was an amazing man - guess we know where you got your awesomeness from   From FB, looks like your family had a wonderful

reunion and I’m sure your father would be so happy about that. Hope you get your running mojo back now that you are home.  

Margaret - I just read your RR…you are certainly an official bada#$ for going back out there for that loop!!!  That shows what you are truly made of!!!  Kudos to you for your accomplishment!  

Hi to all, hope everyone is doing good!  I do try to keep up reading, and always post in my head..LOL, just doesn’t make it to the keyboard.

Life is good, I am still running   I went with a couple of friends and did the Corning Wineglass Half, was an awesome race. Followed by many wine tasting excursions! Also did a 10k Turkey trot, and am doing a Christmas 10k Saturday.  

Carol

Spin class was good.  Glad I got up. Cold front moved in last night. Brought plants in. Tomorrow it will be warmer. Move plants out. lol

So busy!!  Last night was soup supper and Advent services.  Tonight is quilt guild party. Tomorrow night we are decorating gingerbread houses and maybe cookies (if grandma has time to bake) with the grands.

I've been in the office every day this week to work on shrimp samples. I should be done by lunch today--last stinky sample needs to be cooked, packed and frozen. I hope I don't stink out the whole building!!!

Karen, glad you are home safe.  Yuck on the turkey mess.

Elina--DH is really into World Cup this year. We'll watch the Saturday game.

Later y'all!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! I have 5 miles soon. Then some errands, lunch and relax. I can't believe my vacation is almost over.

Karen, yikes! Glad you are home, but that sounded like a disaster. Hoping your fridge is back to normal now.

Carol, nice job on the race and glad you enjoyed the trip.

Sue, I haven't moved my plants outdoor this year at all. Either too hot or too cold for the delicate bitches. LOL.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Carol, great to see you! I think a friend from here (my realtor) went up with her friends to Wineglass. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Susan, you sound busy! Early start to Christmas stuff for sure. I know you'll enjoy it all, probably more so if you can get out of the office and have some downtime as well.

Damaris, your week off has gone really fast. I'm thinking about signing up for the miles game again after all.

A few random tidbits you all probably don't care about but on my mind after spending over a week with the family:

My mom is 80 years old and on no medication except a multivitamin. And if I look at my sister's health and mine, I inherited her health (my sister got many of my dad's issues). If she doesn't outlive us all, I will. She did have colon cancer in her 50s, but would combine her trips to St. Louis for chemo with shopping - she's tough.

My sister is 57 years old and hasn't gone through menopause yet!

My sister-in-law is angry and mean. She was super nice around the family at least, but I guess there's a reason we see my brother and his son, but never her. She holds grudges from perceived slights from ten years ago! My mom says she thinks she has mental problems, DH says no, she's just an asshole.

I am glad my sister married a hunter - we brought home a lot of deer meat.

My sister's ex came to the funeral, which was awkward. I know he thought the world of my dad, but he also treated my sister like crap and is lucky his kids still speak to him. He wanted to come to the visitation but her daughter told him absolutely not.

The people that work in funeral homes are some of the nicest and most compassionate people around. I could not do what they do.

The funeral home took my dad's thumbprint and I'm thinking about getting it on a keychain or pendant. Is that weird or morbid?

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Karen it is not weird or morbid. I'm so sorry about your dad.

Just the usual 5 for me today.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Anonymous Guest

Oh, I forgot my favorite random thing from the trip back home. My mom has a friend named, get this, Sandy Claus. I met her at the visitation and thought I heard her wrong. I did not hear her wrong.

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest,  that fridge would need to be burned.  Poultry drippings sleeve me.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Bikerchick1, great to see ya and glad you're running.   I'll be 80 in two weeks and still running (in fact, 2+ weeks after a "hystie".)

Karen, I'm glad you are back safe. I was thinking about you with the travel and everything else. Sorry about the turkey cleanup. The funeral home people are very kind and helpful. They are also ready for unusual situations. An example: several years ago a neighbor here died. There was a mighty "roar" at the funeral home when 39 Hell's Angels arrived to attend the funeral.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns