Womens Running

Weekendailies (Read 10 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Whatcha got?

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I ran with hubby today. 5 miles.

Appears that the factories on your side of the border are striking. Over here, Ford workers decide Sunday night. It doesn't look good. Not sure when Stellantis workers decide. Over here, we decide one company at a time.

Lori

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5K race and it was a bit slower than the prior one, but not by much. Hillier but better paced.

Ugh, I didn't mention that while hanging out with the running group at the beer tent, a wasp or yellowjacket stung me. Inside the arm. It's not swollen but the red area burns. FFS.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Damaris, those sting bites are the worst. I remember being at a trail race and afterwards having a beer (or three, don't judge me). I was stung on the lip when I didn't notice it on my beer can. I went to get Benadryl for the swelling. That combined with the fatigue of the race, heat and beer, knocked me out. I went back to my tent and slept and slept and slept and slept. I had a good sized swelling and some itching for a few days. Thankfully I didn't swallow that stupid creature nor was I overly allergic other than some swelling. Hope yours isn't too severe.

Lori

Anonymous Guest

We’re back on the road. Camping at a lake north of Durango at 11,000 feet. Any higher elevation and we’ve learned our heater doesn’t work, so glad it fired up when DH tested it!

The Colorado Trail goes right by here, but I am exhausted from dog wrangling. Will go for a little run tomorrow and call this a cutback week.

Nice job on the race Damaris!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles this morning. Another fall-like morning.

BerthaSlayer, is it one union for the US companies but one for each of the Canadian ones?

Docket, nice job on the 5k. Ouch on the sting.

AnonymousGuest, enjoy the camping.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 miles this morning. Another fall-like morning.

BerthaSlayer, is it one union for the US companies but one for each of the Canadian ones?

Docket, nice job on the 5k. Ouch on the sting.

AnonymousGuest, enjoy the camping.

The two unions split decades ago. Both have similar goals but differ in how they try to achieve them. For example, the UAW have always fought for profit sharing while we opted for COLA increases which normally are more guaranteed (although many over here want profit sharing as well or at least a hybrid). The US side  has the UAW representing the 3 major companies and the Canadian side has Unifor (formerly the CAW) representing the three companies. Contracts at all three end at the same time and TYPICALLY the respective unions choose one company to potentially strike first, make a bargain and then go to the next company and so on. It's the same union for each company. However this time, the American UAW are using a new strategy and striking all three at the same time which is very unusual. Our side is continuing with one at a time. I honestly have no idea how this will end. Pay increases and the elimination of the two tiered system are always what get mentioned in the news but I also feel that it's the benefits we gave up in 2009 that people want to see return or at least some of them (and they were substantial). Not to mention that retirees haven't seen any increase since then. It's frustrating and I get a lot of anxiety at contract time for obvious reasons. I really hope cooler heads prevail and any strike doesn't last long because nobody ever recoups their finances from a prolonged strike.

Lori

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, those sting bites are the worst. I remember being at a trail race and afterwards having a beer (or three, don't judge me). I was stung on the lip when I didn't notice it on my beer can. I went to get Benadryl for the swelling. That combined with the fatigue of the race, heat and beer, knocked me out. I went back to my tent and slept and slept and slept and slept. I had a good sized swelling and some itching for a few days. Thankfully I didn't swallow that stupid creature nor was I overly allergic other than some swelling. Hope yours isn't too severe.

Ironically, I was drinking a beer at the time of the sting. At 7:30am.

Damaris

Happy weekend to all.  I volunteered at a trail race today and then visited my dad after.  Pooped even though I didn't run.

Lori, I was wondering if the strike here affected you.  I hope it's resolved without too much drama, but that's probably not likely.

Damaris, nice race other than the bee sting.

Karen, you're up pretty high!  But sounds nice being by the CO trail.

HCK, nice miles, yay for fall weather.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

11.5 miles today. I think it's my longest since Carmel

Lori

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, remember the yellowjacket sting? It's taken half of my arm. Now it fucking itches. It hasn't gotten better quickly like many friends told me it would. It looks like a bad reaction to my allergy shots.

I ran 10.

Damaris

Nice 5 mile walk this morning, longest I’ve done all month.  I feel like signing up for races again, but I will wait until I’m running again. Have some free race credit from a local RD burning a hole in my pocket…

Damaris, has Dr. DH assessed your bee sting reaction?

Lori, nice miles!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR