Womens Running

Terrific Tuesday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

camille2

I hope everyone has a terrific day.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Camille 2, I was just reading yesterday's thread and you popped in! I always have a terrible time thinking of what to name the thread.

Virginia123, we had robins down here yesterday! I am so encouraged by their presence. We need an end to winter.

Yesterday I had tea with a friend, did errands and got groceries. By the time I got home it was late so I made it a rest day.

Today will be an errand, then a fun run on the gym track. I really look forward to it.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Judy, I usually just wait to post till you've posted and named it.  : )

Lisa, it sounds like running yesterday was a good decision. I don't miss those temperatures.  Is the DD's BF a serious one?

Karen, that sounds like a great shopping service for you.  Is Boston the only race you   have coming up?

Marjorie, I HATE changing accountants. We used the same CPA in Fairbanks for years and I kept him the first 3 winters I spent here. He did all the estate stuff, the IRS audit, etc. so we got to know each other well. He set the bar high, a smart guy, who finished them in July or August.   I miss him a lot and only changed to save money.  With AK prices, he's frightfully expensive, a few thousand compared to hundreds here. Your acct is  a bargain!  I haven't found a match here and I've used 3  in 5 years! : )  The first made a big basic mistake that screwed up both returns and I had to pay to have them redone.  The other two  finished them so last minute that I've sweated getting them by the deadlines.  (I have two returns with different deadlines and always let my accts do extensions because tax season is awful for them.)   Last year, even though she'd had both returns for MONTHS, by the first Sept 15 deadline she'd only finished one, meaning another 80+mile trip to pick up in Oct..  The year before, I had to take a check on April 15-she called that morning.  The other last minute guy had  at least finished them both Sept 15.  I thought  that was too last minute until I had her!  : )    I'm trying a firm in town with 3 CPA's in town this year, figuring at least a last minute trip will be a quick one.

It was very nice yesterday and I went to Amicalola and hiked to the top of the falls-605 steps plus some uphill trail.  I wanted to test hip on  hills before my last PT tomorrow.  It's a bit achy, but not bad.  If it's ok this afternoon, I'll run 2, otherwise will wait till tomorrow. It's supposed to snow in the hills tonight.  Wild temps here.

Have a great day, everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille I know they are a good bargain. I think because they are in a very rural farm area?  Don't know. But, they do a great job so we don't ever worry. We will have everything back probably by the third week in March. They are fast too!

Put iff iff my run but need to get out there.  Have some research to do because I have a guy wanting to do something in his center I just don't even think a PT can or should do. Two of my fellow workers agree so far. It is hard  just because anothrr therapist does it in his area doesn't mean it is right (We believe it is way outside scope if practice). At least he has written the state board to get an opinion. That will help

and, the guy is coming Thursday to tell me what can be done to customize our closet and the pantry. I'm very excited!

Marjorie

Howdy!!  I went to Texas over the weekend for the Cowtown Half Marathon in Ft Worth.  Had a great time and it was nice to run through and visit family and friends.

Quick RR:  Beautiful day!!  I ran in a tank top and shorts.  Perfect.  I followed my race plan, but I think I had not completely recovered from the HM two weeks ago.  I could not get my pace faster than 9:30 and my hips were still really sore.  2:04:44.  Oh well.

Trying to catch up on everything today.

ginnyb

Sue...sounds like a great pace to me!  Good job and I envy you your t-shirt and shorts running attire!  Long ways away from that here.

Judy....I there are some signs of spring coming eventually, but the snow this morning didn't help.

marjorie.....nice job getting the painting done.  I don't like to paint, I am very messy.

Did my 3 mile Dvd walk/run  this morning

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Got my race registration for the Mighty Niagara in my email this morning.  This is the race registration that I won on Pace per Mile on facebook!  I am still excited that I won!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Karen, Carol and whoever I missed--I am thinking of getting a new tri bike with my tax refund.  What do y'all ride?  I am thinking Cannondale Slice (if I can find a deal), Cervelo P2, QR or Scott.

Karen--my stupid state taxes were the same way.  I had to print and send.  ;(  Irritating!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.2 this morning. Pilates later.

Ginny I am the opposite. I'm not ver messy when I paint.

Waves to everyone

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys,

Waiting for this work day to be over so I can go home and ride my bicycle in the basement. It was snowing all morning here, but luckily not sticking. I need spring. Soon.

Susan, I have a QR Dulce. Love it. Mine was one the LBS had on the floor for about a year and had to move for new models. So we got a really good deal on it (plus the store owners are friends of ours). What I've learned from DH, the cyclist, it that the most important thing is fit. I got fit by the owner/friend of ours who is very well known for it. It was actually a pretty cool experience. He was telling me during the fit that the bike I got was very good for the price, and that where they "went cheap" to keep the price low was the saddle and the aero bars, so we upgraded both of those things. You will probably want to replace the saddle no matter what you get. I don't think you can go wrong with the brands you listed.

Camille, I have some shorter races, but Boston is my only spring marathon. I'm actually doing a duathlon the weekend before Boston, which I'm sure people will think is a stupid thing to do, but I want to do it and do well (there are specific people that I really want to beat). To the point that I've eased up on my Boston goals and am running that more for fun (I still want to BQ by 10 minutes or so, but not going to try to turn myself inside out and try to break 3:30, will save that for fall). I'm also racing a half in my hometown in IL a month after Boston and I think I have a chance of top 3 overall in that one (not a lot of fast runners in the middle of nowhere, I guess). And I'm doing a 5K in March in DC and a 10 miler my running club is putting on the first weekend in April. Fall is still up in the air - I'm running Baltimore since I got a free entry, but the race I was going to do for my goal marathon is the weekend of our 20th anniversary, so depends on if we decide to do something big to celebrate.

Glad the hip is not too achy.

Ginny, it so cool that you won that free race registration. I keep entering and the winner is never anyone I know. Except that time!

Marjorie, the work thing sounds frustrating.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ran a mile on hotel treadmill (they are not created equal) and biked too. blew all with dumb airport panini and a brownie. Oh well. Will be awhile until I want either again.

Flying out of Chicago cold but bringing it with me to Detroit I'm sure.

Sue-nice time for an "off day!"

Karen- run smarter not faster-that's how I placed although you can do both!

marjorie-hope the work thing comes out for the best.

Camille-nice stair climbing!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies.  I was cleared for biking and walking, woot!  I biked yesterday and walked today.  Bike tomorrow.

Carol, LOL.  You can tell he is not a runner, or he wouldn't necessarily wants to come back down to the heat.

I got a TM.  I cannot deal with our weather anymore especially during marathon training.  It was still 85F when I went down for my walk and it was already dark.  Ugh.

Damaris