Womens Running

Monday Has Reappeared (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile  We are here to commiserate, hug and soothe.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was SDO since I did classes all day. (It wasn’t at Chautauqua, but held at a nearby community college. Classes are made up of retired people.)Classes were interesting in content, taught by well informed people (all of whom had some trouble with their technical visual aids). Wink Tight lips

Saturday I did 40 minutes of cardio DVD.

Sunday Buddy and I did 55 minutes out on the trail. We started in the dark, so it’s a good thing we’ve been running that asphalt for almost 18 years. At home I did 20 minutes of cardio DVD. Then in the afternoon I laced up my trail shoes and did 40 minutes on a wooded trail with a friend. Woodland trails can be such a joy! Big grin

Question: My feet get sore overall when I do trails wearing my trail shoes. They are the least expensive New Balance variety. Are there really comfortable stability/cushioned trail shoes out there? Or is it a typical thing for shoes that have hard soles to protect our feet from nasty rocks, etc.?

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Where is everyone?

10.2 for me in the rain.

Judy cant ant help as I'm not a trail runner. I would guess the stiffer shoe would contribute As it gives differently than a normal road shoe

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Group Power class had a new routine this morning.  Nice to do something different.

Tropical Storm Karen was just a a big thunderstorm by the time it got to my house.  Did get alot of rain.  IDK how much, but my yard was flooded.  There was so much rain on the driveway the big ice chest was floating.  Jake must have thought it was an alien or something--he kept barking at it.

Party for my running friend's recent Ironman race went well.  15 showed up (and my house is not very big).  Pizzas were a hit, the smoke detectors did not go off, and a good time was had by all.  Jake and Ben were so calm and well behaved--good thing, because it was too wet to leave them outside.  When everyone left I said good bye at the door and Jake snatched some pizza slices off the stove!  Stinker!  At least he left me two slices for lunch today.

Cooler weather blew in sometime late last night.  Nice and breezy today.  Finally got a little fall weather.

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, I just wear regular neutral shoes on the trail so not sure how much help I am.

Marjorie, were you expecting your dad and wife to stay much longer?

Lisa, thank you for volunteering this year, next year you will be back! Glad they measured definite hamstring strength gain.

Susan, crazy rain all right. I would be very ticked off if one of the animals stole my pizza! I'm surprised Deuce wasn't swiping it, knowing what chowhounds Labs are.

Karen, thanks for volunteering at Ragnar. Ugh on the headache. Get that AC ficsed!

8 Saturday morning, 4 Sunday morning, no run this morning. No change on the home front. I'm not sure how long I can continue doing this.

Tessa--luckily Deuce was not present for the party.  Woulda been just too much dog!  Deuce has not taken food off the stove...yet.  Jake is the master counter surfer!  Keep smiling!  Been keeping you and your family in my prayers.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa yes. We thought they would be here until today. Not complaining though.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Rest day here. Weather forecast for Sunday continues to look good. I kept myself busy today with some of the painting I've been putting off for the last few months - nothing like waiting until the week before going back to work to get all those unemployment projects done! I wanted to ride my bike on the trainer (rainy day here) but I didn't...not in the taper plan. My only exercise was the painting, walking the dog and walking around Target to buy some things.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Judy-I find that I need to have the "ballistic rock shield" type of shoes.. Brooks Cascadias are my favs. New Balance does have a tougher shoe but you do have to look for ones that specify rock shield.  Otherwise my feet feel bruised from rocky trails... well, at least they used to. So while stiff, it may not be protective enough. Many of the ultra runners are now switching from those minimal shoes to Hokas which are very cushioned, and very expensive.

Good PT today, 20 minutes running at 50-55% body weight. Leg not perfect but getting better.

Lisa