Womens Running

Fun Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. I just think Wednesday should be a day when we try to do something fun for ourselves. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was 35 minutes running on the track, then 25 minutes of cardio DVD at home. I’m still a little sore from the bike ride and hiking steep hills. However, they are *good* kinds of hurts.

Today’s workout will be similar to yesterday’s.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning. I'm off the rest the week since dad should be here tomorrow. Need to go run here in a moment.

Tessa sa glad Hospice is there. So very sorry you have to deal with this. It is so very difficult.

Marjorie

LC Runs

4.2 this morning, same route as yesterday.  My routes are limited in the dark lol

Judy - nice workouts!

Marjorie - enjoy the run and hope the visit with Dad goes okay

Tessa - (((hugs))) glad to hear Hospice is coming in, but what a stressor

ginnyb

First run in 10 days, 3 miles and felt great!  Went into a mini-slump after the Half, but I'm back!

Rockin' my Cleveland Indian gear this morning!  WE are allowed to wear Jeans to work today as long as we wear something displaying the Cleveland Indians.  Go tribe!!  So exciting, can't wait for the game tonight.

Tessa....thinking of you and all that you have on your plate right now.  Hospice should lighten your load quite a bit.

Marjorie....have a nice visit with Dad.  Hope all goes well.  Nice to have the rest of the week off.

Morning Judy, and LCruns!  Hi to all that follow.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!  Group Power class this morning was tough.  Still in muscle recovery mode here.

Day 2 of government shutdown.  My office is exempt.  Very quiet at the lab today.  Did have a choice of parking spaces though.

Damaris--I didn't know you worked for the federal government.  Hope you can enjoy some down time.

Rainy day here.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.4 since I thought 20K would be fun. Now just hanging out. Just a few odds and ends to do.

Sue ure nice report in your race.

Laura nothing ing wrong with limiting your routes in the dark so you won't fall

Ginny I see a lot of people doing Tribe day in Ohio today.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Hi, everyone. Sorry for the furloughed. I wish the people who are holding the country hostage because they're not getting their way and trying to score some campaign points for next year would learn to play more nicely with others.

Susan, you're considered crucial -- does that mean you still get paid, can I ask?

And congratulations on the HIM!

Hospice -- a relief, but certainly not like having Dan in a facility. DS and I are still doing the heavy lifting (literally) and I'm the one getting up at night. Last night I closed my bedroom door to try and get some sleep and DH got out of bed unassisted (so he CAN do it) and tottered into the hallway with his walker to yell so I would hear. I was not pleased. He could have fallen. Hospice does not provide 24/7 care or anywhere near. But they do send in people more often, provide meds and supplies and a much more comfortable bed than the one the home health agency arranged, and gave their blessing to our discontinuing most of his meds and not worrying about blood sugar or a low sodium diet. Yes, DH had chocolate chip cookies for lunch and a hot dog for dinner. That was what he wanted.

No run this morning, I decided an extra hour of sleep was more important. I'm at work so will go run at lunch.

Bikerchick1

Judy - What a  good idea to do something for ourselves!

Crazysue - What an awesome HIM report and race!!!  Sounded like you really enjoyed it!!!  Congrats!

Tessa - Guess I was hoping Hospice would be there more for you.  I worry about you getting physically exhausted....not even mentioning your emotional/mental state.  Did I read right about discontinuing most of his meds?  I certainly can understand not caring about diet at this point...Good thing your a very strong woman...hugs.

Marjorie - Hoping for a great visit with your Dad and wife.

LCruns - It is dark now in am isn't it Sad   the trees are really starting to turn now tho....gotta love fall in Michigan!

Ginny - Glad you are out of your mini-slump!

Had a fun 5 miler this am!

Carol

Tessa--Yes, my office is considered essential, so we are working and will be paid.  The payroll folks are on furlough, so I am guessing we will be paid when they return.  Thank goodness I just got paid and next pay day is in two weeks, so hopefully they will be back by then.  Stupid.  Just discussed the tropical storm in the gulf.  There are only two people working at this time in the entire building who can lift any weight (me and Judy).  Everyone else has health problems and cannot lift.  Hope they allow additional folks to come in for storm prep if we need it.  silly...

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, yes, we have discontinued most of his medications. He's lost so much weight that his blood sugar doesn't fluctuate as it used to -- 60 pounds in 3 months -- and some of the meds were not necessary. You don't need meds to reduce prostate swelling if you have an indwelling catheter, for instance.

Susan, good luck -- what storm in the Gulf?  The only active one I see is Jerry and that's 'way out in the middle of the Atlantic.

7 miles on the TM at lunch. Sorely needed.