Womens Running

Finally Fridailies!!! (Read 12 times)

Woohooo!!!!

I walked the pups and ran 3 miles this morning.  Finally.  I got a new pair of Hokas yesterday so i figured I'd better get my happy ass out there.

Had fun swimming with the grands yesterday.  They are getting old enough to tell you a few words when they want something.  Popsicles are always a yes!  And omg--they have been swimming so much that you have to put on their floaties as soon as they go outside bc they go straight for the pool and hop in. Thank goodness there were 3 adults here to chase them.

Kat--poor puppy! Yay on the run!

Damaris--Ugh on the peopling.

Karen--Enjoy camping

Hi HCK, Margaret and Lori!

TGIF!  Sun is out, it’s going to be a beautiful day.  Walked a few miles after work yesterday. Probably do the same today.  Just gotta get some work done in the meantime, meh. 

CrazySue, yay for new shoes!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have an RD but likely will lift.

Sue, yay for new shoes!

Margaret, enjoy the beautiful day!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with a combo of tempo and faster intervals. Last day if the heat wave.

CrazySue,  your afternoon sounds fun.

GatsbyBird, ugh, work. Started my day off with "why is my paycheck...." questions.  I can't access pay stubs, only pay rates, so waiting on them to send copies.

Docket, enjoy your rest day.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Semi short check in.  On my phone because I’m too lazy to sit up and use my laptop.  

Sue, swimming with the grands sounds fun.  Glad your “happy ass” got a few miles in.  

Margaret, sun is out here too, but that makes our day miserable….   Sigh.  Enjoy your walk later. 

Damaris, enjoy your RD. 

Kathi, glad your heatwave is over.  Sounds like a tough run. 

I got a HOT 5 walking in.  I didn’t go out to 10/10:30.  Mistake.  I just took it easy with a walk.  Miles are miles and I need to get back at it seriously.  

Hot here, BUT it will cool off next week into the mid/low 90’s.  Woot.  

Puppy seems fine now as long as he’s getting chicken.  

Working all weekend.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I will stop complaining about people showing up on our doorstep. We are having lots of fun. Going to see some stuff and camp some places we wanted to all summer but just kinda procrastinated on. The people we're hanging with have the coolest cat, and our dogs love him. I have decided I don't have to win my marathon end of October and can be a little less obsessive with my running. If I have to walk a bunch, I have to walk a bunch - it's a trail race with longer distances so there's absolutely no time pressure.

We're back at our place now and will head back out Sunday or Monday for 3-4 days, then come back here for a few days before heading on a longer 2-week trip, where we'll meet up with another couple (and their dog, who the fellas also love) as well. I will run when I can, but not freak out about it if I miss a run here or there.

HCK, the starlink is for RVs and it basically satellite communication and internet anywhere. Kind of expensive for us right now (I think I read $120/month), but a lifesaver for those that live and work from their van/camper. I think not that far down the road satellite will make cell towers and some internet provider types obsolete.

Million things to do, so I'll go for now. If I don't get back on, enjoy your weekend everyone!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel