Womens Running

Finally Fridailies!!! (Read 12 times)

Whoop!!!

Pouring rain this morning, so no run.

Lori--They had me do a sleep study and found that I have sleep apnea and stop breathing 9-10 x an hour at night, which was resulting in a low heart rate.  I hate admitting that I need a CPAP, but I sleep SO much better and feel so rested! And I was also glad I didn't need a pacemaker.

Have a great weekend!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! It's my off Friday. I have 3 later.

I fell in the Costco parking lot yesterday. Legs are fine, yay. Lip? Not so much, lol.

I was going to suggest a sleep study for Lori as well. I think that lower HR can happen with sleep apnea too.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I had an awesome run this morning. 6 miles. Amazing how good a run can feel after four days off.

I was a bit worried because yesterday I tripped over the hose DH was using to rinse the bikes off. I didn't fall all the way down, but caught myself on the brick wall of the house. My arm is bruised, but no big deal. The concern was my lower back on one side and my butt on the other side both sore this morning, probably from the jarring of hitting the wall - literally. Nothing hurt when I ran though, so yay. Now if nothing would hurt when I just walk around, I'd be happy.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, good thoughts to you.

Sue, bummer on the rain.  I'd skip too.

Damaris, that sucks about the fall and lip.  Glad it wasn't worse.

Karen, woot on the great run!

7 OK miles today.  3 run/walk, 2 brisk walk, 2 slow.  Better than yesterday's 4 total.  I had some soreness yesterday, but not today.  Woot.  Hoping for a few miles on Sunday after work.

Not much else.  Relaxing now this afternoon/evening.  Work tomorrow to Wed.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, ouchie on the lip (and the rest of the poor body) hitting the asphalt. :::HUGS:::

Karen, I'm so sorry about your fall  as well !  You might feel the effects a few days from now.

Kats, it sounds like your ankle is improving. Best of luck that it will continue. 

Sue, I'm glad you are getting some rest relief from your medical stuff. 

Ran all week on TM, now 2 days off. Bunion is happier this way so far. DC got his new furnace installed early yesterday and is set with carbon monoxide detectors. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just under 7 this morning and strength training after work. Today's work day dragged.

CrazySue, your rain is coming my way.

Docket, ouch, hope you're ok.

AnonymousGuest, ouch, that sounds painful.

KatS, how's the ankle? Seems like it must be feeling better.

judyruns, glad DC got the new furnace.

BerthaSlayer, I have no experience with the HR issues. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on.

I kept meaning to post this week, but then it got to be the end of the day, so I decided to do it the next day... etc. etc.  And here I am finally.  I was a little out of commission for a couple days after the race last Saturday.  Not sure what it was exactly, but it was more than the usual aches and whatnot.  Took a few days off.  Did 6 miles yesterday and seemed okay.  Doing a 25k tomorrow that's a benefit for the Bay Area Ridge Trail.  We've had a lot of wind and showers recently so it might be muddy tomorrow.  I don't know the trails that we'll be on so it'll be a surprise. Whatever the conditions, it'll likely be better than in the Sierras, which are under a blizzard warning.  Not the Dairy Queen kind of blizzard either.  A big trail race near Auburn tomorrow was canceled because they were worried about flash floods and trees coming down.  Seems reasonable.

Damaris, ouch of the fall.  You should sue Costco.  

CrazySue, hard to get motivated when it's pouring rain.

Karen, sounds like a successful trip (the one to Big Bend, not over the hose).

Kat, nice miles!  Sounds like your ankle is doing better.

Judy, scary about the carbon monoxide issue!  Glad it turned out okay but it was a good reminder for the rest of us.

TGIF!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR