Womens Running

SWEATY Weekends (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

HOwdy!  I decided to give the sore piriformis/hip another couple of days to rest, so I just walked Skye a couple of miles both mornings.

So busy yesterday:Watched baby Cameron in the morning....he is such a happy guy, but will NOT take a bottle! He went from 0630 until 2 pm! Held out till momma got home. They want to go out of town in two weeks, Nana and I will be sharing baby duties, but he has to take a bottle.

Came home and did chores:  Vacuumed, cut the grass, cleaned, laundry, grocery shopped and put away four more boxes, took stuff to Goodwill. Glad I got it done yesterday--DH is on his way home a day early. Rough seas and poor visibility (they were dropping video cameras to assess fish). Made a beautiful German Chocolate cake and cleaned the car. I'm glad he will be home--today is our first anniversary!!

Lizzie--enjoy the wedding prep. Sweet of y'all to take care of the pup.

Damaris--hope the knee is ok

Elina--hi!

Kat--some running days are better than others. Sucky to run in this heat.

HI Karen, Laura, Cathy!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Carol, Smile

HCK, nice job on the race!

Susan, sounds like a busy day.

My 16 went OK, I guess, because I finished, but the miles felt hard the whole way.  Hard to imagine finishing a marathon when 16 miles feel like forever, ha.  But I finished!  Knee didn't bug me until the last mile and it's because the top of the patella has a huge bruise.  You would think by now I know where all my tables are in the house, but nope.

Damaris

LC Runs

5.7 this morning, was a great run, even with my mom's hilly neighborhood!  We spent the afternoon up in Sutton's Bay, which is a cute little town north of Traverse City, I've run a couple of races in the area but never really checked out the town.  Then we went out for a late lunch.  The weather is perfect!!  I am now relaxing and thinking a nap is in order LOL

Damaris - nice 16 today!!

Karen - what a great picture and so cool you have a new group!

Elina - sounds like things are busy, but good,  Whoo hoo on the marathon training!

Kat - I really admire you heat and humidity people, so hard to run in!

Half K - it is less humid and cooler here today so you will be happy tomorrow when your weather shifts!

Cathy - nice 5 yesterday! I've noticed my pace has been pretty consistent over the past few weeks, I'm glad!

Lizzie - awww, enjoy dog sitting!  I get it, might as well get the hard stuff done during the work week so you can enjoy the weekend!

Carol - thank you, my mom is 74 and has less wrinkles than I do LOL!  Are you doing the Michigan Runner Girl 5k/10k in a couple of weeks (I saw you were 'interested')  I am volunteering and am really excited!

Sue - hope Cameron starts taking a bottle soon!!

Sweaty is right! Super humid and yesterday we were in upper 90's. Got lots of good miles in though. Friday morning the 4 in the morning then another 11 at night. Heard coyotes howling, saw deer watching us and got freaked out by a couple of other backpackers in the dark. Ended around 1am. Hard to get to sleep after that. Melatonin with a shot of bourbon helped at 2:30am. Got up and saw temps out were in the low 70's and made mistake of saying "I should be out there getting more miles but I don't want to.".... Guess who shoved me out of bed and told me not to come back for a few hours? LOL Got 10.5 in. Had considered more but found that my brain was getting fuzzy so opted to call it and head back. then we spent afternoon sitting in lounger chairs on his front lawn drinking a cold beer then wine spritzer. Nice! I had picked up $5 pizzas to bring to night run but forgot them so we have been eating cheap pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner (well at least me-ha!). Today had a college friend join us for our trail sisters run. She is a backpacker/hiker so we mainly power hiked but still fairly decent pace for as humid as it was on a small trail that we did multiple times before hitting the rail trail for a few more. Lots of storms have been passing through too with this weather. Going to a trivia night thing at a bar where Gene Myers (Quisp to those who have run Detroit marathon or have been on DWD team with us) is a trivia emcee. LOL Second career I guess.

Kat-I think it's just tm time for you down there. Or go out at night. Protein... she needs Protein! LOL That was funny but magically the bacon appeared! Don't get down on yourself. Maybe consider getting on that tm tonight and moving along while checking social media or watching a movie?

Diane-sweet! that is awesome that you can build off of holiday schedule! I have two friends that are looking at Run Amok race in December.

Judy-nice TM time.

Lizzie-focus that stress on a stress ball. LOL Just let it go. I've been eyeing spreadsheet too.. but a race calendar one. Ha! You two are doing lots of changes all at once so expect to hit stress. New job, wedding, new house, there was even a health scare not that long ago. I would say to find things to put on the back burner for now. Life can be like a pizza... you can cut it into as many pieces as possible but the more there are the less goodness is on them and the less anyone is happy with what they get. Good thing that you have running to relieve stress.

Laura-we will be wearing our Yaktrax soon enough.

Karen-congrats on the sign ups... and the sign that is up.

Damaris-don't know how you do it but kudos!

Elina- Good lessons being learned! Hmmm... time at aid stations.. hmmm..  anyone who has ever run with me knows that I spend too much time at aid stations.  We will be okay but I tend to .. um... keep people moving along at them. We will bring our baggies to fill so that we can eat as we walk. There is so much that you just can't really even train for but you're doing great and we will have a good time! 

HCK2-that is a lot of fluid with no potty wakeup calls! Drink more today! Congrats on not needing medical attention.

Cathy-Kettle does look great... there is a race on the trails too... Junkyard Dog but it's in July.

Carol-come and see us in Manistee or in Grand Rapids!

Sue-Have you signed up for Scorpion yet? busy day yesterday!

Lisa

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Run4kupcakes - Congratulations on the AG win today!!! Really awesome - because it is disgusting outside.

Carol - Your posts make me laugh! Smile Wohoo on the awesome run today! Is it a reverse taper type training plan? I have been interested in trying a new post marathon training plan.

Susan - Happy Anniversary! Its good that he is coming home a day early to celebrate Smile

Docket - Sorry that the run was hard - but its done!!

Laura - Aw, sounds like a great weekend with your mom! I took a nap today, too! I think for 2 hours.

Lisa - Wow, nice miles this weekend! Laughing at your kick outta bed Wink He knows you too well. Sounds like a great weekend! You always do all these fun an cool things that I am too introverted to do Smile LOVE the pizza analogy - I want goodness on all my pieces! Hehe, thanks for the advice Smile Have fun tonight!

Margaret - Congratulations on Tahoe Rim Trail! Sorry you didn't hit your goal, but sounds like the conditions were not ideal. You did awesome!!! Looking forward to hearing how it went.

HCF got his suit today! He looks goooooooood  Guys are so easy. He will only have one other fitting after today. Meanwhile, I will have at least 3 plus hair, makeup and etc. Guys are lucky.

Still super hot. Its hard to even want to go anywhere. Have not been feeling real good today - wondering if its the heat. Tomorrows run is going to suck but the cool down will arrive on Tuesday. Its looking like low's in the 60's the rest of the week and highs in the low 80's. Thats not Lizzie weather, but WOOHOO I will take it!

Time to get dinner ready. Have a good evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Wow. Stay cool out there everyone!

Susan, that is one determined baby. How old is he again? That's a long time to go without milk. He is determined that he wants mom and mom only? Wait until he is 21 and will only drink beer that's on draft...

HCK, glad you survived the race. It is getting warmer here but NOTHING like what it is in the eastern half of the country.

Karen, ugh on the AC being broken. Hope it is sorted soon. Hmm, wonder who in the group wrote that about finishing a 100 mile race? Looks like you are putting together a good experience for them!

Lisa, where are you FINDING these? Wow. That is an impressive array of animals. How about this one for 2020? https://www.runningwiththebears.org/

If it doesn't interfere with the New Hampshire one, which is the race on your list that interests me most -- I don't have NH.

Now, is anyone going to get you a stuffie for each race you complete representing the animal the race is named for?

Carol, think I would be ticked too if it was my RB. Whining is at the top of the "don't even go there" list.

Sandy, you know you can order groceries online to be delivered? It is a good idea to have some food in the house. And beer and wine!

Slowly making progress. I did 14.7 yesterday. There was some walking involved but less walking than there has been. Spokane is 12 weeks today and I know I'll be glad for every long run and every lunchtime gym visit and early AM haulout come race day.

Work is still crazy and will likely not improve any time soon, so know that I am thinking of all of you but sometimes I just don't have time to get online!

Back from Tahoe!  I didn’t have a sub-14 in me yesterday, much less a stretch-goal type of day, but I was happy with 14:20.  i felt the heat and altitude more than last year but otherwise no real issues other than tired legs and a couple banged up toes (what else is new).

Marlette Lake in the front, Lake Tahoe in the background.  Still some snow on the mountains.

At the top of Diamond Peak, after a hellacious 2-mile uphill climb:

My finish line "kick"

Finished!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Okay back to catch up...

Tessa, Damaris -- nice that your miles are getting back up there!

LC, sounds like a nice weekend with your mom.

Lisa, I saw the Possum's Revenge race shirt in person at the TRT pre-race briefing.  It really is something special.  The possum is quite well represented in your race calendar. Who knew possums were such prolific runners.

Lizzie, so sweet of you to offer to take in HCF's sister's dog.  I hope it works out.  How sad to be boarded for a month!  Did I read your post right, is the dog's name "three"?

Karen, great turn-our for your group!  Not to get all up in your running group's business, but like Tessa, I read the message on the dry erase board.  And I also noticed the one about finishing 100 mile race.  Cannot imagine not having A/C upstairs where you live.  Are you sleeping downstairs?

Kilmisters, hi!  Always glad to see you check in.  Contrary to what training plans would have you believe, nothing magical happens at 20 miles.  IMO, consistency is much more important, and you've had several solid trail runs, including races in tough conditions.   And you'll have Lisa with you.... priceless!

Kat, tomorrow's a new day.  No more pity party!  Swift kick to the fanny and get moving!  

Turtles, lol, lazy person's sangria.    Yikes on that heat index!

CrazySue, happy anniversary!  Nice that your DH will be home early.

HCK, nice job on 1st in AG!

Carol, is the post-marathon training plan more like a general fitness plan versus racing?

Stay cool and stay hydrated, everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

GatsbyBird, congrats on the 50 miler! I'm so jealous of the snow.