Womens Running

Tuesdailies----national fruit at work day (Read 10 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I'm still laid off so no fruit at work for me today. But usually it's a banana since they're quick and easy to eat. (my two breaks are only 9 minutes long and lunch is 22 minutes).

TM for me today because it's extremely foggy and I don't want to wait until later as it's supposed to warm up significantly.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I planned my staycation so well my first day back at work is today, a WFH day. I ran 3 this morning in 61F.

There is a fully remote position with a litigation arm of another agency. I'm thinking of applying but I have 3 more days to apply. I'd love to have a fully remote position, but a bit scared of getting out to a new agency and restart my probationary period. After 16 years in one field, this would be a totally different field too (legal advice but not bankruptcy). Gah.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I had an apple while working from home. 5.8 miles with strides this morning. Nice & cool.

BerthaSlayer, I'd definitely opt for the treadmill in fog.

Docket, how long is the new probabtionary period?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the new ones are 3 years? Not sure.

I'm considering not applying. The fact that this is with the main litigation arm means I will probably be involved in important litigation (good) but lots of hours (not good). I moved to Indiana to not have to work 80 hours a week and I don't want to go back to that. I might just keep looking.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think the new ones are 3 years? Not sure.

I'm considering not applying. The fact that this is with the main litigation arm means I will probably be involved in important litigation (good) but lots of hours (not good). I moved to Indiana to not have to work 80 hours a week and I don't want to go back to that. I might just keep looking.

Oh yikes, 3 years?! I was thinking a few months.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Normal is a year, but for some reason our new attorney is on a 3 year probation if I remember correctly. So they must have changed it. Or maybe it's just for that program (the same program that hired me straight from law school).

Damaris

4 miles easy after work.  I eat fruit at work which is also at home, yay me?

Three years seems like a lot for probationary period.  SSA and DHHS have a one year probationary period (unless the person needs it extended because they're having a hard time).  In the olden days, we (SSA) had to go into the office every day during probation then we became eligible for telework after that, up to 3 days/week.  Now everyone is all telework, all the time, including new people.  I heard DHHS still has a probationary period where they're supposed to go into the office, but the SF office is in a very unsafe part of the city and people were told not to come in.  So I'm not sure how it works there.

Damaris, working 80 hours a week is nuts, at least on a government salary.  If you're in private practice and they're paying you big bucks not to have a life, that would be different.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Problem was litigation in Miami and the amount of cases was nuts sometimes!

Damaris