Womens Running

Turkey Day! (over40) (Read 17 times)

ginnyb

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you all have as good a day as I am going to have

Love when the whole family is here.  It will be chaotic, but in a wonderful way!

Still contemplating the run this morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

runlikeagirl18

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm to Turkey Strut in a few minutes with DS1 and DS3. I'm running it with DS3 (who is 7) so it will not be a speedy pace. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm off to run then do the turkey etc. Dh and I only today. Just have a small turkey breast which won't take long.  Will start the Christmas projects too

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DS is still down in VA awaiting safe roads to travel here. He may not come until tomorrow…not sure.

It doesn’t matter for the foods I was planning. I can do them any time.

Today will be a variety of cardio DVD work and maybe the stairs a few times. (Gym is closed.) In a high rise we can climb a flight of stairs, march along the long hall and up the next flight of stairs, etc.. It’s a great way to do climbing exercise. One elderly friend and I did that many years ago. When we did it at supper time, the nicest variety of aromas would waft out into the hallways. I’ll use newer shoes today. I think the old ones I’ve been using for cardio are getting soles that are too hard. Hmmm. I think I’ll shop for new shoes after the holidays.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ran to and from Pilates (4 total) last night, followed by heavy weights.  3 with hubby and heavy weights this morning.  I usually cook a nice Thanksgiving dinner for the two of us.

Ginny, enjoy the run or the rest.

Cindy, hope the TT went well.

Marjorie, enjoy the run and the cooking.  I also make a small turkey breast and all the fixings.  Do you give the pups turkey too?

Judy, hope your son arrives today but if tomorrow, enjoy the weekend with him!

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

D oh heavens no. Our dogs do not get people food other than occasional popcorn

Marjorie

camille2

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm thankful DD is doing most of the cooking.  : ).  I'm also thankful we got to see Fairbanks friends yesterday.  Great fun, though too short.

cindy, I hope you had a great run with your kids!

Judy, I sure hope your son makes it.

ginny, sounds like a great day!

lisa, I'm so impressed with your run yesterday!  You'll be ready for that 50 k.

demaris and Marjorie, have a great day!

We did the Gallop and Gorge 8k this a m.  Cool and raining at start but rain stopped about 10" in.  Results aren't up, but I did 51 or 52" and am pretty happy with that, though I always hope for under 50.  If I'd seen the great pottery awards, I might have pushed harder.  : ) Gorgeous plates and cups-nicest I've ever seen! We did get a nice running hat and DD will get a great jacket  for completing series.  I'm glad we did it despite the chilly wet start.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got my inner crafter going. These will go on the front porch as part of the Christmas decorations. I'm pleased.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

They were simple to make. Found inspiration on Pinterest and decided to make something like it. Painted the planters yesterday. Loaded the ornaments and spiky stuff and greenery all after putting in the turkey.

Marjorie

Hi all,  Happy Thanksgiving!

Ginny, congratulations on a great run this am!

Carol, I hope you had fun running with DSs.

Marjorie, Really neat Christmas decorations!  Awesome job on the 10.5!

Judy, Hope DS arrives safely.  Enjoy the time with him.

Damaris, Nice job on the run and weights.

Camile, Great job on the race this am.  Prizes sound really interesting - much better than a medal that sits in a drawer (at least that's where mine go - mostly for finishing HM and a marathon).

Well back to grading reports - need to get the turkey in the oven soon, but since it is just DS, DH, and I - there's no real rush.

Did 5.2 miles this am in the neighborhood.  Windy morning (wind chill 20) but could have been worse.  Nice day to be out.. people wishing one another Happy Thanksgiving.  One other runner - he comment about being able to eat more turkey.  Yeah, and pumpkin pie, LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving!

camille2

The results are up from the a.m race.  The good news is that there was no need to push harder to get one of those handmade ceramic plates.   I was far from placing, even if they had used chip.   : ) those darn fast women showed up.

marjorie, those are nice! Good job.

susan, my SIL is doing school work, too, but as a student.  Have a great day!

Happy thanksgiving, one and all.  Back from my RC's "turkey trot", an informal run on the trails.  We had a great turnout, 19 people came including visiting friends/family.  Relaxing with a cup of coffee now then I'll prepare my stuffed mushrooms for the potluck later.

GinnyB, have a great day with your family.

Cindy, saw your FB pics from the Turkey Strut.   Looked like your buys were ready to strut!

Marjorie, very nice Christmas decorations.

Judy, enjoy your stair-climbing.

Damaris, did I see you're doing a marathon this weekend?

Camille, darn those speedy ladies.  Clearly they knew there were nice prizes so they all showed up.

RunnersMom, nice chilly run this morning.  Everyone out running and walking today seems to be in a great mood, maybe anticipating more turkey and pie later!

Greetings to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

ginnyb

1. I did end up doing the 5k this morning. Glad I did,I placed 1st in Age group and won a turkey.

All who placed first got one.  Snowed a little during the run, it was nice.

Marjorie I really like your  containers. They look great.

Oh yeah my miles were 13. 12.56 and 12.45 which isn't bad for me.  Haven't been running that much either SO I was happy.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.  The family will be here soon and all I want to do now is nap!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Another pic. Ready to go out tomorrow when other decorations go up

Marjorie