Womens Running

Well Wishes Weekendailies (Read 11 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Wishing you all a great weekend leading up to Christmas.  I'm sure you will all be busy!

Post anyways!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

UGH!  Woke up early and was like, hey, I'll hit Starbucks and be back quickly as mom is still asleep.  Instead the car is dead.  Caput.  No battery.  Now, mind you Starbucks is only a mile away and I most certainly can walk, but since Mom is still asleep and I don't want to be gone that long without her knowing, here I sit.  Not sure what I left on in the car...  At least I have AAA and I think it covers me, regardless of the car.  Now if Mom would just wake up.

Stressful time of this with Mom, trying to discuss what ifs and unpleasantries of getting older.  Very hard being a flight away too.  She finally agreed that perhaps when assisted living is necessary, she will consider moving near me.  Otherwise I will move here to help.  Don't think it is now.

Looks like it will be nice out, will try for some miles once Mom is all situated for the morning.

Hope you're all well.  I read everything and promptly forget.  But thanks for the thoughts everyone.

K

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today as I didn't sleep well again

Kats, those conversations are never easy. I'm grateful my dad expressed his wishes prior and was very mindful of his limitations. I hope your car is an easy fix

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Kats, my Very Best Wishes for all of you for the holidays, especially for Mom and her health situation. Yes, the thought of moving is not comforting, but she does need to be physically close to you at this time of her life.

I hope your car gets going easily. With newer cars, there probably are lots of things that can be "on" without our knowing.

This week was more long runs, 60 minutes, etc. so it was an improvement for me. I'm going to do some cross training this weekend.

May you all have Happy Holidays.   :::<3:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I'm still trembling from the rain and 41F at the race. I took it easy but the leg flared so when I saw my friend walking her kid to the finish, I joined them for around a mile, then ran ahead, then walked and they caught up and we finished together. It was a fun race, lots of donut stations, etc. Last year this race will happen at this location (or ever) so I wanted to make it.

PT exercises later.

Have a great weekend and holiday!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

11.7 miles. Lots of for the week, just don;t have them on RA yet. So much traffic this morning, now I need to go join it to pick up cupcake & hit the grocery store.

KatS, that's so tough. DH and I always say his parents waited too long to consider help. Lots of stubborness and well, it has to be equal distance between sons (spoiler, that would be the Susquehana River, and none exist in the 2 counties in MD on eitherr side of it). Once things settle, it may help to reach out to your local department of aging or the one near her to see what exists. It's not always a fast move in, at least in the continuiing care ones here. Ugh on the car, assuming it;s a rental, do they have roadside assist?

Anonymous Guest

7 miles for me, none of them through the gated neighborhood, sad. I know someone that lives in that neighborhood and she said once that she'd give me the code for the gate if they ever started closing them, but nah. She said people complain all the time on their neighborhood fb page that they live in a gated neighborhood but the gates never work. I think they just stopped using them when they started adding on to that neighborhood in the back (used to be an empty field), just happened to coincide with our house being built. At least I have the CR on both segments on Strava that are within the gates! Gonna lose my local legends on them, but hopefully the times stand for awhile.

Kathryn, that all sounds stressful and tough. Not gonna lie, I rely on my sister so much to deal with stuff like that. My mom is still pretty independent and healthy, but she sees what's coming and worries. It's hard to see parents age, and even harder when you're a plane away.

Damaris, nice job on the race.

HCK, had to take a quick peak on Strava, you have been running a good bit.

So my sister and I split a Southwest Airlines gift card for my mom, with the idea of her using it for a mother/daughter trip with us. I also got her an electric jar opener from Amazon, because when I was there she had a jar of salsa she couldn't open and had been sitting there so long her chips were stale. We kinda laughed about it then, but I could tell she didn't like having to call my brother or my sister's husband for something so small. She got it yesterday and is pretty excited she has a jar she can't get open. I forgot about batteries, she said she's going to buy some today so she can hopefully get the jar open before everyone comes for Christmas.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Ahhh, 4 miles today.  Or roughly that.  I forgot my watch in San Antonio, so I kinda mapped it out and put the timer on my phone on.  Decent.  Wasn't in the mood, but it was good to get out of the house.

Mom and I are butting heads.  There was a bit of door slamming on my part.  She's treating me the way the husband treated her and that royally pissed her off.  But apparently it's OK to do to me.  Example...  She had a hissy fit over the fact I had a bag of bagels, box of crackers, and a banana on the counter.  I had a few choice words for her.

Lori, bummer on the poor sleep.  Same here, but mine was because her 75# dog slept in bed with me.  Realize, this is a small twin (if that) day bed.  Yikes.  Legs got crampy with the lack of movement.

Judy, glad you're still getting out there and improving some.

Damaris, rain and 41 aren't a good mix.

Kathi, nice miles!  Oh!  Love the sports bra!  I will have to get more.  Not too snug, not too smushy.  Dare I say, almost comfortable.  AND CHEAP!!!  Cheaper than the damn socks I bought here.  HeHe.

Karen, nice 7 for you. There are lots of gated communities around my place, does limit the walking options.  Nice of the ticket for Mom and the jar opener, neato.  Just a few days left until registration!  I'm trying to figure out my flight home and registration opening...  Priorities.

Had told Mom I would drive into Vegas (30-40min away) to pick up a longer O2 tubing, but after this morning, I am not going.  We can drag that huge concentrator around.  GOOD NEWS!  Her O2 levels are back to acceptable range when she isn't on oxygen.  Still making her wear it for a few more days.

Oh yeah, battery is changed out.  (Mom's car.  When I mentioned it to her this morning, her response was, "AGAIN."  Grrr.)

Happy Saturday.

K

Anonymous Guest

Ahhh, 4 miles today.  Or roughly that.  I forgot my watch in San Antonio, so I kinda mapped it out and put the timer on my phone on.  Decent.  Wasn't in the mood, but it was good to get out of the house.

Not ignoring the mom troubles, which suck but I don't have a solution for. This, however, I do have a solution for. Open up the Strava app on your phone and start a workout from there. Not quite as accurate as a gps watch, but pretty close. And bonus - it's already on Strava as soon as you're done!

Also, must check out these walmart sports bras. C9 from Target were my favorites and I am still sad they don't make them anymore.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

16 miles this morning.  Beautiful sunny day but I felt kind of meh, and my left foot/shin were complaining.  I think it's the tendons on top of the left foot, same problem that came up during my 100.  Going to mention it to my doctor at my annual check up next week and see if she'll refer me somewhere, maybe PT or a physio.

Kat, sorry things are a bit rough at your mom's place. Those are difficult discussions and her attitude doesn't seem to be helping.  Even if she does't think she needs assisted living now, it's probably smart to discuss it and look into options while she's able to.  Nice job getting a few miles in.

Lori, Strava says you did a few miles today despite not feeling great, good work.

Judy, nice long runs for you.  Always glad when you check in.

Damaris, yay donut run.  But yikes that sounds chilly.

HCK, hope the traffic wasn't too bad.  Nice miles.

Karen, nice gift ideas for your mom.  At least batteries are easy to find.  Did you decide where to go with her?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

AnonymousGuest, here's the Walmart sports bras. I've gotten them in some fun colors and patterns.

10 miles today.  Tired from yesterday, but felt better overall.  I think the Hokas caused the issues yesterday.  Wore Asics today, with elastic laces, and didn't have any shin pain or tendonitis.  Might get another pair of elastic laces and try them in the Hokas.  The left foot doesn't like laces that are very tight, apparently.  Another nice sunny day.

Happy Christmas Eve to anyone celebrating!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did a 20 minute bike ride and lifted.

Merry Christmas Eve!

Damaris