Womens Running

Freaky Friday (Read 12 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Post em if you got em

Post even if you don't got any

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In the office and half asleep since Hershey started meowing for love at 5am. I wake up at 6:30!

I have 5 with X minutes at hard pace.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Rest day today. Heading out in a bit to the library to pick up the book DH requested and then to brave Costco. I'm making both meat and vegan lasagnas for Sunday when the family comes for dinner. That's gonna be "freaky" especially since MIL is also coming and hubby doesn't exactly get along with her. I will just make sure to separate them at the dinner table. 🤔

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Nothing too freaky happening here. Should be quiet at work since Monday is Presidents Day holiday. 

I had a nice day in the office yesterday. Caught up with work friends, griped about the re-org, got lunch and coffee. Couldn’t afford to eat out downtown every day but for once a month or less, I’m doing it.  Don’t love the hour commute each way but I’ll go in for a meet up.  

Karen, from yesterday, my nephew is like yours: he likes going into the office. I think he does it most days (of course, he lives in the city so it’s NBD). I think it’s a social thing for him.  

Kat, from yesterday, hell yes, your personal time is as important as your co-workers.  If they won’t pay OT for longer hours, then they shouldn’t take new customers so close to closing. 

Lori, good luck with the lasagnas. 

Damaris, hope it isn’t too bad in the office. 

I’ve got 3-mile shake-out run today and a 20 mile trail race tomorrow. Not much of a race, and I won’t be “racing”. Just a small event benefiting a trail organization, but it’s on some trails that I want to check out, north of my dad’s house. I’ll visit him after that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Anonymous Guest

I’ve got 3-mile shake-out run today and a 6-hour trail race tomorrow. Not much of a race, and I won’t be “racing”. \

I decided to make the drive over to run Jackalope Jam. Seeing posts from people out there doing the longer events (it has a 6, 12, 24, 48, 72 and 100 hour) and feel like I need to get out among other people. DH even said he'd come with the dogs and van until I explained the venue - not really dog or bike friendly, nothing for any of them to do. I did get a campsite for Wildflower Trail Run (closer to us, and at a state park) in May, so at some point I need to sign up for that one.

Off to run some errands and vacuum up some fur.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lori, enjoy your RD and good luck with the dinner on Sunday.

Damaris, generally we try to find the lowest dose of steroids possible, as I'm sure you know.  But agree, make him happy whatever it may be.

Margaret, enjoy the trails tomorrow!!!

Karen, have fun at Jackalope.  I've seen the posts too.  Still doesn't appeal!!!  Hehe.  I did Wildflower a few years ago.  I remember some hills and some sand.  I am hoping to be in Michigan that weekend doing a 12 hour with Lisa.  Maybe...

I will call my run today a win.  First half was pretty bleak, second half rocked.  I actually got 7 minutes of continuous running in.  Now, that might sound puny to some of you, but hot damn!!!  (Realize I was only running one minute at a time in the first half...)  I still need more time on my feet.

Funny, I put an old pair of socks on and the one foots sock was too low and my shoe rubbed my ankle and I got a blister, which I successfully rubbed raw.  I got annoyed and just took off my shoes for the last 2/10th mile (paved) and walked in my stocking feet back to my car!

Working both Sat/Sun at the vaccine clinic.  $$$$.  Can't complain.

Seems like a relaxing day now.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Half Crazy K 2.0

Crazy weather here today. Pouring rain when I woke up. At lunch, I ran out to pick up a trophy for work and it was 60 degrees and humid. Then a front came through shortly after that and more rain. Then around 3:30, something frozen as falling. Not sure if it was sleet or graupel. Now there is a wind advisory. 30 minutes on the treadmill, because who wants to go out in that crap, plus strength training.

Docket, off on the early wake up call. Around this time of year, I start waking up about an hour before my alarm. Does that continue once the time changes, of course not.

BerthaSlayer, I would think Costco mid day is far better than weekends or after work. I swear at the one by me sometimes it seems like they are giving gas away because the lines goes into the parking lot.

GatsbyBird, oncec a month would be ok, especially for the social aspect. It's so rare I buy lunch at work, not thata much in walking distance and driving can take forever to go a mile.

AnonymousGuest, enjoy the race.

KatS, ouch on the blister. It seems like you are doing a pretty smart ramp up. .When I started running, I started with 1 minute run, 4 minutes walk on a 3 mile-ish loop that I already walked. I kept upping the run time keepign with the 5 minute block since math was easier in the pre-smart watch era. Makes it easier to get time on your feet for sure, plus for the long events, it probably is helpful to be able to switch between run and walk. I did that for my full and it worked really well and I am sure it was a way more consistent pace than if I tried to run the whole thing.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris, generally we try to find the lowest dose of steroids possible, as I'm sure you know.  But agree, make him happy whatever it may be.

I understand that, but when Rubio was successfully gaining weight during his lymphoma with a certain dose, they decided to half it and he lost 1lbs and never recovered. Of course it could be coincidental but I feel that Rubio would've lasted more if he had been as strong as he could be and the lowering of the dose was unnecessary as his lab tests were perfect. They increased his dose a month later but I had to fight for it and by then I think it was too late. Hershey is probably at a more advanced stage than Rubio ever was and I fear that any changes that will be to his detriment might kill him quicker.

Hope I'm making sense.

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Kathi, that is some crazy weather!  My mom will wait in line at Costco for gas, she barely drives.  I just cannot imagine sitting there for a bit cheaper gas.  But then she is retired.  As a rule, I try to run 5-6 min every mile.  Somehow today I managed more the second half.  Doesn't happen often.

Damaris, you totally make sense and I totally get keeping doses high for quality of life. You know best being with them every day.

Aaaaaaaand, the afternoon has indeed been chill.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024