Womens Running

Wednesdaily, again (Read 12 times)

This week is dragging for me.  How about you?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Ran 6 yesterday, worked, voted.  Of course it didn't make any difference.  Work up today to see that Steve Garvey, former baseball player, former LA Dodger, will be on the ballot in November to fill Dianne Feinstein's senate seat.  He's running against Adam Schiff, who should win since this is CA, but who knows.  I hate elections.

Work and intervals are on the schedule for today.  I need more coffee.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with intervals this morning in fog and mist. Yesterday was just an annoying day at work.  I need to go to the store to pick up chocolates or something nice for one of the other departments I deal with after yesterday's fiasco.

GatsbyBird,  I need to see when our primary is. I think it's in May. I signed up to always vote by mail, so just need to figure out when to get my ballot.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, right there with you, this week is SLOW.  At least after today I have the next 4 off.  Good on you for voting!

Kathi, sorry yesterday was a bad work day, same here.

Zoomed with coach, we are hoping for 20 this week, BUT, with a few very easy walking miles.  If I can find the energy (I'm utterly spent), I will do as much run/walk as possible.  Furnace tune-up tomorrow, tattoo Friday which will eat the day up.

Guess that is as exciting as my life gets.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Anonymous Guest

Just enjoying some breakfast and coffee now. The 2.5 hours I was up before going to get my blood drawn were the longest ever! It is warming up out there but I needed food before being abla to run.

I got all my results back from yesterday's bone density scan and mammogram. I am twice as likely to break as a young healthy person. Not a hip though - those were good. Doc says make sure I'm getting enough calcium and vitamin D and get plenty of exercise. I guess I fit the demographic (older skinny white woman) for a reason. And I have to get more imaging done of my right boob next week. This sort of thing has happened before, so I hope once again it's nothing. I will try to remember that and not worry between now and next Tuesday.

Margaret, I didn't vote yesterday. I usually do early voting but by the time I realized early voting was open we were headed to Big Bend. Then I ended up running around busy all day and, well, like CA but the exact opposite, it didn't really matter. But I'm glad you did!

HCK, sorry about the sucky work day.

Kathryn, 4 days off will be nice, exciting or not!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Karen, bummer about the bone density and mamo.  I HATE waiting for blood draws.  I also hate the fact that the harsh reality is, our vote doesn't really matter here in the RED state of TX.

CE dinner tonight at a fairly nice restaurant, about 2-3 miles from my house.  Ahhh.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Hi!

3 miles this morning with Scamp. Today was a bit faster than Monday--I guess most of his mailboxes are still marked from that run. lol

Karen-ugh tests. But, information is always good.

Not much going on here, chiro visit this afternoon.  I wish I had scheduled a massage too.

Anonymous Guest

I got 7 miles in. It was getting hot and I did not give my food enough time to settle - I was feeling pretty miserable towards the end. And that's when I rationalized cutting it a mile short because I have my baby runners tonight and should get at least a mile in there.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Your elections totally confuse me.

Rest day today.  Yesterday's dinner turned out ok after all. I just used a slotted spoon to scoop the pasta. It tasted good. I did add cayenne pepper to the recipe though. Anyway, I'm totally exhausted today so I'm not cooking. Nope. And hubby is feeling unwell after his latest seizure so we're opting for Burger King tonight. It's gonna be a lazy night.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It sure is dragging. Left work early due to a headache that was almost a migraine. Took two excedrins and napped for an hour. Still not back to normal but much better.

Maybe it's the office that's my problem, lol. Too many people on all hands day.

I have 3.

Damaris