Womens Running

Labor Day WEEKENDS! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

3+ miles this morning. Hip was bothering me to the point I was limping a bit so I decided to stop before I hurt something else.

Lizzie--glad you were able to get your hair sorted out.  I think my hairdresser is about to retire---OH NO!!  I hope you have a plan B for the bachelorette party.

Karen--fingers crossed on the condo.

Headed to church, DD's house, Lowes, pick up the bookcase.....so much to do today. Still need to sew buttonholes on the baptism outfit.

LC Runs

5.3 this morning - I sure wish I could retire, this work crap gets in the way of my running!  Tomorrow I may be walking the Mackinac Bridge with a friend.  She texted me yesterday with some questions regarding parking because I have run the Bridge a few times (but many years ago).  Anyhow, she mentioned she was heading up there alone so I offered myself to go so long as BF and I don't spend the night tonight (I actually think we can't because another relative is there from out of state and they only have one extra bed).  Anyhow, they have changed it so you can walk both directions and turn around at any time (it used to be you had to start at the Upper Penisinsula and walk to the lower, but we can start at the LP and turn around at any time.  She's planning on walking the entire thing which is 10 miles total (5 there and 5 back).  I have never done this, even though I have lived in Michigan my entire life!

Lizzie - yay for getting the hair fixed and boo for Dorian messing with your party,  I hope it changes course!

Margaret - I love thriller books, I am getting into the author Karin Slaughter, I"m on book 3 of hers.  She has a couple of series but there are some stand alone books, too.

Sue - sounds like a busy day!  Hope the hip pain is just a glitch!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 fast for me miles today. Like I said,  the competitive bitch in me is back. But today's pace damned near killed me despite it being my once easy pace.

Lisa,  Kat and Margaret.... please let me know when you arrive Thursday as I will be at the cottage near Hell. Dinner? Carbo load with beer?

Lizzie  ... I'm glad you got your hair fixed. Hoping Dorian stays away from you too.

Laura...mackinac bridge is one that I've always eyed. Have fun.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day yesterday, 10 miles this morning. Wento my parents yesterday. On the way up there, I found a Sierra (formerly Sierra Trading Post) store! All sorts of good deals. I had wanted to check out the Nike outlet for Pegasus to see how they felt, but found a pair here for $50. Worked out well, because the Nike outlet is now gone.

DOcket & AnonymousGuest, I think it is hard to not get attached to a house/condo. You are picking out somewhere you are going to live, I'd think if you're meh on it, it would be a sign it's not the right place.

Lizzie, if watches/warnings get issued for VA beach, I would think you'd be able to get a refund.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Margaret, the walking closet is huge. That’s the INB room.

And we were looking at the houses with my friend’s husband so we called every closet INB room a lot that day.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Doggos had fun this weekend. Since we were only an hour and a half from home and it got hot this afternoon, we decided to just drive back and sleep in our comfortable bed tonight. I had planned to run this morning, but just too hard to get it done with dogs, so TURD.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Labor Day Weekend!  I have been SO busy, but I figured I should get on here because I am really far behind.    I have been reading though.  Sorry if I forget anything.    I was in Chicago over the last weekend, my brother and his family were in town from Boston as well as my Uncle Fred from China.  Then we went to the Wisconsin Dells and met my brother's family there.  And lots of school orientation events at the end of the week!  Phew.

My running has been going well, about a month left before my marathon!  I did my 20 miler Saturday.  I decided to try something different and do a build up run with the local running group since they happened to be doing 20 miles this weekend.  I figured it might be cool to run somewhere different and they also had water stops.  The first 13 miles was an out/back and fairly straight, no problem.  The ending 7 miles was also out and back, but it was a loop shape and was super confusing!  By that time, people were pretty spaced out so I had no one to follow.  There were a few cones, but there were also arrows on the road pointing in the opposite direction.  And there were runners running every which way, as well as turns that were not marked to show which way to go.    It was not clear where the turnaround was, so I decided to try to do 2 loops since that would be close to 20 miles but ended up accidentally shortcutting and being 2 miles short.  Which was actually OK because then I was at the final water stop before I tackled the last 2 miles, and there were no water stops on the route for the last 7 miles!  Judging from Facebook and the number of people that were running an extended part at the end, many people were confused.  As I was leaving and stretching by my car, the woman parked in front of me told me she was short 4 miles!  

Enough about me.... let's see what I remember...

Damaris, congrats on the house!  The castle is AWESOME!    DD loves it and wants to visit you.    Hoping that you continue to stay safe from Dorian!  Enjoy the packing.  

Karen, wow, the condo shopping has been a roller-coaster for sure!  The real estate market is crazy now, especially for things in an "affordable" range.  I hope this one comes through!  Hopefully you will find the one meant for you soon.  Hope you have a nice getaway!  Edited to say, great photos of the doggies!

Lizzie, awesome miles for the week!  I am sure your hair looks beautiful.  Cuz you are beautiful.    Dorian better stay away from you!  I have been enjoying the last weekend with the kids.  Tonight older DD is sleeping over with a friend and younger DD decided to invite a friend to sleepover.  So they are out of my hair, but I kind of miss them.    Hope you get the shower stuff sorted through!  My dad could make you a fan of Chinese food.  Real Chinese food, not chop suey.  

Laura, congrats on making your goal for the month!  One of my RB's had to do a .5 mile TM run to make his goal.    Walking the bridge sounds like fun!

Lori, welcome back to the competitive you.     I hope your hubby is better!

Sue, sorry that the hip has continued to bother you.

Kat, the tumblers are awesome!  Look at you being all crafty.     Sorry that the 50K did not go well.  The knee pain does sound worrisome!

Kupcakes, nice find at Sierra!  It is fun to shop there.

Margaret, sounds like a fun book sale.  Those 2 books that you almost grabbed are 2 of my favorites also.    Exciting about Woodstock!

Tessa, have fun with the new kitties!  

Elina, big congrats!  Looks like you had an awesome trip with Lisa!

Sandy, nice to see you back!  It is nice to have the option to run later in the day now.  Though I would prefer it not to be dark so early!   Your friend Jen is pretty entertaining on Strava.  She posts lots of pics!  Hope you had a good weekend, glad you got to enjoy the fair!  Part of me is bummed that summer is basically over but I am a little anxious for the kids to get back into their routine and to get this marathon thing done!  I am kind of getting tired of running!  

Cathy