Womens Running

October's Here Tuesday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

running eh

cx2 - 12 mins is better than no minutes!  Well done!  C doesn't hate you, she loves you - she only wanted you.  She is just so tired.

ernie - I love your reports about S - she is so much fun!  Have fun w. your friend, and enjoy the curry!

mer - pie and ice cream sounds like a reasonable meal to me!  It has most of the food groups.  So sorry to hear about DH's grandpa Sad

becky - I need to read up on this gov't shut down thing.  I tend to live in a little bubble at times and have no idea what is going on in the world - not a good way to live...  Have fun w. the speedwork.

CA  -hope the daycare break is going well!  A bubble bath, huh?!?  I can't remember the last time I did that.  I think I need a nicer tub for that.  Hope the tempo went well.

spike - exciting about the camping gear!!  Have you done a lot of camping in the past?  I was going to ask you what you did w. the thighs.  They are on the menu here tonight.  You are right about the race.  I keep reminding myself that I need to have good strong legs and knees to do my job too.  I can't hobble over to a desk and sit down for the day.  I may be hiking people out of a ravine or down a few flights of stairs...

rg - great progress by the students!!  You sound like the proud mother duck!  I will let you know how the knee feels after my run - frustrating!

Erniegirl

CA - Good call on leaving the kids in daycare until after lunch so you don't have to make lunch Smile I would totally do the same thing!

Spike - Nice solo run last night! I was just relieved she didn't smear any of the cream into the carpet or her hair.

Mer - Sorry about DH's grandpa and that you aren't able to be there. Are you getting lots of dumb comments from people like "haven't you had that baby yet?" People started saying crap like that to me like three weeks before my due date and it made me want to punch them in the head.

zorbs - Sometimes the odd mosquito will appear inside our house in the middle of winter, so mosquitoes at Christmas are always possible! Yum, I love pumpkin spice latte. I am going to have to mosey down to the mailbox and look for coupons.

becky - What time did C finally go to bed last night?  I have no idea how you went this long without real coffee. Embrace the sauce!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I usually just use Safeway generic GF pasta. I've tried a bunch of different ones and there are a few that were terrible (DeBoles and this one other brown rice spaghetti) but most of them are ok.

CA- I like cooking a lot better when I can use my oven. I'm a roasty kind of gal.

eh- I did a ton of camping as a kid, but no backpacking. DH has done basically backpacking when he fights wildland fires. I really like to broil or grill boneless chicken thighs, they get nice and crispy. My favorite way is to season heavily with chili powder and salt, but last night I did garlic salt and italian seasoning.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07