Womens Running

Wintery Wednesdaily (Read 10 times)

Not sure what happened to fall, looks like we went straight to winter. Days feel shorter, it’s overcast, and I just want to stay in bed. 

Post!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Having coffee, yogurt, and blueberries, at least what’s left of them after my birds found them in the counter.  Walked a couple miles after work yesterday.  Just some twinges when rotating it.  All in all, feeling pretty good. 

HCK, what are you doing with this year’s grape harvest?

Karen, sounds like you’re in a nice spot. 

Hi to all!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wish. We are a bit cooler but it's been a long ass summer (we didn't have a spring nor winter). I'm ready for Fall but if Winter, so be it.

4 after work.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

The switch has been flipped in CO. I’m in pants and two sweatshirts this morning. Temps 10-20 degrees cooler back at our place, even cooler in the mountains. 

Not sure if I’ll run today, not feeling 100%.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Howdy!

3 miles w Scamp this morning.

Cooler here (not 100F + anymore) but not sweatshirt cool.

Not much happening today. Just work..

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

To catch up...

For several weeks I had been unable to find Sunday Buddy. This past Sunday we reconnected and had a good long 65 minute walk. He and family have had some medical issues so are busy solving those. I suspect this coming Sunday will be our last for the season. Then we will probably start next March or so at dawn. We are both at the age where we go by the obituaries.

For the last several days, I've been getting used to having Brooks Adrenaline wide shoes. I did get some new ones for 2023 finally. I've always liked the snug feeling of their shoes, but the wides are just that...wide. My bunion is happier and I am wrapping toes 2 and 3 so all is improving. I've also been icing that foot after my weekday 35 minute runs. Being careful to "heel strike" is helping the bunion foot. 

GatsbyBird, I feel the same way about staying in bed now that it is darker in the morning. It's also cooler at night now here.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

So tired. Got woken up first by storms, then DH came upstairs to tell me there was a tornado warning for our area. So went down to the basement for a bit. Took a while to fall bacl to sleep after that. 6 on the treadmill before work and strength training after.

GatsbyBird, definitely seems darker longer. I made some jam/jelly, juice.concentrate and have a whole bunch of whole grapes in bags in the freezer, Got tired of standing over boiing grapes in 100 degree heat. I told DH we need to come up with some sort of purple cocktail for football, we'd get the neighbors to drink all of it!

Docket, it's closer to fall here, at least it isn't 100.

AnonymousGuest, wow, that's a big cool down.

CrazySue, it's definitely not sweatshirt weather here, but when it drops below 75 in the mornings, I see plenty of people in them--and it's not just the middle schoolers trying to look cool. It's adults out walking.

judyruns, glad you caught up with Sunday buddy. I wish I could stay in bed later, I tried to day and just couldn't get back to sleep.

Anonymous Guest

I took this at out campsite this morning. Twin Lakes is beautiful. Home now as it's going to rain the next couple days and camping in cold rain sounded kinda dumb. We're going to do laundry, get more groceries, etc. then head out probably this weekend, and will then be gone until the end of the month. The dogs are so tired after the last three days, they will probably sleep the entire trip home to Texas after two weeks of camping.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel