Womens Running

Wickedly Wobbly and Wonderful Wednesdaily! (Read 12 times)

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Post!

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Last day here.  I leave at 9:40am tomorrow.  Mostly fun, sometimes challenging, a few times frustrating.  Such is traveling, especially in such a wildly different part of the world.  

My title today stems from my morning activity.  A bike ride.  Now mine you, I haven’t been on a bike in 6-7 years.  Needless to say, my skills were  VERY rusty.  I think I terrified the guides I was so wobbly.  On top of that, the ride was down very narrow alley ways, along the canals, through markets.  I didn’t fully fall, but I wobbled into a wall just barely scraping my arm, no blood.  It was an adventure.  Wore me out from the physical work (minor) and the mental fortitude (major) to get through it.  Overall, great experience. 

I hope you all are OK.  I remember seeing Margaret is concerned about COVID.  Thoughts your way.  Any anyone else who is under the weather.  

I get back tomorrow with the time change. Friday I have a running girls late lunch.  Christmas Eve and Day I was invited to a friends.  How kind.

Off to my last activity, a night TukTuk ride.  Food, markets, and Chinatown.

Back to reality…

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I haven't been on a bike in forever.

5k on my tm today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! Weights for me later.

I ran my 10 on the TM. Didn't want to be bothered to dress up and run partly in the dark. Then got upstairs and hubby was throwing up. Came back with a stomach virus. I felt guilty for asking but I asked and got the OK to WFH today as situational telework. It is all hands day at work and didn't think they would like to get infected if I caught it.

Kat, travel safe!

Lori, me either and I have an indoor one with iFIT I should use.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

I'm going to run a little this afternoon. Cold front doesn't come through here until tomorrow sometime so I might be able to sneak in another one tomorrow morning. I went to the grocery store at 8 am this morning - great time to go the week of Christmas, it was pretty empty in there.

Margaret, I hope whatever you've got is short lived, and you are feeling better soon.

Kathryn, you have had an amazing trip. It's gonna be a little cold when you get back though. The bike ride sounds fun, but stressful if you haven't ridden for awhile.

Lori, nice job on the TM 5k.

Damaris, hooray on knocking out that 10 miler! Hope hubby feels better soon, and that you don't get whatever he has.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

"Spending three grand on shit you wanted for yourself while I was out of town for a week does not mean you can then call those things my Christmas present!" - Me, just now

"That's exactly what it means. Merry Christmas!!!!!! - DH, trying to convince me that the new tires on the van, an oil change kit for my car, and some other things he bought are actually my Christmas presents.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill because cold.

KatS, I haven't been on an outside bike Iin years. I've been adding some short spin workouts in recently.

BerthaSlayer, nice treadmill run.

Docket, hope you do you catch what DH has. It would be stupid to not let you wfh.

AnonymousGuest,  tires weren't on your Christmas list?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

"Spending three grand on shit you wanted for yourself while I was out of town for a week does not mean you can then call those things my Christmas present!" - Me, just now

"That's exactly what it means. Merry Christmas!!!!!! - DH, trying to convince me that the new tires on the van, an oil change kit for my car, and some other things he bought are actually my Christmas presents.

NOPE. Those are not Christmas presents. They are household things! Hit him with the broom over the head, TYVM.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't plan hubby to get sick, but it might end up being a long ass weekend at home but tomorrow it's my telework day and they are all likely being let go to drive home and continue working from home after noon. Then chances are we are working from home Friday due to the storm (assuming we have power, of course). So, I am out of the office until Tuesday. Can't complain!

Damaris

Kat, you are so adventurous!  I love that you went on a bike ride through Bangkok.

Karen, maybe you should tell the boy that those things are HIS Christmas presents (and birthday, and valentine's, and anniversary....).

Lori, glad you got good news at the doctor yesterday.

Damaris, hope you can avoid the stomach bug. An extra few days WFH is nice!

HCK, from yesterday, we didn't feel the Ferndale earthquake at all, which is a little surprising since it was a pretty big one.

I'm still coughing but feeling a lot better than yesterday.  Fever and body aches are gone.  Seems like another bout of bronchitis, which is annoying, but I guess that's how it goes until the body builds immunity back up.  Will keep testing prior to Christmas.  No exercising for a few days until I know the bug is gone.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR