Womens Running

Tomato Thursday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. I ate some wonderful salsa last night and did NOT swell up like a balloon.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wonderful tortilla soup and salad last night. Excellent salsa and chips as well. Yum!

Coach and I ran yesterday at the track. I did 25 minutes, then we both did 10 minutes of intervals. Ahhh. This time we fast walked the corners but dashed the straightaways. Much better on the knees.

Today will be an errand or so and then a track run with a cardio tailed onto the end at home.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Yeah, that you didn't swell up!!!

I just wrote out my GC report and it didn't post....booo.  I will repeat later, but most go to work now....

Carol

Good Morning!

Had a good ride yesterday after work--17.5 miles with a strong wind.  this morning did 5 miles with Jeffrey.  Now I am ready for a nap.  Or knitting, whichever I can get away with Wink

Tessa--85F  yesterday, but my office has been cool lately and I could use an extra layer indoors.

Have a great day!!

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Another lovely 4 mile run with Jet this morning. 47f. I don't think I posted that I decided to do the HM on the 1st. Its going to be hilly, but I'm excited to do it. One of the gals I work with and her boyfriend are also doing it so I'll have company.

Judy - tortilla soup, chips and salsa. Yum! Glad the salsa didn't bother you.

Carol - can't wait to see your trip report

Sue - nice riding and running. I'd be ready for a nap too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies!  Working from home today.  Rest day, so I had a massage before work and Pilates after work planned.

Judy, yum at the salsa.  And tortilla soup is even better. And yeah that you did not swell up!

Carol, boo at the not posting.  Hoping to read it soon.

Sue, nice bike ride.

Shadow, jealous of your weather.

Damaris

camille2

Judy, woo-hoo on not swelling after eating salsa.

Shadow, that's exciting about your half.  Which is it?  I think you said, but my memory...

Demaris, aren't you doing Chicago?  I was going thru t-shirts last night, saw my Chicago shirt and I thought you said you're in.  It was my first full and we had so much fun.  Speaking of shirts, I really need to be ruthless in getting rid of them, but find it hard to part with many of them.

No Marjorie yet?

I did 3.5 miles and it's a good thing, since it's been my only productive thing today.  I drove into the city this morning for an appt and they didn't have what I need, so I get to go back next week. It's about 90 miles RT. They're nice, but geez.  I took my running gear and ran on a trail on the way back and it was about 80 before I got started. I know it's cool for some of you, but  I  was pouring sweat despite walking back the last mile.  I didn't have a towel to protect the seat so was trying to dry off with a couple napkins.  Have to get back in GA mode.

Question for those of you who use runkeeper...is there a way to look back at runs from a few days ago? I only get current day.

Hi to everyone else!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

judy that is great. So did it have tomatoes in it?  Good news  if it didn't bother you

Sue your office is like mine. Feels like I'm in the freezer section of the grocery store.

Shadow hope the hm goes well

i have a friend doing a full in a few weeks. She is grossly unprepared. Longest run ever in her whole running life was 16 miles. That was several weeks ago and it was hard and she didn't do well afterwards. She has rarely gotten over 20 miles total for the week. I have no idea how she thinks she can still do a marathon. Half assing the training is not going to make this a good experience. She has done a half before, but has not put in the work for a full.  She doesn't want to listen that this is not going to go well. All I can do is sit back and hope she realizes it. She us either going to death march a lot of it or end up dnf or hurt.

Camille I have been dealing with crazy people at work.

Marjorie

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Docket - yes, I agree, our weather is gorgeous right now, high 40s at night and 70s and low 80s during the day. Sounds like a great rest day.

Camille - its the Zeitgeist Half Marathon. Way to go on your hot run. I would have been melted running when its that warm

Marjorie - wow, that's crazy. I've never done a full, but wouldn't attempt it without at least one 20 miler. I hope she sees the light.

I forgot to mention I'll be doing upper body weights tonight and a rest day tomorrow.

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, please tell her from me to drop to the half. 16 is NOT enough for a full.

Karen,  hope you check in here, I am on the plane in SLC and they just said we'd be about 30 mins late into Baltimore.  Sorry.

Judy, Yay for being able to eat tomatoes! Salsa is good.

Camille, sorry about the frustrating day.

Doors closed, bye!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh Tessa I would but she won't listen. She said she is determined and very stubborn. Her last 10 miles will be terrible.  She really doesn't know what she is getting into. It is one thing to have 6 more miles. But 10.. And having such a small base. She doesn't have the time in her feet to help carry her through.

Shadow ow I agree. And I'm even more concerned of just no base. Rarely getting 20 miles a week and doing a full?  I can't imagine.

Marjorie