Womens Running

Well well, Wednesdaily (Read 11 times)

It's the Wednesdaily!  I hope you are well!  Post!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

I did 7 miles after work yesterday with intervals.  10 miles on the schedule for today, likely after work again.  Glad that the days are getting longer.  NY Times has a wellness newsletter that I've been reading.  Some good stuff in it for physical and mental well being.  I highly recommend if you are a NYT subscriber.

From yesterday, I usually trip and fall on the flat, non-technical parts of the trails.  As soon as I let my guard down, wham!  And I always scrape up the same area on my right knee.

Karen, I hope some people showed up for your 5k training group last night.

Kat, getting started with anything is often the hardest part... start reading the book and share the secrets with us here.

Damaris, that weather sucks.

Hi to HCK, Lori, and everyone else.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Margaret, have a good after work run.  Well indeed, I hope we all are.  I did indeed start the book!!  OK so far, author was just setting the background/tone about what people think/have thought of toughness.  I also got my NY Times crossword book, something I really enjoy doing.

Also from yesterday, I am much like Lori, terrified of falling on trails so I generally walk.  Luckily my July race is a rail trail.  I as well will fall on the flat bits, have more than once, always embarrassing if folks are around.

Bought new shoes yesterday in hopes of more cushioning.  Got HOKAs.  Ordered them online, but HOKA has a pretty liberal 30 day return policy.  I have a pair of trail HOKAs, but only tried them on the road a few times.  We shall see.  Get them next week.

I FINALLY, after probably FOUR years of dealing with a plantar wart, have scheduled to have it removed.  Not stellar timing, but it is now causing me daily pain, something new.  I can work after as I don't do alot of standing or walking (I hope) as a rule.  But no running or walking long ways.  So, I will get a rest week the end of March.  Already grosses me out and makes me super nervous for the procedure.

Once the weather improves a bit later I am going out for about an hour of run/walk.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I have an extremely important public service announcement, one not to be taken lightly.  It is Girl Scout cookie time.

You're welcome.

K

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill, Thought about running outside, but like having less laundry.

GatsbyBird, I always catch my left foot on things and then fall harder on my right knee. I also always bruise up the left foot when it catches whatever.

KatS, how is the plantar wart being removed? I had some frozen off years ago. Wasn't bad unless I hit it on something.

Anonymous Guest

Small turnout last night, but it was fun. There is another info meeting next week at their other store and the interest for that one is about 5 times what they got for this one (they have 2 stores and plan to do one group for the group runs, located between the two stores.....which is right where I live), so will be interested to see what kind of turnout that will get. The dude's presentation was pretty good. He had asked me for a short running/coaching bio and when he talked about me, the shop owner's jaw dropped and he said, "wait a minute, back up....61 marathons? How do you still have knees?" 1.) I know so many people that have run so many more than me, and 2.) sigh, cyclists - running is not bad for your knees! Anyway, I'm excited, because I disagree with Lori, running with others is not overrated!

Still raining here after raining all day yesterday, but it is finally tapering off. Lake is about 9 feet low, so happy to see it and hoping for more. Meanwhile, did chores and stuff this morning and will go for a short run this afternoon.

New Boston jacket is out. Color looks decent, but the back looks a little weird. I'll probably buy it, because 4 Boston jackets isn't enough?

Margaret, 7 was my long run last week and I'm hoping to get to 10 this week. I dream of getting back to the days where those are back to back weekday runs!

Kathryn, good you're getting that taken care of! I've had Hoka Cliftons in my road shoe rotation for awhile. They were my favorites, but lately I've been really liking my New Balance shoes, of all things.

HCK, I hear ya on the less laundry. I couldn't figure out why the running/cycling dirty clothes basket was so light the end of last week, then realized it was the two TM days.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon! 4 after work. Windy AF here with 60mph gusts expected today and tomorrow. But 60F, so weird.

Busy AF today, sigh. See you!

Damaris

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Kathi, the wart will have to be surgically dug out.  I am sure it is super deep since it has been there so long.  I'll have sutures by the sounds of it.

Karen, good luck with the other store, 5X's the interest is positive!!!  Get the jacket!!!!

Damaris, too windy for this chick.  Bummer you're so busy.

4 miles today, mostly walking, some power hiking, some easy.  Chilly but nice out.  Of course now that I am home the sun came out.

Another PSA, NYC Marathon lottery sign up started today though Feb 22nd, drawing Mar 1.  I am applying again.  I still want redemption.

That's that.

K

Well well indeedy!

3.5 miles with Scamp this morning. Really the best part of my day lately.

Kat--I've been wearing Hokas for 3-4 years. I'm hoping to pick up a new pair this weekend at the LRS. Might be more expensive, but the owner and his staff have helped me numerous times so I think it's worth it.

Thanks for the PSA! I need to order cookies!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Sue. I was researching hokas.  Clifton 8’s are on sale for $112 I believe.  They 9’s are coming out “soon.”  I get giving the LRS your $$$ though.

K

Thanks for the PSAs, Kat!  I'm going to give the NYC marathon website a couple more days before I try to enter the lottery.  Seemed to be a little overwhelmed today when I tried earlier.  I have no doubt that the girl scouts will find me at a weak moment and convince me to buy cookies.  Happens every year.