Womens Running

Merry Monday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

Erniegirl

Bermy - Awesome job on your race. I am sure you will be going sub-21 in your next race, especially if the weather is cooler! I will say that feeling unfit at the 2m mark is pretty normal - if you don't feel like you're going to die by the halfway point of a 5k race, you're probably not running fast enough! I am not the best at pacing races and think I need to work on my endurance as well. Probably with lots and lots of Bermy 1000s Smile In my sub-21 5k I ran my first mile in about 6:05 and had visions of a sub-20, but I lost steam from there on.

Becky - Ugh, the hot sun and running past a crab house in the heat sounds brutal! Congrats on the finish. The weather can only be cooler for your next race!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

spike - ooohhh that stone is lovely! Looks like a mountain resort! So beautiful - tasteful and chic! LOVE IT. And you're never going to believe this but I have nearly finished the topper for the machine quilted baby blanket - I just got right on it - did all the accurate measurements like you told me with the rotary cutter and used 1/4" seam allowance for edges which I have never had the confidence to try before. I just do a little bit each naptime and it is WAY quicker than hand sewing!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - 20 was great! Pace was easy, and lower than we were last week - 9:50/mi approx, but I still had something in the tank at the end. I have one more 18-19, and 2 more 20's (or one 20 and one 22 maybe), so I'm taking it as a good sign that the first 20 went so smooth. Awesome tempo, especially just 2 days after that amazing 5k! Are you tossing your too big for you clothes? I'm not sure if I should go that far yet, so they are going in a bin in the basement.

zorbs - if we could sell it w/o detailing I'd probably be lazy and not but it's a pig sty - my dh does not keep it clean at all, and I'm not willing to scrub it for him.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

CA - great news on the 20m and even better news that you feel good after it. Sounds like you fueled well and built up for it perfectly. Yes on tossing big clothes. I do have some super cute lucky jeans which are size 6 - should I put them on FB and see if anyone wants them?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- glad you did some machine sewing. It goes very quickly when you do it factory-style! I think cutting and determining the layout is the most time consuming part!

cx2- Our next task is lighting. *gulp*

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - good plan to pass the jeans on!  I'd post more, but shipping from Canada is so expensive sometimes it's more than the item is worth.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

BERMYYYYYY - congrats on your race, that is fantastic!!!  You should be thrilled - you worked so hard!  Third woman overall is awesome! I love how each race is such a great learning experience.  Did you run that fast workout with the stroller then??  WOW!  Yay for Coldstone, yum!

becky - thanks for the race recap, sounds tough!  Way to get it done!